It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tara - Extraterrestrial Goddess

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Tara is an ancient goddess who features prominently in Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism.

Whats surprising is, that if you do a little bit of research, you find out she is also featured in ancient Scandinavia, ancient Polynesia, ancient Rome, with the ancient Druids, and in ancient native America!

When comparing mythologies from around the globe you soon figure out that they all tell similar stories featuring similar characters with similar activities.

Tara in Buddhism

Tara in Hinduism

Tara in various other mythologies

Polynesian Mythology: Tara is a beautiful sea goddess

Latin: Terra, Mother Earth

Druids: called their mother goddess Tara.

Finland: An ancient legend speaks of Tar, the Women of Wisdom.

South America: indigenous tribe in the jungle call to their goddess, Tarahumara.

Native American: Cheyenne people tell of a Star Woman who fell from the heavens to the Earth. She sent her people to mate with the more primitive inhabitants of Earth, thereby giving them the capacity for wisdom.

(emphasis added)

Of course this is not the only tale of a God or Godess "coming from the sky to earth and sharing wisdom". Its only one of the lesser-known examples of ancient extraterrestrial visitation. Countless books and Internet-sites offer examples of this having happened. I posted another example here: The Rainbow Serpents

The amount of examples for obvious ancient ET-visitation is overwhelming and yet our society still refers to Gods as "fantasy-myth" who we should dismiss or "religious deities" who should worship.

Rather than worship or dismissal, how about figuring out just who these Gods from the Sky were?

Comments, objections, further research welcome.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Supporting Data connecting ancient Ireland to ancient Tibet

1. The Druids called their mother goddess Tara; Edain Echraidhe is her Irish name.

2. Her home is the high valley between the Hill of Tara and Skryne in the Royal City of Celtic Ireland.

3. A motorway is being planned to go through the middle of this valley, generating some local opposition.

4. The Hill of Tara, (known as Teamhair na Rí, or the "Hill of the Kings" in Irish), was once the ancient seat of power in Ireland, reputed to have been the seat of the Árd Rí Éireann or High King of Ireland.

5. In ancient Irish religion and mythology, Tara was the sacred place of dwelling for the gods, and was the entrance to the otherworld.

6. The Hill of Tara was the capital of the Tuatha Dé Danann, pre-Celtic dwellers of Ireland.

7. It was the seat of the kings of Ireland until the 6th century, and to a lesser extent this role extended until the 12th century. A grave was found near the hill that is supposedly that of King Lóegaire, who was said to be the last pagan king of Ireland.

8. Atop the hill stands a stone pillar that was the Irish Lia Fáil (Stone of Destiny) on which the High Kings of Ireland were crowned, the stone was required to roar three times if the chosen one was a true king.

9. At one time, it was a capital offense to make a fire within sight of Tara.

10. Saint Patrick is said to have come to Tara to confront the ancient religion of the pagans at its most powerful site.

11. One interpretation of the name Tara says that it means a "place of great prospect", it’s claimed that on a clear day half the counties of Ireland can be seen from atop Tara.

12. Early in the 20th century a group of Israelites came to Tara with the conviction that the Arc of the Covenant was buried there.

13. A new theory suggests Tara was the ancient capital of the lost kingdom of Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
From the ancient Book of Enoch:

"And there appear to me two men very tall,
such as I have never seen on earth.
And their faces shone like the Sun, and their
eyes were like burning lamps; and fire came forth from their lips. " 2En. 1:4-5

The Hill of Tara in Ireland:

Hindu cave-depictions of the human looking ET Tara:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Check out this vid from the alleged Apollo 20 mission. The EBE they recovered resembles Tara:

MONA LISA EBE APOLLO 20

I find it quite interesting, since the history of Tara seems to be a widespread phenomena. But once again, who knows if the vid is a hoax or not....I haven't heard a definitive answer on either.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by thechi]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting. If its not a hoax then its an extraterrestrial female with huge eyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow she looks just like an Alien! And shes hot too I wonder if she has a BF any ideas??!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It's very simple! If you look into the most ancient mythological tales you'll see a story coming up our across the board. It's a story that is as modern as it is ancient.

About 125 thousand years ago, there were "alien beings" put in place to help human society grow. However due to unfolding events, many of those beings instead addopted the notion that they'd try to evolve mankind according to their own theories rather then the accepted rules. It was these beings that became the "fallen angels".

This story is understood and explianed by every known culture phenomenon and mythology of humanity filtered through the perspective of personalized bias perceptions.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow- I'm madly in love with this thread, lol. So much interesting information! Thanks to all who contributed. it's fantastic

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting idea that the ancient Hindu Gods were in fact ancient astronauts. If you read the Vedic scriptures in literal terms I guess you could come to that conclusion.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

I strongly sudgest you check out the "Urantia Papers" for yourself and see what you think. They are suposed to be papers dealing with the history of our planet and things involved with it like the planetary rebelion of the "ancient aliens" whom made them selves out to be "gods".

www.urantia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

She is the most popular figure in the Tibetan pantheon of deities, the beautiful goddess Tara, (pronounced tah' rah) whose name in means 'Star' - originated in Indian Hinduism as the Mother Creator, and her many representations spread from Ireland to Indonesia under many different names.

I like the pronunciation of her name, Tah' rah, like sta rah' for star.

Like a star that perpetually consumes its own energy, Tara represents the never-ending desires that fuel all life.

Interesting thought, isn't it, that never ending desires fuel all of life. What would we be without desires?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Interesting thought, isn't it, that never ending desires fuel all of life. What would we be without desires?

A nice thought for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A statue of Tara:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

they speak of a woman that comes down from space to mate and give give knowledge to the less fortunate earthlings.. ?????? So what kind of knowledge was gained?? how to hollow out a trea for a canoe??? make moccasins out of dear hides??

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I dont know. Knowledge lost apparently, as the same thing has happened all over the place. Take African Mythologies for example:

MASAI: The Gods sent some of their children to earth. The Gods came from above the clouds and brought plants and animals with them.

JA-LUO: Apodho came down to earth accompanied by his wife, bringing with him all cultural assets.

MADI-MORU: The first people lived in the Heavens. Until that connection was cut, there was a lot of traffic from the Heavens to Earth.

GANDA: The primal women came from the Heavens.

NYORO: When God established the Earth, he sent the first human couple down from the Heavens.

KIVU-PYGMIES: Our ancestors fell from the Heavens.

KULUWE: The first humans came from the Heavens, arriving with seed, rake, axe, tools etc.

BENA-LULUA: God sent four of his sons to earth.

ASHANTI: Seven people created by God climbed down to earth. After conceiving other people, they returned to the Heavens.

ZIBA: God Rugaba travels upwards to the heavens and then through the darkness.

NANDI: God Tororut lives in the heavens. He looks like a human but has wings that can cause lightning. (One of their Gods is called Chepkelienskol, which when translated literally, means “The thing with the 9 ray-beam.legs”

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
It's very simple! If you look into the most ancient mythological tales you'll see a story coming up our across the board. It's a story that is as modern as it is ancient.

About 125 thousand years ago, there were "alien beings" put in place to help human society grow. However due to unfolding events, many of those beings instead addopted the notion that they'd try to evolve mankind according to their own theories rather then the accepted rules. It was these beings that became the "fallen angels".

I agree with the basic statement, except...where do you get the 125 000 years figure from?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is a book out there by someone who states a case for the gods and goddesses as being real people. I don't think he says they were aliens, but super powered beings who lived on Earth. Does anyone know the title and/or author?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Umm... the guy in the video didn't even have on plastic gloves. I'm highly suspect of that video, but if it was a sculpture it was pretty darn good.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There was no Apollo 20 mission to the moon. It was scrapped so they could use the Saturn V rocket for the Skylab mission. The video is a hoax.

Back to the topic, many of the early Christians also worshipped Isis/Ishtar who was a Mother Goddess. She was incorporated to the Virgin Mary (and the Wisdom Goddess Sophia was incorporated to Magdalene Mary). It is interesting the Goddess aspect of ancient religions was taken out by the early Christian church.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
There is a book out there by someone who states a case for the gods and goddesses as being real people. I don't think he says they were aliens, but super powered beings who lived on Earth. Does anyone know the title and/or author?

I dont know but I´d be interested to. Ive always thought it possible that we´re either talking about ETs or technologically advanced humans who pose as Gods.

Apollo 20 never existed? Thanks for the pointer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join