It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do people think this is no life on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok this is really hard for me to explain but.

Why do people say there is no proven life on mars. How do we know that "Aliens" breath air and drink water to survive? How do we know they do this?

Is it more if there is life on mars meaning can we "humans" survive on another planet?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Because theres no proof yet.........

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

I think your answer is in your question. People say there is no proven life on mars because there has been no proof (or anything close to proof) that anything is alive on mars. All scientific data found to date proves otherwise, that there is no life whatsoever on mars, be it air breathing, water drinking, or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Now if there is suppose life on "zeta reticuli"

Why don't we send a machine to take photo's? Or is it way to far out there?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx

You may want to pull out an elementary astronomy book and familiarize yourself with the distances involved between planets, solar systems, stars, etc.....

To answer the question--yeah, we could send a probe to Zeta Reticuli.....how long would you like to wait for the results? I won't tell you the length of time involved....I just ask that you find that answer on your own. It'll do you some good.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

You may want to pull out an elementary astronomy book and familiarize yourself with the distances involved between planets, solar systems, stars, etc.....

To answer the question--yeah, we could send a probe to Zeta Reticuli.....how long would you like to wait for the results? I won't tell you the length of time involved....I just ask that you find that answer on your own. It'll do you some good.

Just looked it up 39 light years away from Earth.

We'd wait a very long time.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

...and not to hijack this thread's topic, but I think it is imortant to point out the distances we are talking about to stars such as Zeta Reticuli...to put it into some perspective, Zeta Reticuli is basically in our back yard (the 100 or so stars that are within 40 light years from Earth only make up 0.0000001% of the stars in our galaxy), but it would take even the fastest space probes we currently have about 720,000 years to get there.

That's 720,000 years to only go as far as the 0.0000001% of the stars of the galaxy that are within 40 ly of the Sun. It would take our fastest space probe about 65,000 years to reach the closest star to our Sun.

...back to the topic of the thread...Until life IS actually found, we cannot say life exists on Mars, whether it be life as we know it or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfanI think your answer is in your question. People say there is no proven life on mars because there has been no proof (or anything close to proof) that anything is alive on mars. All scientific data found to date proves otherwise, that there is no life whatsoever on mars, be it air breathing, water drinking, or not.

You do know that is completely wrong, right?

NASA has already tested POSITIVE FOR LIFE ON MARS. It happened in the good old year of 1976 I believe with the Viking 2 lander. Of course the results are disputed... But still, it happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

...and not to hijack this thread's topic, but I think it is imortant to point out the distances we are talking about to stars such as Zeta Reticuli...to put it into some perspective, Zeta Reticuli is basically in our back yard (the 100 or so stars that are within 40 light years from Earth only make up 0.0000001% of the stars in our galaxy), but it would take even the fastest space probes we currently have about 720,000 years to get there.

That's 720,000 years to only go as far as the 0.0000001% of the stars of the galaxy that are within 40 ly of the Sun. It would take our fastest space probe about 65,000 years to reach the closest star to our Sun.

...back to the topic of the thread...Until life IS actually found, we cannot say life exists on Mars, whether it be life as we know it or otherwise.

Alright say the greys that live on Zeta Reticuli how can they drive that far / fast and we simply have to wait 720K years for our stuff to reach them?

I know I know "advanced alien race" but.....how are they able to exceed those speeds and here on earth we are far behind in technology?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I know I know "advanced alien race" but.....how are they able to exceed those speeds and here on earth we are far behind in technology?

Very good question. One school of thought is that the phenomena many view as other-worldly, alien, etc....is actually a natural phenomena so fleeting and ephemeral, and "weird", that we have trouble wrapping it into our world view. Others theorize that "aliens" are actually breaking a barrier between dimensions......possibly from a dimension (or universe, if you're into the multiverse view) existing right alongside ours.

The distance problem is huge......so maybe it's not about distance, but distortion?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For the same reason people think there is life on Mars. We all have points of view that are as individual as we are ourselves.

The possibility is definitely there both in the past, present and future (us) but don't rely on NAZA to give you the lowdown! Only time will tell and only one half of the debaters will be vindicated.

All I can say is stay tuned!

IRM

[edit on 24/6/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Proven? No.
Strong Evidence? You bet.

NASA has publicly stated they are quite certain liquid water once flowed on Mars. Other top scientists have reviewed time lapsed photos and have concluded that there are still some minute quantities of liquid water moving on Mars.

Anyone who has ever seen a drop of water under a microscope knows that even one drop is teeming with life.

To expect otherwise from a drop of water on Mars seems illogical in the extreme. It may be more of the primordial variety, but I'd bet more on Martian life than I would against it...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

If I understand what you're asking - I think it's an interesting question

life as we know it is based on water/air, etc. - so that's what we look for

maybe our standards for what qualifies as life are too narrow

I've always loved the fact that we never know how much we don't know

we may be looking right at something and never even see it

even on our own planet

so, there is no hard evidence, or proof of life on Mars that everyone agrees on - based on what we're looking for

and traveling this universe is based on the physics we understand - now

science is constantly rewriting reality - and replacing it's own established facts and truths with newer facts and truths - which is just good science

I wish I could see what we'll have learned 200 years from now

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Very good question. One school of thought is that the phenomena many view as other-worldly, alien, etc....is actually a natural phenomena so fleeting and ephemeral, and "weird", that we have trouble wrapping it into our world view. Others theorize that "aliens" are actually breaking a barrier between dimensions......possibly from a dimension (or universe, if you're into the multiverse view) existing right alongside ours.

The distance problem is huge......so maybe it's not about distance, but distortion?

Yes I believe in multiverse because there are galaxies beyond our galaxies meaning there got to be more universes out there. We only see and know of space as 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Space is huge we will never see all 100% of space.

I think I may be getting what you are saying. Some how the alien race has been able to travel beyond the speed of light. Now we may be able to do the same thing if we thought about how it can be done and not how it can't be done.

Also I think the human body would some how fold in on its self at those speeds because of the g-force feeling. I believe the human body would die at those speeds. Unless we constructed a device that would keep the same g we feel now into a ship and somehow contain it. Then the g-force factor wouldn't be sure a problem.

I really wish we would put books, bibles, religions, theories aside and let them come visit us in the masses and share there technology so we as a human race can become advanced.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
To expect otherwise from a drop of water on Mars seems illogical in the extreme.

Oh, I don't know. There is such as thing as sterile water that doesn't have anything living in it at all. Water is certainly helpful to at least some types of life, but that life has to exist first, before the water can do it any good.

And until we can figure out just how life comes about in the first place, it's pushing it to assume that there's likely life wherever there's water, whether on Mars or on some other planet floating around out there.

new topics

top topics

join