It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible scream in the woods

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No im not trying to be comicle at all im just syaing maybe it was but since you told me it was now then i have no other explanation to it man

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Have you ever heard a rabbit scream?It is horrifying.They usually scream when being killed.It will send shills down your spine.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've heard of sasquatch screams being very loud, blood-curdling, inhuman, and sound like something from another planet. I'm saying that this may be it and may not be. But what I don't understand is why you didn't see anything after standing there for ten minutes looking around. You said it sounded close to you guys, but it could of been much farther away then you might of thought. Nice little story though I give you that.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i dont know why we didnt see any thing
but we didnt exactly explore either
some of the woods we were in were open but some of it was dense.
if it was sasquatch it could have stood silent nearby cause there was some dense stuff fairly close by.
ill tell you this scream was close cause when you said something from a short distance you could hear the echo in the deep woods and it was night time
i would estimate this scream was by something that was within 70 yds

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
if it was sasquatch it could have stood silent nearby cause there was some dense stuff fairly close by.
ill tell you this scream was close cause when you said something from a short distance you could hear the echo in the deep woods and it was night time

Interesting. Indeed it could of been a sasquatch close by if it was pretty dense in the area you were traveling in. I'm sure it wouldn't of made it's presence known. As a matter of fact it probably would of turned around and went the other way because those things obviously don't make much usual contact with humans....especially groups of humans. So if it was a sasquatch close by, it could of let the scream out to scare you or to irritate you and keep you distracted. But I'm not a sasquatch so I couldn't tell you.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe it could've been a wild big cat. Cats usually make weird noises.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
About a half hour before the original post last Saturday, about 11:15CST, I was watching Unexplained Mysteries on I think channel 20 here in Houston.

A story came on about an American Indian police officer in Washington state I think. It was a program on Bigfoot and other unknown creatures.

He told a story of a blood curdling scream that was recorded over the police radio as he was investigating a disturbance off a dirt road on the reservation. The program aired the recording and it sounded like a big cat with its' tail caught under the rocking chair. High pitched long whine lasting about ten seconds or so.

I remember about 20 years ago hearing a black panther make a noise almost the same as this supposed Bigfoot recording.

There are a lot of things it could have been. Who knows. I think there are a lot of things out there that we haven't explained.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies

ok dude, i wish i had the effert in finding my other post,

i was at a lake called scots flat lake in clali,

i was in the boatlot of gate 2, iv been there many times before, i was checking out the boats when,

a tree about 50 feet from me started shacking like HELL!! i was shocked just looking at this, so i freaked and did a wheele when i put my leg down to stop me from falling on my back, i broke my tibya or fibya on my knee??

anyway i dint see ANYTHING but there was somthing there, shacking pulling this tree out of the ground (im talking a 13-16 feet pine tree)

with this post leads me to beleave that theys bigfoot or whatever it is, can become invisible or made something like boobie traps??

but the scream could have been a wild panther or whatever they say, but you never know..

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Have you ever heard a rabbit scream?It is horrifying.They usually scream when being killed.It will send shills down your spine.

Roger that Daz3d-n-Confus3d, its pretty eerie to think a rabbit would sound like that, but the rabbits cry is more like a baby screaming, most times people think its a lost child in the woods.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ive heard a rabbit being a hunter at one time
this was not a rabbit

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Man sounds creepy. My first geuss was infact porbably a bear or something, but it porbably would have kept clear of you and your pals.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was listening to the recordings and well guys dont laugh i had my ears phone hooked up from my speakers to my head phones and they were on full blast and all i heard was ahhh ohhh!! and i went omg!?!?
well from the recordings it sounds creapy never heard andything in my life that and i heard the guy go "ohh my god" scary...

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hey shadow man:
what i heard that night was so scary it made my hair stand up
ive never have ever had that happen in my life before or after

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well i can only go with your information and i think it might of been a bigfoot i believe you. I heard the recordings and it sounds creapy as hell to me thats not something that should be on our dam planet!

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Holy crap, that sound clip freaked the # out of me. I've heard bobcats, rabbits, etc, but that doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard. If anything it sounds closer to a gorilla or chimpanzee's screams than a cat's. Wow...

Freaky stuff. Kind of makes me want to go out searching for something like this in my area, but there haven't been many reported sightings here.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
definately a panther. My mom use to hear "a woman screaming" in the woods at night, and turns out it was a black panther. It decided to show up one night in our back yard.

We called the cops and they sent out the DNR, took pictures of tracks, etc.

They caught one up state from us, but they always said they thought there were 2. Released by someone who either didn't want them, or couldn't feed them anymore.

Sad really.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
well aimlessly if you know where western n.y is you would know there is no panthers in n.y.
bears
bobcats
deer
rabbits
drunks
hemaprhordites
and other assorted creatures
but no panthers

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not only have I heard that on several occations, but I am capable of making that sound. Should it sound like, tires screeching, and it's high-pitched. I know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It was most likely a fox in heat.

The sound a fox makes while in heat is absolutely horrifying. It sounds like a child screaming from being beaten. Really loud and scary.

I hear it every year and I still cannot get used to it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join