It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London police seize mayor's cigar case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

London police seize mayor's cigar case

www. mail.com

Scotland Yard has a new mystery: the case of the London mayor and the red leather Iraqi cigar box.

British police confirmed Tuesday they are examining an Iraqi cigar case belonging to London mayor Boris Johnson to determine whether it is a looted Iraqi artifact. Johnson says he handed over the case, which once belonged to Saddam Hussein's deputy, on Monday.

Johnson, a Conservative politician, journalist and sometime TV quiz-show host who was elected mayor last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"he took the case in 2003 from the bombed-out home of former Iraqi deputy prime minister Tariq Aziz" I think its really an shamefully act its sound to me pirates of the Iraq.This show how much our politician's are careless about sensitive towards Iraq culture and their heritage .We are looting their home ,their property their peace and their girls.GOD will also not help us.

www. mail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hardily think Iraq's Culture and Heritage are truly represented by a cigar box once owned by a member of the Hussein Cru.

I'm thinking about changing my email service provider, this story reeks of political apathy.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I hardily think Iraq's Culture and Heritage are truly represented by a cigar box once owned by a member of the Hussein Cru.

NO,Thats belong tho them who we are to just take out from thr home. Second thing is that not the only stuff get stolen from iraq 100's & thousands of ancient books secret scripts of old civilization were also stolen.

Mod Edit: Fixed quote tags

[edit on 6/25/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Your thinking is plausible considering Iraq's Location.

Any evidence, though?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Maybe it is.

The cigar case may have had a different original use and it could be really something representative of Iraq's Culture and Heritage, despite being used as a cigar box.

123space, please stop using external tags to quote other member's posts, in long threads we never know if it is really an external source of if it is a quote from a previous post, you do not even identify the poster.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Here are the proof if you need more just Google it
www.wsws.org...

[edit on 24-6-2008 by 123space]

[edit on 24-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Point made.

I'll admit i've something of a liking for Johnson, thanks to him we don't have to worry about Livingstone working his greasy hands into Britain's pride and joy.

I do happen to think that this is nothing more than an attack on Boris's leadership, though.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
up guys we were at war with them war booty is one of the perks of warfare it has been like that fore ever. if nobody is stopping the bush crew from looting the country why should we care if this guy got a cigar box. for that matter the army guys who tried smuggling the 300 million of the 1.2 billion they found should have been let go to. this stuff never belonged to iraqi people it belonged to idiots in charge .]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

I hope you keep that attitude if someone enters you home and takes all he wants just because he is stronger than you...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
NO,Thats belong tho them who we are to just take out from thr home. Second thing is that not the only stuff get stolen from iraq 100's & thousands of ancient books secret scripts of old civilization were also stolen.

That is quite an interesting point. I can imagine that many secrets were stolen when Iraq was invaded. And I believe that is stealing and against the law. Obviously not to them
But it is still wrong

new topics

top topics

join