It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Google change their icon in the address window from the 1st "G" to the 2nd "g"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Is it because the lower case "g" is actually a serpent?

It's a coiled up snake with it's tongue sticking out of it's head. The serpent is watching you and everything you do.

Not until I watched the Michael Tsarion videos on YouTube did I ever notice this. They stick it right in your face. BTW, I highly recommend watching his stuff, it's really informative.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe you should call or email google and tell them you're on to their satanic secret for world domination.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
Maybe you should call or email google and tell them you're on to their satanic secret for world domination.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA thats pretty funny lmao

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yes, they are all part of the (real) secret Masonic conspiracy to control the world by steering our searches and only allowing us to access the parts of the Internet they want us to. You've figured it out! You get a cookie.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble, but its just a stylized G.

It doesn't look like a serpent to me, just a g.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Fair enough, although I can see the snake, but why the change? I think the old icon looks a hell of a lot better?

It looked like a stylized "g" to me before it was pointed out to me in a different way. Isn't that the way all the symbolism used in corporate logos slips past the untrained eye?

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
From Google's Official blog:

Some people have wondered why we changed our favicon -- after all, we hadn't in 8.5 years(!). The reason is that we wanted to develop a set of icons that would scale better to some new platforms like the iPhone and other mobile devices. So the new favicon is one of those, but we've also developed a group of logo-based icons that all hang together as a unified set. Here's the full set:

They also mention that the current design might not be their definitive favicon:

By no means is the one you're seeing our favicon final; it was a first step to a more unified set of icons.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

That means they are shape shifters

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You remind me of me when I was addicted to meth!! lol

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by luxdj

Wow. I am surprised by the responses of this thread. I think people need to take some time and think about the whys of things. There is a reason for everything and usually the reason is not arbitrary but has some type of significance. Symbols are a language and are used everyday by each and everyone one of us in some form or fashion. The symbol of the serpent is a popular theme in many logos. Why not Google as well? As far as the significance I am not sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I am surprised as well.

The responses I'm reading are quite rude, and obnoxious.

DL,

Interesting, I see the serpent. About 13 years ago I read a similar article about the g being written like that, but nothing to do with google. I can't remember what it was...darn

thanks for sharing this.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by CommanderSinclair]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well sometimes something can mean another thing. One thing can mean another, thats the way of symbols. But at the end of the day sometimes a "g" is just a "g" as in GOOGLE.

There is not an evil plot behind every cobweb, or around every corner.

Thats my opinion anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well sometimes something can mean another thing. One thing can mean another, thats the way of symbols. But at the end of the day sometimes a "g" is just a "g" as in GOOGLE.

You are absolutly right. However it is still a very intresting question that the OP presented and deserves more thought then some have given it.

There is not an evil plot behind every cobweb, or around every corner.

Is it your impression that the OP was inferring this. I would be inclined to think you are wrong. Even if the g does symbolise a serpent who said the symbol of the serpent is evil. We use it as our medical symbol, do we not?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I hear what your saying. But in my opinion (and it is only that) its just a "g" nothing more nothing less.

Ive made things, icons and whatnot for websites (nothing popular, just my own site) and im sure someone could say something I have made is a symbol for "insert thing here". But it doesn't mean that it is.

Thats all im saying. If I came across as a little rude or disrespectful that was not my intention.

Nothing wrong with the serpent...yeah probably shouldn't have said evil plot

Edit: Changed should to shouldn't in the lastline there

[edit on 24-6-2008 by uninspired]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well google changed their icon because of the new style that has been sweeping all of technology. It's the kind of thing that it making an iPod look soft, and other technologies have been reverting to this soft look.

The change haz also been noticed in the way that people are starting to dress. Everything is becoming softer, and more effecient.

Although notice the soft tech look is only being implanted into not all technology, but just digital technology, a part of the new digital revolution that is scheduled to take place this coming February.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well google changed their icon because of the new style that has been sweeping all of technology. It's the kind of thing that it making an iPod look soft, and other technologies have been reverting to this soft look.

The change haz also been noticed in the way that people are starting to dress. Everything is becoming softer, and more efficient.

Although notice the soft tech look is only being implanted into not all technology, but just digital technology, a part of the new digital revolution that is scheduled to take place this coming February.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by TechnoFan21]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was not saying that it's not true...

I really was addicted to meth!! It made me extremely paranoid and I saw (real) symbolism everywhere.
I still see it today. It's all around us.

It just tends to take your mind off the things you could be accomplishing when you think everyone is out to get you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I watched M Tsarion speak on the serpent within advertising. It was interesting. The general feeling I had was the PTB almost have a code that they must indicate whats going on. If you don't get it , oh well we tried to tell you. He did also point out the small g and it's serpent significance.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The modern lower case G has two written and typographic variants: the single-story (sometimes opentail) G and the double-story (sometimes looptail) G . The single-story version derives from the majuscule (upper-case) form by raising the serif that distinguishes it from a C to the top of the loop, thereby closing the loop, and extending the vertical stroke downward and to the left. The double-story form developed similarly, except that some ornate forms then extended the tail back to the right, and to the left again, forming a closed bowl or loop. The initial extension to the left was absorbed into the upper closed bowl. The double-story version became popular when printing switched to "Roman type" because the tail was effectively shorter, making it possible to put more lines on a page. In the double-story version, a small stroke in the upper-right, often terminating in an orb shape, is called an "ear".

Not a serpent reference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join