It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Terror Trial - I was there today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Canada Terror Trial - I was there today.

watch.ctv.ca

The trial of Ottawa terror suspect Momin Khawaja continues for the second day under extremely tight security at the Ottawa courthouse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Acting as a ATS correspondent ( just kidding) I checked out the trial just before they broke for lunch today. I was in the courthouse in Ottawa on unrelated biz and had some time to kill. Amazingly, the courtroom was only 2/3 full and all but only a few were journalists. I only saw Canadian journalists despite the reporter in the news link I provided reporting that it was attended by international reporters. In fact, there were only 4 cameramen outside the courthouse. Hardly a news event.

The security presence was everywhere. Concrete blockade of the access roads to the courthouse and armed security inside and outside.

Once I exited the elevator on the floor where the trial is being held there was a screener and a heavy duty "cattle fence" leading to the courtroom. No cell phones, blackberries or electronic equipment ( all the journalist had notepads). I was not asked to take my shoes or belt off but in the news link I provided it was reported. I guess regular joe's are trusted more than journalists these days

The judge was baffled by all the Muslim names and had to stop the crown attorney and Babar several times for clarification. He referred to the Muslim names as "strange". There were a few snickers in the room. I found that remark to be a little offensive and I'm not muslim.

The defendant was in a glass cage in the courtroom with 2 heavily armed RCMP officers at his side. He sat motionless and expressionless while I was there. The witness, Babar was outwardly nervous. HE described meetings in Pakistan and Afghanistan with Al Queda operatives and transfer of $$$.

That's all I got.

watch.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the firsthand account . Keep up the good work . Wish i could toss you a thumbs up

new topics

join