It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing Educators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My youngest son David is extremely smart and creative. But then he was brought up by a mother who was open-minded and non judgemental. He has an amazing capacity to find things on the Internet that will help people become more aware of the world around them. In the last couple days he found some really intriguing information that I think would benefit anyone.

The video that I have put here talks about creativity, but also and even more important about how we educate our children. We are programming brains to be logical all the time and we are eliminating the creative potential that human beings have.

I think you will find this video both a learning experience and educational in the fact that you will learn how the system seems to be working in this world. We do brainwash our children from day one to learn the way we teach and we teach them we are right. But are we, really??

Ok, after attempting to put the video in here about 15 times it wouldn't take so what I am going to do is put the link to the youtube page in here. I have never had a problem with putting the video's in before so I just do not know. It seems to be the only way to do it right now... I don't know if my computer is acting up or what.

www.youtube.com...

If you would like to follow David and his discoveries you can find him at:

www.theartofoneness.blogspot.com

[edit on 05/27/2007 by Zaimless]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok, one more shot at this video thing again... if it works this is the video you want to watch...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Creative capacity and hope in our children.

Thank you for taking the time in chat finding out how to post youtube videos.

Thas enlightend me and raised my spirits
Thank you.

Daniel

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
While I believe schools should try to help children be more creative and pursue their interests which could possibly lead to a career in the field of things they're interested in I think that similar programs should be available for adults. I think everyone has the capacity for creativity. I just think people don't feel they can be creative because of all of this stuff going on with their work and their social life. It makes it harder for them to think of new ideas because they feel like everything they think of has been thought of so they feel like they can't think of anything new. It's more of a cultural thing. There are too many people that think creativity is something childish.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The "No Child Left Behind" act is destroying creativity. As school system are evaluated by the results of the standardized tests, they increasingly teach the test at the expense of learning. I am a science teacher in Texas. Everything is now based on the TAKS test. Passing the TAKS test is now the only thing that matters.

This is just another legacy of Ted Kennedy and George Bush.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thank you for that video Zaimless. I enjoyed it

It reminds me of an article I read at this site. I think you'll enjoy it (the article and the site).

montalk.net...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

several years ago the school called my wife and i in to talk about my son's progress in school. We live in a small town. The VP said my son seemed to be display signs of adhd. I said no he dos'nt have adhd. I asked what causes it. She said kids playing to much video games and watching to much TV. I asked how many students have adhd in our school.
She said 26 (26 out of 165) I said wow! How many are being medicated?
4 she replied. He was tested and he did'nt have adhd. This experience is very wide spread I think.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is an excellent 20-minute talk. The speaker, Ken Robinson, really knows how to keep an audience interested -- he's very funny, and constantly mixes incisive points with amusing personal stories.

Really, watch this video -- it's worth it for his jokes alone. I jotted down some quotes:

"Creativity is as important as literacy and we should treat it with the same status."

"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything creative."

"We don't grow into creativity, we grow out of it. Rather, we become educated out of it."

"If you think about it, the whole system of public education around the world is a protracted process of University entrance."

"Suddenly, degrees aren't worth anything. The whole structure of education is shifting beneath our feet."

"Creativity, which I define as the process of having original ideas that have value, more often than not comes about from the interaction of different disciplinary ways of seeing things."

"Our education system has mined our mind in the way we have strip mined the earth, for a particular commodity. And for the future it won't serve us. We have to rethink the fundamental principles on which we are educating our children."

His point about how the world is changing is a very interesting one. I think it could be developed a lot more, though. The analogy of strip mining (which he builds up from the origins of the 20th century education system as a tool for creating industrially-useful workers) is very valid.

Rote assembly-line worker are becoming less and less valuable, ever since the late 20th century advent of automated production and highly-refined industrial techniques. The true value of an educational system is creating the gems of creative minds, those that are capable of shifting entire paradigms, rather than simply fitting within existing frameworks.

The current educational systems, worldwide, does not encourage this. They encourage conformity and compartmentalization of talents and skills. Creativity, as Robinson says, is an emergent result of mixing the previously unmixable, finding relationships where none were apparent before. We need an education system that encourages this positively, not as a result of alienation and desperation.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ken Robinson's presentation on creativity was part of TED a conference group that focuses on technology, education and design.

Our mission: Spreading ideas.
We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other.

This site is absolutely fascinating. It features talks and prensentations from innovative thinkers and creatives. It's a site I've bookmarked and plan to visit often.

Great find OP!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
creativity is extremely important! And there is a reason why it is subtly squashed in us public schools..
Teachers are really ''change agents''

see this video called ''mind manglers''
this is just one part in a 5 part series on some stuff that most people are ''scared'' of.
But we have to make it unscary. shining light on the subject always helps.

subjects like mind evolution, physics ( of the meta, quantum, and usual variety), politics, history, math, geometry, ancient studies and anthropology, monetary theory, paranormal research, studies in liberty, and the uncovering of the truth in all aspects of life are things that everyone needs to know something about.

we have a centralized education system. That will not change unless the people, as a whole move towards dissecting the lessons in the curriculum, and to the moderate-extreme, place their kids in alternative schooling.

The killer is, is that so many parents I have seen are still in this outdated system of thinking. Their thought patterns have them believing that going to school and getting a GOOD JOB and RETIRING at someones company is the way to go. They want their kids to go to school because perhaps they werent able to go.
There are many reasons that parents use to harangue their kids into receiving covert mind control in the class room.

The revolution is going to be one of the mind.

Thanks for sharing this..

top topics

join