It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I had the smoking gun to UFO question?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is a hypothetical question of course. First what form would this proof have to be. We know every picture/video is typically said to be hoaxed, CGI, flares, camera glitches..whatever. Let's say it is physical evidence- what would you do with it. I'm just not sure what it would take. If I had something where would I go with it. We know testimony doesn't go far without numerous witnesses. We have astronauts, pilots testimony still the unbelievers out number believers in large part. OK so what's left?
If you had a piece of the truth how long till you are discredited in some way by the government. How long till they take what evidence you have. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't a nowin situation. Where's Kirk when you need him.

Shoot even if aliens landed on whitehouse lawn during a press conference it wouldn't be 15 minutes before it is coined a publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would be more convinced if there was at least one huge Independence day mothership that would fly over every major city and give advanced notice by breaking in on our communications systems. Shuttle rides to the ship for the day and maybe a sleepover included. Possibly by lottery drawing. I guess something like a Star Trek type tour. Let us know when you get the OK from your friends.
Forward to hearing more.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Hi BP, didn't you post this same question about 3 weeks ago? I'm swear it's a virtual cut & paste, but the title sounds different. If it isn't you that posted it, my bad.

Anyways, I'll let the others chew that portion and tear it apart like ravenous wolves.
Back to the thread. If it was me that had a piece of material that I KNEW was ET; I'd NEVER go on the web with it. I wouldn't even announce it. However, I'd have to find those that I could trust with my house keys for a month and come back knowing everything is still in the same place before I'd show anyone.

You'd never get rich simply because ppl would debunk it in 30 secs saying 'oh .. he made that in his garage....blah blah blah.." Find someone that is level headed, holds a steady job, knows a bit about aircraft material or preferably an AA engineer.. and make sure.. they've been your friend that has stuck with you for the last 20 years that give credit to your character, those who in no way are connected to the big brother, and rather not be either.

If you want to spread the news of ET are here by showing the material you might have...start off by showing those ppl first.. if it's real, the news spread...
GL

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

well, ppl will always be a skeptic until they have a personal experience.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The best way to prove that there are aliens among us would be to drag a dead alien carcas out to a huge press conference and lift the veil.... i hope that would convince some people....

Do you have a smoking gun BP??

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

What if I had the smoking gun to UFO question?

You would be killed and we wouldn't be any closer to figuring this enigma out.
Keep lookin!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Komodo,
No, I did not post this before - was thinking of UFO_reality's thread today about the meeting with Sr air force officials..
I guess it caused me some grief as I thought what if I did know the truth and have evidence and nobody still believed.

BP

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Agree with previous poster.......... a real EBE, alive or dead, carried into a common area with press alerted. I think that'd prove the point. If it were that public, the controlling powers would not be able to whisk it away to bunkers unknown.

Another thing: A metal amalgam that was impossible to recreate on this planet. Something with properties, perhaps formed under great pressures, or perhaps having programming or conductive or other properties that we humans could not replicate.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think you would have to have a dead alien body and take a picture of it with the Pope standing there with a sign that reads, "THIS IS REAL, OR I AM NOT THE POPE!"

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The smoking gun exists when "YOU" actually discover it. For me it was Nov - 2004. Why do people need the Govt or some MSM outlet to tell them UFO's exists? What I saw was either hi-tech (black-ops) US military or an Alien spaceship there is no other explanation. Either way they are liars and have the truth carefully hidden about what they know.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Honestly, I truly believe that if an alien race landed, held a press conference announcing that they are here for friendship, gave us the cures to cancer, aids, and the common cold, and left behind a stargate type of portal with a "visit anytime" note, there would still be people passionately claiming it's all a hoax and offering all sorts of "proof".

For me, I believe already. So there is no need to convince me any further.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

well BP, all I can tell you is, I've said that for years based on what I've experienced since 19777-78. Though no one can debunk it, they still remain unbelievers.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
biological evidence would be the best bet. It can be safely hidden - unlike a UFO.

What would I do with it?

Firstly I would not contact any labs or government agencies as it would be swallowed up and simply disappear along with myself.

So Who would I contact?

Reputable UFOlogist such as Stanton Friedman, I would also contact those in the periphery like Hoagland and Art Bell... basically those that are well and truly in the public eye. I would pay their air fares and gather them for a secret meeting where we would all decide a plan of action as to how it could be broadcast to the world while we all remain safely in the publics eye.

I guess it would mean that the carcass or body part would have to be divided up into many parts and hidden in separate places so that if one of us bit the dust, the evidence would still remain and be close to impossible to contain.

Once out in the open, the DNA testing would bare the truth to the world.

That's one plan

IRM

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this is too easy,

during the olympics in china, while the men are running the 400m hurdles, all you need is a ufo to crash land on the 50yrd line.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I suppose it would all depend what the real answer to the UFO question is. Or if there are multiple answers.

I think if you had something that the majority of people would agree is proof positive that some UFOs are time ships from the future, for instance, I think you could go to any major news network and they would happily broadcast it. After all, it's been proven that they will broadcast a lot of UFO crap. They would likely broadcast the definitive truth about UFOs if they had the chance.

From there, of course, the horse race would be on. There would be the attempts to disprove it, but we're assuming here that the proof would be solid. So eventually, most people (except the flat-Earthers and ATS conspiracists) will have to agree with it. Then the world as we know it changes forever.

Now, just because you had proof that one or some UFOs are time ships doesn't mean some other ones aren't alien spacecraft, or manifestations of demons, or whatever. So there will always be questions.

But one thing you might consider is that if you had knowledge of something about UFOs that might cause tremendous harm and damage to the world, would it be right for you to tell? What if the world would be better off not knowing? What if the truth is what Charles Fort believed, that we're all property, like ignorant cattle in a pen, awaiting slaughter in some form or another? Some people might not want to know that, particularly if there's nothing we can do about it. And you'd be a real bastard for telling the world what you know, killing all their hopes, beliefs and dreams, and being responsible for the world tearing itself apart in terror and agony.

Something to think about.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
this is too easy,

during the olympics in china, while the men are running the 400m hurdles, all you need is a ufo to crash land on the 50yrd line.

Nope. It was a hologram, CGI, or some such to pump the ratings.
If you have evidence you put it out there.
Some will accept it, some won't.
Nothing you can do would ever convince everyone. There will always be that percentage that will say, "I won't believe until Jesus Christ comes to me and tells me himself."

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

That could very well be true Nohup... as we know, the truth can sometimes be difficult and painful to digest. But it would provide us with something we never had before. The opportunity to change our situation. Remember you can't fight an invisible or unknown enemy and thus remain at a distinct disadvantage.

No longer would we be dumb cattle. Remember, cattle have been known to break fences

IRM

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Nope. It was a hologram, CGI, or some such to pump the ratings.
If you have evidence you put it out there.
Some will accept it, some won't.
Nothing you can do would ever convince everyone. There will always be that percentage that will say, "I won't believe until Jesus Christ comes to me and tells me himself."

No offense intended garyo1954 but that logic is slightly flawed. Holograms don't shower thousands of people in the 'bird nest stadium" with metal shrapnel or embed (as I imagine it would) into many peoples bodies. You really couldn't keep a lid on something of that magnitude.

It's kind of tantamount to saying the twin towers are still there and it's all just a holographic illusion. LOL!

[edit on 25/6/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
But it would provide us with something we never had before. The opportunity to change our situation. Remember you can't fight an invisible or unknown enemy and thus remain at a distinct disadvantage.

No longer would we be dumb cattle. Remember, cattle have been known to break fences

I know we all like to put ourselves in the role of the plucky hero, who fights off the bad guys and saves the day. But what if there was no way to fight it? What if the UFO truth proved that our existence is just an ongoing Hell and there's no way out? Either we're cattle, or we don't exist.

Or what if we're all just fictional artificial intelligence characters in the equivalent of a big video game? We think we're really alive, and maybe even have souls, but it's all just an illusion and that's what we're programmed to think. I'm not sure people would be very happy to hear that.

Not possible? Think about why it's been so difficult to find reasons for true UFO sightings. Think about why there are so many sightings but no conclusive proof of anything. That's a huge clue, suggesting that the explanation for UFOs is not as simple as alien critters from space, but might have implications that directly affect the very way we define our existence.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

So essentially your saying that were all playing the role of Kurt Russell in Vanilla Sky? LOL!

Who knows ehh! As I always say, you could very well be right. Who am I to disprove an unprovable hypothesis?

IRM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join