It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Situation X Scenario?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Situation X Theories completely pique my curiousity due to the fact that every person I've ever met seems to have an individual idea on how the world, as we know it, will end. So, I thought to myself, what is the most realistic scenario I can come up with that I could accurately say is not only highly possible but also probable?

So without further ado, here is my Ultimate SitX Scenario:

First of all, based on thelibras classification and category scales, I find that my scenario crosses many boundries. I'm going to focus primarily on the effects that this would have on the U.S. as I am most familiar with that country's socioeconomic practices as compared to other cultures. I will briefly touch on other events outside of the U.S. that I theorize could happen but they will be brief.

Stage 1:
Category - Conventional Destruction/Violence
Class - 3/4

The U.S. involvement in wars/hot spots abroad has brought upon great economic, political and religious unrest for the span of over 50 some odd years since the end of WWII.

Primarily, the largest pressures have been exerted over the past 17 years since the first Gulf War and our prescence in the Middle East on a permanent basis. Since that time, the U.S. Military has been knee deep in one operation or another trying to bring peace to an area, which for thousands of years, has known no peace largely due to ideological differences.

This involvement, whether it be in the deserts of Iraq or the "peacekeeping" missions in Kosovo and Somalia, have led to the world culture not only seeing the U.S. as being aggressive but also oppressive. This has led to many strained alliances, none more so than the 2003 invasion of Iraq that was not supported by the majority of the U.N. and was later seen as a significant folly of the U.S. Administration.

These involvements have weakened the status of the U.S. as a "benevolent superpower" and have been responsible for millions of untold deaths to the general public in the countries involved further diminishing the good standing that the U.S. has enjoyed for so long with the governments of the world.

This has also led to the devaluation of the American dollar in most countries, most notably against the Euro. Oil prices have risen steadily and we now stand on the precipice on not just a repression but another great depression due to confidence being low in American streams of revenue.

On top of that, the U.S. Government is spending approximately $12B a month in Iraq alone in counter insurgency operations. Progress is being made but in doing so the U.S. is tarnishing it's reputation with heavy handed policies.

On the homefront, terrorism is being used to enact new laws which seek to negate vital sections of the Constitution, including privacy and the right to bear arms, which will only lead to further bueracratic corruption and put money in the hands of those who are already rich. This will further depress the common public's ability to make a good living and trust their government.

Due to all these things, public unrest will continue to grow, crime rates will start to soar, and your average, law abiding citizen may soon have to take things into their own hands in order to provide for their families.

cont......

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Stage 2
Category: Economic
Class: 3/4

Due to budget overspending and general lack of confidence in the U.S. economy, don't be suprised to one day wake up to a crashed stockmarket and the beginning of another Great Depression.

However, in this day and age, I believe the impact would cover the entire planet. Every major nation in the world has economic ties to the U.S. and a failure in economy here would lead to a massive drawback of profits.

In the U.S. alone, unemployment would reach staggering heights. The call would be put forth to the government to supply aid. Alas, much like its lack of response to the Hurricane Katrina debacle and more currently the flooding in the midwest, government agencies would just be too overwhelmed to handle such a large failure of services.

Riots, civil unrest and general violence would break out in the major urban centers. Suicide/Homicide would become common. Breakdowns in communication, hospital care, public utilities and state aid would follow.

At this point, I believe the government would enact provisions currently brought into effect that would firmly establish martial law. Large elements of the military would be brought home from abroad. Curfews would be put in place. Basic civil liberties would be suspended in the name of order and as a demonstration of the power of the U.S. government.

To be perfectly frank, a psuedo-facist dictatorship would be placed in affect eliminating our freedoms. Mass desertions would occur in the military as they are asked to control the populace but they choose not to follow orders. The Constitution itself will voided.

This will only lead to stage 3.

cont....

new topics

join