kleverone needs insurance advice HELP!!!!

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey guys, as many of you know my cherished 1963 impala convertible( Photos ) was stolen in March. Well the insurance company has made me an offer of 22 thousand. The car is worth about 10 grand more www.nadaguides.com...


Should I take the offer or hold out for a few grand more?

I have been looking for them online and can't find one for less than 30K and some are going for as much as 125K. Should I hold out for more since I can pretty much show that this is too low or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!!




posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi there. I work in the insurance industry and my advice to you is to refuse the offer, gather evidence of realistic replacement costs (on a like-for-like basis) and present this to them. What you have to remember is that you do not have to agree or accept any offer until you feel you have a fair settlement offer from them....... and hold your ground.



posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you for that insight, it is greatly appreciated.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   


Hey guys, as many of you know my cherished 1963 impala convertible( Photos ) was stolen in March.


That's not good.

I would agree... hold out on insurance. Those companies are weird. I got into a minor accident in feb and it was the other drivers fault.. My insurance company low balled me on the damage estimate. The perpetrator's insurance company actually gave me a better estimate.

Most forms of insurance are a ripoff... it's a very profitable business. I wouldn't feel bad about holding out on your insurance company.



posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey Guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice, I did hold out and ended up getting $3000 more than they had originally offered.



Thanks again for all the great advice. It paid off!!! Literally!!





 
3

log in

join