It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I just say that some lawyers suck!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have this deal going on right now. It's been going on for about a year. It's civil, not criminal. It relates to the first wife and it is pathetic. But...what is worse is the way my attorney has handled the case.

I am now much worse off than I would have been if I had followed my instincts. But I thought lawyers were like doctors...they know the right way to do things. My lawyer said he quote, "wrote the book on this stuff" as he has been a lawyer for 40ish years.

I have learned that if someone says they wrote the book on anything, do not buy it. My director at my last position said at one time that he wrote the book on professionalism. That was a laugh riot as he was inapropriate in many ways most of the time.

I am going to try to put an end to it myself and after it is finished, I am going to small claims for the limit of I believe it is $3000 (I will have to check) and attempt to get back some of the money he has caused me to lose as well as all the grief and anxiety he has helped add to my life. That's not enough money but that's not the point. It would be my way of slapping him. The money is irrelevant.....and I would have an easier time slapping a lawyer in small claims than in a real court room.

Small claims is the way to go as it is just him and me and a judge or magistrate decides.....perhaps he defends himself better when he defends himself, but this is pretty cut and dry. It will help add closure for me and also make me feel like I had some damn control over my life!!

Peace! Feel free to share similar stories of crappy experiences with lawyers.

new topics

join