It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is a conspiracy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Revelations 20:4

" And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them , and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast , either his image , neither had received the mark upon their forehead, or in their in their hands and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

Yes, these are those who will die in the name of Christ during the tribulation.

If Gods people are already gone, who would be here to turn down the mark?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

who would be here to turn down the mark, well those that havent known god, those that nay say,this would be there chance to see that god is real,and to turn and repent,everyone has there chance,its just a matter of what each individual does with it.just like the 144,000,i think they will be preaching the gospel all though it will be hell on earth. i dont claim to be a scholar but i have some interesting views on revelation. take care

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Revelations 20:4

" And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them , and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast , either his image , neither had received the mark upon their forehead, or in their in their hands and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

Yes, these are those who will die in the name of Christ during the tribulation.

If Gods people are already gone, who would be here to turn down the mark?

and i think you have the verse backwards, it should be 4;20, not 20;4....try and look again, see if you see what i see........

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nope , thats 20: 4

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well in any case, this is how I read it to be.

If anything, and the rapture does not happen when people think, at least they can know their faith is not in vain

Ama

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

the part im talking about is 4;20.......not 20;4....thats what i was getting at...i do realize what youre pointing out.......but what im saying is uch earlier in revelation that 20;4

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There is no chapter 4 verse 20? It goes to verse 11.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

There is no chapter 4 verse 20? It goes to verse 11.

ok then....dang it....ill try again tommorow and try to redeem myself.......hmmmmmm......im tired, so tomorrow my new friend. good night all.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Never believed in it and never will....It's for the looney christians out there to believe in me thinks.

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I stopped going to church when all the churches preached rapture.

"All the churches" do not preach the Rapture, amatrine. That's the sort of thing atheists say, tossing around these sweeping generalizations, when they have no idea of what they're talking about.

Just a small fraction of Christian churches believe in and focus on the Rapture, just as a small fraction of churches believe in snake-handling and drinking poison and speaking in tongues and all that fanatical weirdness.

I don't know which church or churches you attended, but if they were all preaching the Rapture, then I'm guessing that you gravitate to the fringe churches.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well non denominational churches, Luthern Churches,bible churches, Baptist churches .... I have tried many churches and even went on Craigs list looking for one , and go no response except from a bunch of people trying to tell me why there is a rapture.

Do not know about Catholic, but I am not Catholic. It seems to be the mainstream teaching today.

Anyway, Jesus did not sit in church on Sunday that we know of. He was the Church , and he went out to teach. Not saying it is bad to goto church.

Just that it is no longer for me. There was one in Phoenix some years ago, and they had to close. They could not keep enough members , because it is contrary to what most churches preach.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Just a small fraction of Christian churches believe in and focus on the Rapture

You are correct here. This teaching is fading and being replaced in many church's "Statement of Faith". This is primarily a Protestant teaching. Catholicism, as far as I've read, does not teach any Rapture and seem to be "amillennial".

As far as the millennium goes, we tend to agree with Augustine and, derivatively, with the amillennialists. The Catholic position has thus historically been "amillennial" (as has been the majority Christian position in general, including that of the Protestant Reformers), though Catholics do not typically use this term. The Church has rejected the premillennial position, sometimes called "millenarianism" (see the Catechism of the Catholic Church 676). In the 1940s the Holy Office judged that premillennialism "cannot safely be taught," though the Church has not dogmatically defined this issue.

With respect to the rapture, Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though they do not generally use the word "rapture" to refer to this event (somewhat ironically, since the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17—"we will be caught up," [Latin: rapiemur]).

From here

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join