It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utilities Cut Off More Customers Who Are Behind On Their Bills: USA Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Utilities Cut Off More Customers Who Are Behind On Their Bills: USA Today

www.usatoday.com

As skyrocketing food and gasoline prices strain budgets, utilities are disconnecting many more customers who fall behind on their bills, and even moderate-income households are getting zapped.
Electricity and natural gas shutoffs are up at least 15% in several states compared with last year. Totals for some utilities have more than doubled.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A week ago, I posted this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And almost like clockwork, with the near-30% jack-up in prices, on top of everything else people had stacked against them, now the companies are TURNING OFF these peoples power. This whole cycle is becoming so predictable any more. These energy giants are absolutely bleeding america dry on every concievable angle.

How long until we start hearing reports of people DYING due to heat exhaustion and no way to cool off? I'm guessing not too long...Just one more industry victimizing the little persons...

"We're seeing a record number of shutoffs," says Mark Wolfe, head of the National Energy Assistance Directors' Association, which represents programs that subsidize energy bills.

An NEADA survey this month shows 8% of four-member households earning $33,500 to $55,500 have had their power turned off for non-payment. "It's hitting people in the suburbs with two cars and two kids," Wolfe says.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Bleed, bleed, bleed, that is what they understand.

Could it be time to bleed them?

Thanks for the post.

Hey, I am as curious as the next guy, about what good can come out of this money grab. Possibly pad a few nests?

Hey, "We can blame it on global warming.", that is as easy to see through as onion skin. It is a sad day when service charges exceed energy consumption. I say go ahead, turn off the power. Then see how long you have power.

join