It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Flag on the Moon is a Hoax!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Recently, I purchased a book which claims that the cover is proof that the masons planted a flag on the moon and afterwords brought it back. Which maybe true I honestly have no idea.

But the photo itself is a fraud. And I will show you why this is. First take a look at the actual photo / book cover:

Well, if it is not obvious that it is photoshopped, lets look closer at the reflection on the astronauts helmet:

THAT IS AN AMERICAN FLAG!! I CALL HOAX!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I call some one who doesn't know what artistic license means.

The flag Aldrin took to the moon was smaller, about a tea towel size.

Man.... what is the world coming to ? open the book and see the real pictures before you shout out and make a spectacle.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Uh.... yeah. It is. There's a picture of Mr. Aldrin with a Masonic apron as well, but I'm pretty sure that's a proven fake as well.
According to Masonic Light in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mr. ALdrin did fly a flag of the supreme council.
However, I'm sure some Masons will be in here shortly to go into further detail on the subject.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Couldn't agree more now a days people live online and take YouTube and any online thread as the gospel truth

" any idiot with talent in photoshop "
can rewrite true history and people never bother to ask seniors or open a real book and they ignore their history teachers sad sad sad

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There you go. Aldrin, the grand commander and the Masonic flag he took to the moon.

Now..... the pic you posted is for a book about masonic rituals and the moon / esotoric rites and the moon ect ect.

Its making a point to the person picking up the book for the first time.

America didn't go to the moon, a cabale of powerful masonic / nazi / magii from cults did.

the USA just picked up the tab.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah, well obviously that photo in the OP is a hoax, but it wouldn't surprise me if Aldrin actually did take a masonic flag t0 the Moon...but so what?

I don't see anything sinister in this act. If I was a proud and active member of any club or organization and I was in Aldrin's shoes, I too would have taken a flag or other momento to bring back to that organization of which I am an active member...I would also try to bring back momentos for my family and close friends, and could say "Here, take this [momento] -- it's been to the Moon and back. I heard that some astronauts (I don't know about Apollo astronauts) took rolls of coins with them that they could give out later to family and friends.

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Before getting bent out of shape, read the OP.

I don't doubt there may have been an actual masonic flag or some other intrinsic item taken to the moon. Actually I find it likely, but the point of my post is that the photo itself is fake.

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The flag in the astronauts helmet visor is surely the reflection from the flag patch on his space suit and not of the actual flag. Not that i think its real or anything, Just an observation

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Did you not bother to read any thing i just said ??

Its a book cover - its artistic license, its trying to draw you in and pick it up... OMG......

...books do this on their covers...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here is another Neil Armstrong Apollo 11 picture
Moon

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes i know. Its blatentley not real anyway. Theres tons of posts like this on this site. The fact that its not real goes without saying. I wasnt disputing that. Just what the reflection was supoosed to be of

edit :
@ Slayer69

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Here is another Neil Armstrong Apollo 11 picture
Moon

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Priceless ! I love those real moon pictures you have. They are so real and so awesome.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It looks like its a reflection of whats on his shoulder.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is true that astronaut Buzz Aldrin performed a masonic rite on the moon. The masons actually has a lodge on the moon:

The Story of Tranquility Lodge No. 2000

On July 20, 1969, two American Astronauts landed on the moon of the planet Earth, in an area known as Mare Tranquilitatis , or "Sea of Tranquility". One of those brave men was Brother Edwin Eugene (Buzz) Aldrin, Jr., a member of Clear Lake Lodge No. 1417, AF&AM, Seabrook, Texas. Brother Aldrin carried with him SPECIAL DEPUTATION of then Grand Master J. Guy Smith, constituting and appointing Brother Aldrin as Special Deputy of the Grand Master, granting unto him full power in the premises to represent the Grand Master as such and authorize him to claim Masonic Territorial Jurisdiction for The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, on The Moon, and directed that he make due return of his acts. Brother Aldrin certified that the SPECIAL DEPUTATION was carried by him to the Moon on July 20, 1969.

Link to Tranquility Lodge 2000:
tl2k.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

The flag is not facing the correct direction in the visor to be a reflection of the patch on his shoulder...

Edit: Besides that, his shoulder is white, the visor background is black...reflecting space.

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Your right. They should fire their art director!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
reply to post by mystiq

The flag is not facing the correct direction in the visor to be a reflection of the patch on his shoulder...

Oh yeah I see it now

FLAG

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Before getting bent out of shape, read the OP.

I don't doubt there may have been an actual masonic flag or some other intrinsic item taken to the moon. Actually I find it likely, but the point of my post is that the photo itself is fake.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post -- yeah, the part about the photo being obviously a fake was directed at you, but the rest of my post was directed at the people who seem to think there is some kind of conspiracy going on with the masonic flag taken to the Moon. I'm just trying to point out that it would be a very natural thing to do if Aldrin was a proud and active member of that organization, and he could swing it with NASA (i.e., allowing him to carry the extra weight).

I just think it is a natural thing to do, bringing back a momento for a club that is important in your life. I would probably have done the same. There is no conspiracy here.

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
The flag in the astronauts helmet visor is surely the reflection from the flag patch on his space suit and not of the actual flag. Not that i think its real or anything, Just an observation

It can't be his shoulder. As others have correctly pointed out, the "stars" part of the flag in the reflected images would be on the bottom of the flag. It should be 100% obvious that the flag relflecting in the visor is the one on the flagstick -- not the patch on his shoulder.

By the way, that isn't even Aldrin. Nor is it Armstrong, nor is it even from Apollo 11. Neither of the Apollo 11 astronauts had a suit with a red stripe. That photograph is from Apollo 14 and is of astronaut Alan Shepard. Here's the original:
history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Isn't that picture the cover of Hoagland's most recent book, Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA? Yes I just checked and it is. So is Hoagland a hoaxster?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
So is Hoagland a hoaxster?

Duh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join