It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Liverpool UK - BBC news & several sightings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Has this video been posted yet? Sorry if it has:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

The SUN newspaper and the Daily mail, the 2 sources I read for that incident (Cardiff?) DID NOT mention video footage, especially footage that get's so close to the craft!! seriously, that thing is so close at the end of the clip!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It is close at the end of the video, and it was a lantern, you would think a helicopter would be able to keep up with it. These things don't travel at high speeds like secret balloons do they?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think it's a real event!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I'm no aerodynamics expert, but if it was a chinese lantern, isn't it possible that it was being pushed away from the helicopter by the down-draft being produced from the chopper blades?
If that is possible then it would explain how it appeared to move away from them as they approached it.

Just a theory...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

Originally posted by candyfloss
Naughty but very funny.You forgot about shellsuits and curly perms and'Calm down ,calm down'Knowing Scouser if the aliens landed in Scallyland they'd get their heads kicked in or one of ther heads kicked in.Aliens leave Sinbad alone but take Wayne Rooney

Could you not leave your ignorance about Liverpool out of the this thread, which is about U.F.O.s? Yeah yeah, let me guess, you're 'just joking' aren't you? Excuse me if I seem a bit sensitive when I see people stereotyping Liverpudlians but it's been going on for years and I'm sick of it. Harry Enfield brainwash you did he? We didn't get capital of culture for nothing you know.
Calm down,calm down lad.I'm a Northerner too.Where's your sense of humour or are you posh lad from the Wirral?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Scary as it sounds, we can't rule out the possibility of a vast (or perhaps not-so-vast) conspiracy of hoaxers. Both objects look like they could easily be CGI; the former that looks like a poorly photoshopped lava lamp on the Sun headline. I'm not convinced it's a hoax, but what short of a courtroom oath (if not hard evidence anyway) would be convincing to the most discerning minds?

If hoaxes, the only reasons I can think of why they're doing it is because they're either preparing for an ET false flag or, seemingly more likely, trying to condition fear in the event of the arrival of friendly (enough) nonhumans.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

I definitely saw bright orange lights pass uniformly one after the other (about one minute interval) at 1.45am this morning 17/08/08... They were both silent and travelled one after the other in exactly the same direction; then disappeared. I was with my bass player and we are both completey amazed by this experience! The length of time/ distance travelled/uuniformity/ intensity of light could not have been a lantern or flare.

Liverpool Mossley Hill area.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

no way i saw them to but it was in the daylight about 2.30 they were very shiny circula objects

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
RIGHT NOW!

19:20 GMT

Four orange lights in the sky over the M62 in the UK.
Wigan / Sthelens area

-- I cannot see them myself but got word from a trusted friend.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have personally removed this post as it was off topic, uncalled for and particularly offensive to anyone who lives in toxteth...sorry.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by andy1972]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
EDIT due to resolution.

Thanks.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by The Teller]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Try and keep it on topic - no arguing...

Anyone else seen these??

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Im from Hull...if it stopped over there, by now sombody would be joyriding it...

Like the lizard said, back on topic....anyone esle with proof yet...theres usually someone with a mobile phone handy..its never very clear but somethings something.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I saw the New Years eve ones. It was scary and beautiful. To watch these bright orange lights flying past our street against the backdrop of a ink black sky was breath taking.

There was probably about three dozen of them. After a few seconds I realised the must be lanterns and that's what all of these look like.

I have seen other stranger ones though. I live next to the river and have seen some very odd lights almost hovering over the water at night. No idea what these were but I've seen them several times over the years and so have a few other people I know.

Does anybody remember the story of the UFO crashing into the Mersey? I heard about this years ago and thought nothing of it. I don't know if it's been mentioned on ATS or if it was proved to be a hoax.

I'll look into that now.

Edit due to good sportsmanship from above poster.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Okay this is going to sound a little way out here...

My friend who just contacted me to tell me to keep a look out for these strange lights - has just told me both his mobile phone and his laptop computer just 'freaked him out'...

Apparantly his phone rang once and then 'died' - and at the same time his computer turned off.

He's rebooted his phone and computer, but cannot understand why this would happen - as his phone is battery powered and was not plugged into the mains...

His computer is also plugged into a surge protector, so it eliminates any kind of electrical problem..

But he's shocked that BOTH of these things happened at the same time.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller

I have seen other stranger ones though. I live next to the river and have seen some very odd lights almost hovering over the water at night. No idea what these were but I've seen them several times over the years and so have a few other people I know.
Does anybody remember the story of the UFO crashing into the Mersey? I heard about this years ago and thought nothing of it. I don't know if it's been mentioned on ATS or if it was proved to be a hoax.

Anyone noticed that theres a hell of a lot of sightings of UFOs above rivers, lakes etc...maybe there taking water samples..
If where there from doesnt have water, it would make sense.
Taking samples maybe to make their own???
Who knows...
And aybe that ine didnt CRASH in the mersey, if it wasnt a hoax, there are poeple who have seen the enter and leave the water.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I know they've had a huge clean up of the Mersey that cost millions and went on for a few years. Before that I doubt any alien would want to have gone into that brown mess.

We have a fighter jet fly over a few times a week. I think it must be training or something. But man it goes fast and makes some huge noise. I wonder if any of this is due to the military presence. Or even the other way around.

You are right about the water thing though. I'm sure I've heard some about Windermere.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Teller

Now that about the lakes i do remember...its bloody lonely up there, nobody to bother anybody taking samples...water, sheep.cows..

Another theory i have is that -
like the Germans in WW2 they use the lights on the the river or use the river directly to guide them.
The Germans used the Humber to guide them directly to Hull and out to the north sea, like a aeriel motorway.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Could they be earth lights? There has been a lot of tectonic plate activity just of late??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join