It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 20, 2008

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I just have high hopes that the mods can get Steve Quayle to make another statement or to come on this thread. A lot of us read his site and consider him to be like a watchdog. I hope to goodness he isn't now a hoaxer!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I actually hope it was a hoax. To know that we came "within minutes" of nuclear war with Russia is not a very pleasant thought.

I'd feel better if I found out we never came close to war at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I actually hope it was a hoax.

You do not have to hope, it is a hoax. It is almost a week later and there has been not independent evidence or witness accounts except one guy and a guest on his show that invented the hoax in the first place. Nothing except an ALL CAPS WEBPAGE and the radio program it is based on even mentions this story as plausible.

The burden of proof is on those who believe this to be factual and they have not even attempted to show any proof. Not even a second witness. Not only is this a complete and utter hoax, but a poorly done one at that.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
It is almost a week later ...

he posted the story on June 24. Today is June 26.

The burden of proof is on those who believe this to be factual and they have not even attempted to show any proof. Not even a second witness.

Who are you talking about? Who are 'those who believe this to be factual'?
As far as I can see .. people here are open to it possibly being true, but also that it could be a hoax. Many of us have come to see Steve Quayle as sort of a watch-dog. We will all be disappointed if he turns out to be a hoaxer.

Also - as far as 'not even attempting to show any proof' - just to let you know - we are trying to get Steve Quayle here to answer questions and to perhaps make additional statements that we can further debunk/verify. Those initial requests just went out a few hours ago. That'll take time to get through channels, etc etc.

I just hope he gets the invitation and says 'yes'.

[edit on 6/26/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It is almost a week later ...

he posted the story on June 24. Today is June 26.

The event happen on June 20. It appears no one else has reported anything in 6 days. Therefore the reference to 'almost a week'.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Yeah, sounds like a bunch of crappyola to me also. No sources just the ham radio that is not verifyable!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Also - as far as 'not even attempting to show any proof' - just to let you know - we are trying to get Steve Quayle here to answer questions and to perhaps make additional statements that we can further debunk/verify. Those initial requests just went out a few hours ago. That'll take time to get through channels, etc etc.

That would be good, but even then it would still be the same single person. Even if we believe him to have told the truth we would need another source of information to allow for any credibility to the event. He is the original source, so engaging him another context is no different than the original source.

No matter how sincere we think SQ may be in this matter, a single source is never trustworthy. If we are willing to entertain hypersonic aircraft shooting laser beams, it can't be any more of a stretch to think that perhaps sometime Thursday SQ was hypothesized to see something that was not there. Or perhaps he just went crazy on Friday morning. Neither is any more implausible than the story itself. Another independent witness would be vital to determining if there is even a real event here.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
UPDATE - no word from Steve Quayle. Either he didn't read the messages because of the large volume he receives ... or he ignored the request.

I have done a search of the internet Ham Radio chat forums. I can not find where anyone can confirm what was said by Steve Quayle. There MAY be some discussion of it going on with them, but I can't find it.

So this subject is in limbo I guess ... not verified and not debunked?

*sigh* I hope this gets resolved soon.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
sound off (lol) : still up in the air about it. i sent the link to my sis and when she came to pick up her son yesterday from my house, she said what he described was exactly what she saw. she is not on the fence about it given that what he described is what she saw.

most definately, now i am convinced SOMETHING happened. my sister is a logical and honest hard working person. and that doesn't even need to be called into question in my mind, because she described this on friday night before this was put out.

but whether it was what he claimed it to be is where the doubt comes into play as far as my mind is concerned. something happened up there in the sky, w/out a doubt imo, just wonedering what exactly.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Did you sister make a report or do you have more details. Things like the time, location, direction of view, degrees above horizon, etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamommabut sheesh, we are in texas. i am wondering if it really could have been seen all the way here.

I just cant see that being possible. That you can see an event like that originating in Montana (top of the CONUS) and see it all the way at the bottom of the CONUS. I do not doubt your sisters sincerity or trustworthiness, but perhaps she saw something else.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

everything that she saw, time, directions, etc. is how it was stated in the report. she has not reported it. what does that do but waste her time? she works from 7am until 6pm, comes home to take care of a family (which right now includes her 3 immediate plus 3 from extended family). we discussed her reporting it, as i felt she should, but i can understand that she is busy and in the end, she is only one more report that no one is going to believe anyway. SHE knows that she something and for the both of us, that is good enough.

to the next poster: i agree.... seems highly unlikely that it was what it was claimed to be in that report, from my own perspective. however, after talking w/ the owner of the house (as i have previously posted in this thread) who is in the military along w/ her boyfriend (who i would have thought for sure would have known something of such an event), i am now on the fence that it could possibly have happened. she said that it is possible for something to have occured of this magnitude, been seen here in tx, and all w/out the public and even most of the military being made aware of it....... doesn't mean that it DID, but now there is that possibility.

i absolutely 100% trust my sisters word. anyone who knows her falls in love w her kindness and sincerity. that doesn't mean that you will trust my word that she is trustworthy though, so what does it matter what i say?

to me, i believe w/out a doubt that she saw what she saw and it was further confirmed by the fact that this report stating the same thing she said on friday was seen by someone else w/ the same details. to me that is 100% PROOF POSITIVE that something happened in the night sky.

what isn't 100% proof positive in my mind is that it is what the guy claims it to be. but now w the confirmation of ppl in the military that something like this COULD take place w/out a vast knowledge of it, i don't doubt...... nor do i necessarily buy it. lol see, round and round in my head i go about this.

point is, i am more aware of where we could be at and what we could be facing and that to me is all i need. honestly, if we were to be nuked, i would rather not know about it before hand.

so, whether the details of what happened are real or not is not what is important to me. the fact that SOMETHING is up and that there is no doubt of THAT in my mind is what is important to me.

whether you believe or not is also not important to me. i just like having ppl to discuss it w/ bc other than my sister, who saw it, and you good folks here, everyone else seems to be more partial to discussions based on the latest fads and celebrity.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
helllllooooooo!!! *jumps up and down and waves* i had to leave to the store just to get away from the fact that no one is taking note and came back thinking SURELY someone will have noticed i am posting that there is a similar claim of what was being described here in tx!! hellllooooooo

ok, ok we hear yeah.... jesus man, calm down.... we're just trying to get verification from ham operators, news sources, astronomy people. we see you out there!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Best case scenario, your sister is in the tippity top west corner of Texas, the sighting would (line of sight) have this radius:

How is that possible and there not be 1000 reports of this sighting?

Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Canada, Yeeeeeeeha!

It just does not pass muster.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

lol kind of late on that reply.
but yeah, i'm calm now. kind of threw me for a loop when this was posted after what was told to me friday. took my "chill pill".

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

yeah, we don't fall in that circumference. we are somewhere on the outskirts of austin.. quite a bit off from the map. and thus the doubt and wondering circle continues in my head. (not the doubt of what my sis saw, but the doubt of it being what the man claims it to be. will admit, doesn't SEEM a plausible scenario to me)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
yeah, we don't fall in that circumference. we are somewhere on the outskirts of austin..

Yeah that would probably put it to where someone on a boat in the Great Lakes could have seen it. As well as 4 or 5 more states. Hard to think it was the same thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

ok sorry about that i was on the 3rd page when i wrote that, i should have went all the way thru the thread...hey i believe your sister saw something, but WHAT is the question, tell her she is not crazy

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
OK i read this thread a few days earlier and was very very skeptical of this whole situation. Incidentally, June 20th is my birthday. My friends were over, we had a few drinks, i went to bed around midnight. I am in Minnesota so figure central time, wherever. I have no idea if this even fits in with the timeline, but what my friend just told me compels me to make this post. This person is one of my closest friends, and is not familiar with this site or this story. He says he saw what he thought to be a satellite on an eastern trajectory. He says it got brighter and brighter. It didnt light up the sky, but it was bigger than the north star and it was pretty damn bright. Then it was suddenly gone, he says he studied the sky and where it came from for several minutes after the fact and nothing else happened. Take it for what you will, just another report of something seen in the skies, but it definitely fits this timeline.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So I just realized I said I have no idea if it fits the timeline then I said it fits the timeline. I'm not retarted I swear. Anyway, if anyone wants to talk about it message me or whatever.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join