It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At the Brink of Nuclear War-U.S. vs. Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

At the Brink of Nuclear War-U.S. vs. Russia

www.stevequayle.com

June 24, 2008
Hawk

THE UNITED STATES AND RUSSIA WERE NEARLY AT THE BRINK OF NUCLEAR WAR ON FRIDAY JUNE 20 2008 AND THE WORLD'S POPULATIONS WERE UNAWARE OF IT, SAVE FOR THE LISTENERS OF THE Q-FILES RADIO PROGRAM AND THOSE IN THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE RESPECTIVE MILITARIES, INTEL AGENCIES, AND GOVERNMENTS INVOLVED.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Disturbing. What is wrong with all you kids?!

PEACE LOVE AND ETERNAL GROOVIENESS

www.stevequayle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterTerrestrial

This is a HOAX.I been following this story.There were simple russian bombers on training routine.

Russian strategic bombers patrol Arctic, Atlantic Oceans

Four Russian strategic bombers are conducting an aerial patrol of the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, the Itar-Tass news agency reported on Friday.
June 20, 2008
Two Tu-95 MS and two Tu-22 M3 took off from the Engels airbase in the Saratov region, said Air Force spokesperson Vladimir Drik.

"Teamwork of crews and different elements of flight training are being drilled during the flights, including the most complex one - midair refueling from Il-78 tanker planes," he was quoted assaying.

Two tanker planes are taking part in the air patrol. Refueling in the air allows long-range planes to fly at least 24 hours.

All flights are being carried out in accordance with international norms, without violating the borders of other countries, Drik said.

Russia resumed strategic bomber patrols over remote areas last year, 15 years after the long-range maneuvers were suspended with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Russian strategic bombers have flown over the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, the Black Sea and the Pacific Ocean.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Russian Troops To Train In The Arctic - General

MOSCOW (AFP)--Russia's military is to launch training exercises in the Arctic as it prepares for a possible showdown over its sovereignty claims in the resource-rich region, a general said Tuesday.

"After the reaction of a certain number of heads of state to Russia's territorial claims to the continental plateau of the Arctic, the training division has immediately set out (training) plans for troops that could be engaged in Arctic combat missions," General Vladimir Chamanov said.

"Wars these days are won and lost well before they are launched," Chamanov added in an interview with the Russian military daily Krasnaya Zvezda.

The general said the U.S. had already held military exercises in Alaska involving some 5,000 men, 120 planes and several warships.

Russian training operations will feature units based in the northwestern region around Saint Petersburg as well as troops from Siberia and the country's eastern extremities.

Five countries that border the Arctic Ocean - Canada, Denmark, Norway, Russia and the U.S. - dispute the sovereignty of the region's waters which geologists say host a wealth of natural resources including up to a quarter of the planet's untapped oil reserves.

Two Russian submarines led a spectacular mission in August 2007 in which the national flag was planted at a depth of 4,000 meters under the North Pole to illustrate Russia's sovereignty claims.

Billed as the first to reach the ocean floor under the North Pole, the expedition sought to establish that a section of seabed passing through the pole is in fact an extension of Russia's landmass.

Since the expedition, numerous countries including Canada, Denmark and the U.S. have sharpened their claims over Arctic territory believed to be rich in natural resources.

Russia lodged a demand at the U.N. in 2001 asking for its maritime territory in the Arctic to be increased beyond the 200,000 nautical miles it is at present.

At the beginning of June, two Russian strategic Tupolev bombers conducted a patrol above the Arctic Ocean.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Steve Quayle is a NUT. I have never heard a man more pessimistic than he is. The guy must get his jollies off of trying to make everyone around him live in constant fear of their own shadow.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
thanks for the replies...i just got this link from a freind and thought I would see what the ats bunch thought of it.

Why would you hoax something like this...it makes no sence.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
wow this is like ten miles away from me...

Prescot is even closer, two miles...

Wow... I'll look into this in the morning.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
One simple way to find out if this was true (even though I am pretty damn sure it isn't) is to ask Military members in the USA whether the DEFCON rating was changed at all.

If they were really at the brink, then I would expect them to have raised the DEFCON level to at least 2.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Steve Quayle is a NUT. I have never heard a man more pessimistic than he is. The guy must get his jollies off of trying to make everyone around him live in constant fear of their own shadow.

Did you read the article? For beginners, it was not written by Steve Quayle, but by "Hawk". Hawk is the fictitious name for a veteran with current connections to the military. It is said that his real identity is kept secret because of past assassination attempts.

And whether you believe Steve Quayle is a nut, he is not the only person who has said that Russians are off the coast of America just waiting to nuke us. For a view from a person with "ExTraordinary" connections, try the Project Camelot interview with George Green. There are others. Do an internet search on things like "Iran allies Russia China U.S. nuclear attack".

And if that is not enough, try the dozens of "The US will get nuked" dreams and prophecies dating from George Washington's own lucid dream, thru current ones like Stan Deyo's vision of a Russian/Chinese attack.

I don't think (or know) if you realize the extent to which most other nations (as in those we have messed up by direct or indirect war or political intervention) hate our collective guts. And most foreigners see us for what we don't, a bunch of lazy sheep who have turned over control of their lives to their government, media and corporate powers.

The only worry they are probably thinking about if we got nuked is whether they would become involved with the fallout (literally or figuratively).

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Whatever else one may think, Woodpecker was back up and running and is running ... at least earlier today... I'd have to go check again and see what's up now.

Woodpecker's reactivation bodes ill.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Russia is not setting up to nuke us.This attack on nuclear sites in Iran would not spark a exchange.But if we attack Iran as a country,that would still be a far away thought.Both countries been doing training exercises since the start of the cold war.Don't mean much more then that.A few years ago they launched a even bigger exercise.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seircram

Heads up. Th time is nearing.

U.S. Has No Knowledge of an Attack on Iran (Update1)

By Camilla Hall

June 24 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. has no knowledge of an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, Lieutenant Stephanie Murdock, a Fifth Fleet spokeswoman, said.

``To our knowledge there has been no bombing activity in Iran or on its nuclear sites,'' Murdock said in a telephone interview from the Persian Gulf.

``It's not something we have any knowledge of at this time,'' she added.

A spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces, speaking on condition of anonymity, said by telephone that the army wasn't aware of any incident involving Iran.

There was speculation in financial markets earlier today that Iran's nuclear facilities had been attacked.

I would not discount Steves rattling at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And yet IRAN denies that anything happened. So either it's the truth that nothing happened, and this is being used to push oil prices even higher, or everyone knows it really happened and is hiding it. Personally I'm a lot more likely to believe the first than the second. I think that if Iran's nuclear facilities had been hit they'd be screaming about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Cant find any defcon status...i don't think its available to the public.But by the dept of defense we are at a elevated current state and the doomsday clock is 5 mins to midnight.It was a rumor..PARIS (Thomson Financial) - Share prices were lower at lunchtime after hesitant early trading gave way to a sharp fall in response to a fresh spike in oil prices and a rumour -- later denied by Iran -- of an attack on Iranian nuclear installations."This is just a rumor. No attack against Iran's nuclear facilities has taken place," a senior Iranian nuclear official said

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We have come close a few time to nuclear war with Russia with no one ever knowing. Not to say this is for real but if nuclear war does happen you wont have time to know.....youll be dead. Kinda scary huh...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Whatever else one may think, Woodpecker was back up and running and is running ... at least earlier today... I'd have to go check again and see what's up now.

Woodpecker's reactivation bodes ill.

At the risk of exposing the fact that I am hopelessly out of the conspiracy loop, could you explain what "Woodpecker," is?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There will be wars and rumors of wars.....

If they want to hide this information from the public, i think they could succeed-
Iran says its not true? I sure hope so.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Its part of the Russian early warning radar system.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterTerrestrial

"THE UNITED STATES AND RUSSIA WERE NEARLY AT THE BRINK OF NUCLEAR WAR ON (Enter any date during the cold war here) AND THE WORLD'S POPULATIONS WERE UNAWARE OF IT."

It's happened in the past and you can rest assured it will happen again in the future. Will the worlds populations ever hear of it? NO!

At least not for another thirty years or so.

I hope it never happens, but if it does, the first sign for some will be the blinding flash of a bomb going off. Thirty minutes for land based missiles, and even less for Sub launched missiles just isn't enough time to let everyone know what's going on.

That's why it's important to vote for those who we think will be the best leader and not just go along with who everyone else likes and has a better chance of winning an election.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
FYI same topic as June 20, 2008.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join