It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Pitches $300M Prize for Next-Gen Battery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

McCain Pitches $300M Prize for Next-Gen Battery

www.extremetech.com

FRESNO, California (Reuters ) - Republican John McCain said on Monday if elected president he would challenge American experts to develop a futuristic battery to power cars and win a $300 million prize.

With Americans reeling from record-high $4-a-gallon gasoline during the prime summer driving season, both McCain and his Democratic opponent in the November election, Barack Obama, are pressing their proposals for tackling energy problems that are dragging down the U.S. economy.

"For every automaker who can sell a zero-emissions car, we will commit a $5,000 dollar tax credit for each and every customer who buys that car. For other vehicles, whatever type they may be, the lower the carbon emissions, the higher the tax credit," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow... McCain. Where on Earth do you get that much money? Our tax dollars?

Personally, I think that we will forget this race when he becomes president.

www.extremetech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Offers like this could change the world.

I don't know anymore. I'm not voting AT ALL.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
roflmao

That means he knows someone with the winning patent

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hey... Right on, the one and only thing I can agree with him on... Although provided some of his past works - I wouldn't be surprised if he owns buku stock in the winning battery company!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
3 letters..
EVO

Educate before you get smart.. most likely this has been done.... BUT.. like all things.. water car...... it dies or commits suicide or something...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh, thank you Lord McCain! Take away our civil liberties, keep our soldiers at war, continue the devaluing of the Dollar, and sell out our sovereignty to corporate banking interests, but by all means, give $300 million of our tax dollars, as a reward, to a car company who shows some compassion for the amount of pollution their product saturates our only home with.

Great solution!

I yearn for the opportunity to wander about my local corporate sponsored concentration camp complete with dead, polluted trees, worthless dollar bills decorating where the leaves used to be, looking forward to promptly slapping in the face anyone who believed this crock of # and voted for this bastard.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Offers like this could change the world.

I don't know anymore. I'm not voting AT ALL.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

It has the same destiny like "going to the moon again" and "hydrogen cars" promises GW made before he was elected 2nd term, not gonna happen...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I added a new link to my old post.. I will add it here...

Google Video Link

This talks about how they came up with an electric car with batteries and such and killed it..

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
And to think the last election was bad :S.

This year's election is going to be worse.

McCain is just going nuts in my opinion, his cluelessness (not a word) is catching up to his old age. I mean come on... $300 million as a prize? Maybe it would be worth it if he donated that much money to some reputable research center.

new topics

top topics

join