It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

voodoo good or bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Do people think its bad? I walked into a local shop that specializes in the paranormal and such, and they said it is "black" and I would only dealing with very bad things. Is this true? On another note, one of the symbols from a voodoo book I have called the "magic pentacle" looks a little like the reprensentation of of the 11 dimension drawing.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's neither or either depending on how you practice. That's what a practicing woman told me in the French Market in New Orleans. There is good and bad in everything. You can't have one without the other.

I am curious about it. I periodically will read about Voodoo on the net.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Take it from me, the Caribbean Queen,
I dont think its any good, and its only used by the very low classes. Much harm can come to you from this, I would never go there.

Besides, who wants maraccas, (sp) chicken bones, and eye of neut all over a home?

I was exposed at one time to people practicing this, and i dont mean to be a snob, but
don go there, please!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Imo black or white is wrong. Demon stays a demon. Magic, voodoo, hoodoo, vexes, spells, incantations etc are not a good way to do business. The "favor" that is being done for the one practicing it won't be a freeby. They all want payback one way or another.

There are those who practice magic to do good only, i know family who have been doing this for years. I have also been told by the one partner about the "things" they carry with them. They so have tried to place a spell on me a few years ago but it did not work as i was "tipped" off. Since then i have forgiven them and so have they forgiven me for past mistakes hence how i get to hear all the stories.

I can say their intensions are good, they mean no harm and are lovely people, but for any magic be it white or black the guilty will need to pay back to that he/she used.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
MHO:

voodoo is neither good nor bad.

voodo is a tool.

the good and bad comes from the person.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Take it from me, the Caribbean Queen,
I dont think its any good, and its only used by the very low classes. Much harm can come to you from this, I would never go there.

Besides, who wants maraccas, (sp) chicken bones, and eye of neut all over a home?

I was exposed at one time to people practicing this, and i dont mean to be a snob, but
don go there, please!

Take it from me, someone who actually has "High Class" (So much for only being used by the Low classes) family members who practice/ed Voodoo, you are mistaken. Caribbean Queen alright... you've got to be kidding me.

I'm glad you generalized all practioners based on your limited experience of what Voodoo truly is, thats how to properly apply logic...

I don't mean to be a snob, but the logic you displayed right here would cause one percieve you as the so called "low class", you know... uneducated, irrational, ignorant.

---

As far as the OP, it all depends on intent. The main people who say Black Magic deals with evil or vile things are the ones who fell to all that commercialized crap, and thats about 99% of all the Magic out there. My Uncle, who was poisoned practiced Black Magic and was revered in his particular region in Haiti was far from evil or vile. My Grandma who practiced Voodoo for most of her life was far from evil or vile.

Just like every other practice, its the intent that matters. Voodoo is often misunderstood due to the commercialization of it, hence many of the responses.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

Whatever. Where i come from, its the low classes that practice that insanity.
While it may be ok and normal practice where you are, it is not from the city i was born in.

Sorry, didnt mean to offend the PRACTITIONERS. These are my sentiments and i am not going to agree with you just becaus.

BTW, calling people ignorant, and uneducated, etc on these boards will get you a warning. I'd advise you put up with peoples' opinions and dont take them "so" to heart. Its not worth it.
You took what i said as a very personal attack, you wont last here long if you react like that all the time. Just some advise.
Thank you.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You didn't offend me, nor did I take anything personal. Also, I've seemed to have lasted long enough without any problems. Apparently.

I didn't directly refer to you as ignorant, uneducated, and etc... If you notice, I specifically said: "The logic you displayed would cause one to percieve you as..." Now you don't need me to guide you through that and how to properly comprehend it do you?

My intention weren't for you to agree with me, I simply stated my opinion(s)... As did you. Assuming doesn't accomplish much. Just some advice. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Uh, didn't mean to start a fight.... I'm just afraid of opening a door and not being able to close it and have some entity scaring the crap out of me!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why don't you find a botanica and talk to the people who work there?
I won't claim to know anything about voodoo (not my belief system) but I know some people who own a botanica and they don't mind discussing issues with people who walk in. They've said that they (and most others) prefer to be asked rather than for people to go off all willy-nilly without any idea of what they're getting into.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In many circles,voodoo can be looked at as being a horrible practice and ill tell you why.

In many ways voodooo is one of the most powerful practices,and can turn very ugly very fast.One thing that many practitioners look at in magic and what not is the pools of energy that are used,and what sources those pools come from.And in many cases thes different practices (and i mean all practices in this)usually have set sources from which you gather your energy and ability.

This is not usually the case in voodoo.Where in in many ways it is open to the fact that you can gain your energy from many and almost any source.This can be from the earth,as in a tree a flower a certain path.

Or even down to your own will ,thoughts,intentions, With the so called darker side of voodoo.You start looking into energy change and transfer of life even.

As an animal or somethin glike that dies its enrgy flows back to the earth and surrounding energy,which basically encompasses all things in this percieved exsistence,and beyond lol.

Again on the side of transferring,IOn many cases voodoo is used as a counter agent to the things people do to us.In this i mean anything from someone calling us a neme or hurting our lives,or hurting us physically something like that.

In this look at voodoo, It is like taking,the negative forces and energy of someone and using it(but not directly being involved in mopst cases)to have them become their own problem,or have their own negative energy opr bad stuff happen to them instead or also.So in many ways alot of practitioners look down upon it as being primitive or evil even.Ywet we use it every day.

The point i mean here is\,we all say i hope you die or go choke or something at some point or wish for good weather.Voodoo just goes further and looks at how much of your energy and power of self do you put into the reality of these thoughts.

But heres the major part of voodoo,it is a transfer thing so when you start messing with energies and events and what not wishing ill on others can in turn come back on you!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
It's neither or either depending on how you practice. That's what a practicing woman told me in the French Market in New Orleans. There is good and bad in everything. You can't have one without the other.

I am curious about it. I periodically will read about Voodoo on the net.

This is aomething I hear a lot, too. Hollywood has a tendency to exagerrate the bad side, but maybe there is a place for voodoo in healing or spirituality. There are people who trust and believe in it's power. There are people who dabble in everything and will not use it wisely or respectfully of course.
I find it interesting, but I wouldnt play with it.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That was a great post Toraylin, and thanks for the others. I would never use any form of the occult for harm. I truly beleive in karma and know that negative energy will come right back. I wish for strength and good luck. I just didn't know if voodoo has a set of Gods or Godesses that one is attempting to communicate with,or if they are really demons.

top topics

join