It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego Stroaking on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

WOW! Great post! You really are the cream of the crop of telling it like it is. You should become moderator soon!

Nobody likes an arse kisser but we all need to give more compliments out than insults. We live in a very insecure and competitve world these days. Giving out compliments is one way of trying to level out the high tension in eveyone.

I'm a Mod on another forum and I get so many compliments there it discuss me. They are obviously trying to get on my good side for later they can have someone on thier side if they get into a little trouble.

So, over all do you think my WOW coment was stroaking your ego or just a nice simple compliment?

[edit on 26-6-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

I think your comment was okay,I was only pointing out the obvious ridiculously over the top 'worship' type complements.Example-"Do you have a thread devoted to your awesomeness?"I mean COME ON,that is just ignorant and laughable it is so much over kill.Honestly your ''wow'' comment probably coulda' been fine by saying a simple "good thread"or "good rant",although I believe for some posts or threads more is needed(or at least acceptable).As far as this being a cruel world and people needing complements I agree,but if someone is that insecure that they need to give or receive complements boarding on 'worship' then to bad,they need to deal with life like we all do and maybe get some help if it's that bad for them.It's kinda like how I feel about certain people getting more attention when they die,recent example Tim Russert-yes he was a huge media influence and widely respected,but a week long 24/7 eulogy for one man who was not a world leader or did not save 1000s of lifes,or sacrificed himself so others could live is totally ridiculous and quite frankly appalling and demeaning to the 'average Joe' on the street.So is my life or the billions of others that lead a cliche 'normal' life not as important as a media newscaster?Why isn't there week long eulogies for everyone when they die?Is one life more important than another?In some cases yes,but definitely not in the case of a celeberty,newscaster,socialite,cop or soldier(who did not die in the line of duty).Now I know it is simply not possible to have a elongated eulogy for everyone on the planet who dies,so my point is lets not do it for 'people a few income figures' above a normal person,lets reserve it for Presidents,world leaders,certain soldiers or cops who died in a extenuating situation.That is a HUGE problem in today's 'star struck' society,we give WAY to much respect and attention to people who do not deserve it,that is one reason the world how it is right now-a mess.As far as complementing a post or thread,yea if it warrants it do it,but be objective and realize that anything short of a 'world shaking revelation' in a thread does not deserve a lot of the comments made that I am talking about,there is no other word to describe it than 'ridiculous' and possibly 'absurd'.I know I appreciate any complements I might get,but will I cry and 'boo-hoo' and stop posting if I don't get any?NO,I for one have a strong enough ego(there's that word again)to hold my own dignity.As far as 'ass-kissing' the mods(or bosses or anyone for that matter),it happens,I don't approve of it and think they(you included)should be smart enough to tell and remain unbiased.But it is a fact of life that 'lower downs' will try and please 'higher ups',hell I have done it from time to time,it is a natural fact of life,and if it keeps people happy(even if I don't agree)then so be it,just regulate it and don't go 'crazy' with it,it could be said that 'ass-kissing' balances things out,allowing 'lower downs' to move up or gain power.I don't think any of what I've said here or in my OP is 'new material',in my opinion it is a code that we all should live by,a code of regulation,restraint,and the equality of all human life.~JKrog

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Every time you post I can only feel grateful for having you around.
But this time you have outdone yourself once again, I`m speechless this thread is worth more than points, the owners of this board are very lucky to have you here.

tanti auguri!!!

'tanti auguri'? Um,yea speak English dude,and I hate to tell you we are not in Rome[Haha,well maybe you are,I guess that would explain your *false idol* worship uh?],and Latin is a dead language!

I am the one that wrote that.

Usually I don`t like to waste time responding to rants, but I think your sourness deserves an answer.

Internos is my friend, we became friends before he became a Conspiracy Master or a Subject Matter Expert, we share a lot of opinions and have worked together on threads presented at ATS. I am always happy to congratulate a friend on a job well done.

I`m not in Rome, but I have visited many times, lovely city by the way, some day you should too, the U.S.A. is o.k. (I know because I lived there), but I guess there are better places.

Idolatry is not my choice of worship, but I respect other religions.

tanti auguri is not Latin, it is plain Italian, google is a wonderful tool, you should start to use it.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Every time you post I can only feel grateful for having you around.
But this time you have outdone yourself once again, I`m speechless this thread is worth more than points, the owners of this board are very lucky to have you here.

tanti auguri!!!

Yea I wouldn't go getting smart with the 'you didn't research the language' approach,as this is a rant,and the Latin and false idol statement was pure sarcasm and not meant to be taken as a factual statement.I'm glad Internos is your friend and don't you dare turn this around as me attacking him because I wasn't and you know that(he is also one of my friends on this board).Now to your statement,yes I think it was a little over the top and unnessicary,I don't believe anyone should complement anyone to that extent for that kind of thread.The point is when you praise someone like that(and I singled out that thread because it was literally back to back to back for like 8 or 9 posts straight up ridiculous,non-relevant ego stroking post.Internos is a great member and truly worthy of being a Conspiracy Master,and by saying that it doesn't make him,or me,or you immune from the point of this rant.NO ONE under almost any circumstance should be praised like that,it is taking a normal human being and putting them up on a pedestal like a god.Never did I say don't complement members and NEVER did I say ANYTHING derogatory about Internos(which I might add no one mentioned his name until you,even if they knew who the OP was,I think it was inappropriate of you to bring his name into this discussion that did not pertain to him,but used his thread as a setting and example for my rant.I too have worked on threads with other members and plan to do so in the future,but that doesn't mean I am specifically going to 'super praise' them or anyone else.Hey look,this is just my opinion,you can think and do what you want,I don't care,thats why I posted this in the RANT forum on BTS because it is my opinion and I am free to post it as long as it doesn't violate Terms and Conditions of Membership.

[edit on 6/26/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The rest of the OP is the same,chronologicaly ordered pictures and information stretching 3 or 4 posts.Like I said,a fine piece of work and research..............but it presents nothing new and nothing not already known.He(OP) vaguely touches on a few 'anomalies' but that is it!So no 'ground breaking' information here.

When you took one of his threads as your "example" in my humble opinion you involved him, that is up to him not me.

When you quoted my words you involved me, and some of my friends since you also quoted them

I`m not turning anything, your words were clear.

When I ring a bell, I show my face, I don`t run like hell.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

The rest of the OP is the same,chronologicaly ordered pictures and information stretching 3 or 4 posts.Like I said,a fine piece of work and research..............but it presents nothing new and nothing not already known.He(OP) vaguely touches on a few 'anomalies' but that is it!So no 'ground breaking' information here.

The point of that was to state that the post was excellent in design,BUT presented no groundbreaking information(ie;proof of extra terrestrial life or something of that magnitude and only of that magnitude deserves the kind of praise I saw in that thread and other threads from different people)

When you took one of his threads as your "example" in my humble opinion you involved him, that is up to him not me.

Wrong,his written words on the thread are the property of the ATS community,and as long as I do not violate the T&C I can use them.(Trust me I know,I had a member a few months ago use mine in a MUCH MORE derogatory way)

When you quoted my words you involved me, and some of my friends since you also quoted them

Wrong again,for the same reason as stated above.Yes in a sense I involved you because I used your words,but once you(and your friends) put those words in the ATS forum you put them for all to see and use(abiding by T&C).Keep in mind that I did not involve you personally as I edited member names out,in fact because YOU acknowledged which post was yours you destroyed YOUR anonymity that I created for you ON THIS forum.

I`m not turning anything, your words were clear.

Yes YOUR words were clear and yes MINE WERE,but now you are trying to twist them and make it seem like I am specifically attacking you,your friends,and the OP!Obviously that WAS NOT my intent.You are STILL trying to make it seem like I am slamming the OP when I am not.You are STILL trying to make it seem like I disrespect the OP when I do not.You are STILL trying to make it seem like I am slamming the OPs work and exquisite reputation,when I am not.Most of all you are trying to make my rant look like a premeditated attack on your specific group of friends and fellow posters,as well as the OP of that thread,which is just RIDICULOUS!

When I ring a bell, I show my face, I don`t run like hell.

I am not going to continue and argue with you,it is obvious that you are trying to instigate me to bicker with you and I will not,so your attempt to make me seem like a 'member basher' has failed.I am not bashing members,but bashing an ideal that some members have.I must have hit a nerve with you or you would not have responded and came across sites to respond(how did you find this rant anyways,it isn't like its a major thread!).Good night to you Sir.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
As far as this being a cruel world and people needing complements I agree,but if someone is that insecure that they need to give or receive complements boarding on 'worship' then to bad,they need to deal with life like we all do and maybe get some help if it's that bad for them.It's kinda like how I feel about certain people getting more attention when they die.

I fully hear yah bro, and R.I.P. George Carlin, I'm now gonna buy all your merchandise at a time that doesn't benefit you. :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Better if i chime in on this one just in order to point out ONE THING:
i would have considered you a guy with the balls if you had chosen one of Springer, SO, or SG threads, but you did NOT, hence i can't help.
A rant is a rant and i never rant: I try to MAKE, because in my opinion what we can do is to MAKE if we really want to add something to this world that needs really someone who ADDS and DOES something, while ranting is more for those who are unable to add actually something to the quality of this world, but they have much time to talk about what other people actually do.
So consider this one as my first and last rant, and... why not, try to add something you too to this website, rather than checking the quality of the other member's post, especially because i don't think you are entitled to.
Im NOT interested in a long debate here, so please don't try to involve me in it: you made an op, i've replied, END OF STORY.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
WOW,did not expect THAT(well maybe)

No debate,your entitled to your response,but I AM the one who u2u'd you and INFORMED you of this rant(Im guessing you didn't know about it b4,or you would have replied)I have said TIME AND TIME AGAIN,this is not against you,but your thread contained more examples than others.I am NOT disrespecting YOU,nor ANYONE,rather pointing out what I see.So I am SORRY if this offended you,it was not my intent(as I edited your and members names).I have nothing but RESPECT for YOU AND ALL MEMBERS ON ATS.I really wish we wouldn't let emotions get in the way here!I am ranting about an IDEAOLOGY,NOT YOU-NOR ANYONE ELSE.

SO AGAIN,MY APPOLOGIES IF I OFFENDED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE.

But I still do NOT REGRET POSTING THIS RANT.

And I think I do contribute to ATS,and hope I can continue to do so.

~JKrog

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

No, you have been the fifht of the list of those who informed me about this thread (the FIFTH, and you are the OP and you are in my buddy list):

with my response via U2U i just wanted show you that i have no personal problems with anyone, as well as i didn't removed you from my buddy list, and if you were there, there was more than one reason.
Ive decided to post here just because you had the courage to keep on claiming that there was nothing personal with me:
WELL, I CAN ACCEPT THAT ONE LIES TO HIMSELF OR TO PEOPLE, BUT NOT TO ME.
So, try to learn something from your rant, maybe you will grow. Why didn't you have the balls to quote the single posters IN THE RELEVANT THREAD and to tell them "hey, your post sounds like an ass kissing" if this problem is so serious for you to dedicate so much time of your life to it???
No, you preferred to HIDE here, and to get your five minutes of fame.
Well, now you got them, i hope that you are happy, and most importan, i hope that you will grow because you are LATE.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Ok.......I posted on BTS because IT IS ON TOPIC to post RANTS on BTS.My five minutes of fame?5 stars?You really think I care about points on ATS?I just want THE TRUTH,nothing more,nothing less.Unlike some(not saying you,so dont get mad)I CARE what people think about me,EVEN ON THE INTERNET.Yes I am a new member,yes you have been here A LITTLE longer than me,YES you are a conspiracy master(im not,nor am I a mod).How old are you(I ask because when one says to grow up they must have years to back that statement up....I am 22),I didnt reply on your thread BECAUSE IT WOULD BE IN-APPROPRIATE AND OFF TOPIC.I am NOT HIDING,I wouldnt have TOLD YOU about this thread if I was!I still consider you a friend on ATS,I hope you do me as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Also,if there was a rant in ATS I woulda posted it there.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No I am not jealous of the ridiculous and obnoxious praise.Yes I think good work should be praised-TO AN EXTENT!Finally I am not accusing the OPs of these threads of asking for the praise,but come on would you say"stop complementing me"?

Since WHEN i have to learn from A CHILD how to behave in my life, how to respond in a forum?
Do you really want to teach to me the manners? You were a child yesterday, you still ARE today and you will be a child for a LONG time yet unless your mom will teach you the manners once forever, and NOW it would be time:
you ENVY forced you to start this thread, you are jealous because you can't realize how does it come that i am, here, what you will NEVER BE.
HUH? Does it hurt? It didn't hurt me before, when i was a member, but i know about more people with issues like your one.
This is the problem, and whatever you say, it's YOUR problem, not mine.
Not to mention what other people that you have quoted may say.
Since this type of rants are allowed, you are forcing me (or some other adult) to start a thread about WHY the children are allowed to post here:
i won't because im really DISCOURAGED by the presence of people like you, byut someone else will do: so tomorrow you will have someone else to envy and to attack and to be jealous of: this is the life: grow and you won't be a looser anymore: in the meantime, you ARE.

[edit on 29/6/2008 by internos]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

WOW.............I am SPEECHLESS.I would expect more from a LEADING MEMBER of ATS than resorting to 'YOUR MOMA'" cut downs,and "your a loser"....................................I must say I tried to be civil and..................well nevermind I still will be.Did someones feelings(or ego)get hurt??How do YOU LIKE IT??!!!
It is not fun nor nice to read is it?I had respect for you,but now IT IS WAIVERING.

GO AHEAD,USE YOUR "ATS POPULARITY" TO START A THREAD AND FLAME ME...........THAT WILL JUST SHOW HOW INMATURE YOU ARE MY FRIEND.IF YOU CAN NOT BE RATIONAL AND UNDERSTAND MY MEANING OF THIS THREAD AND ACCEPT MY APPOLOGY LIKE A MAN THAN I AM TRULY SORRY FOR YOU AND ATS.SO GO AHEAD
ME!!WILL IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER?I DIDNT FLAME YOU,I MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR ANONYMITY AND STATE I WASNT BASHING YOU,BUT AGAIN MAYBE YOU CAN NOT MAN UP AND ACCEPT MY APPOLOGY AND REALIZE I WAS ***NOT***
YOU!!~JKrog

[edit on 6/29/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

,I MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR ANONYMITY AND STATE I WASNT BASHING YOU,BUT AGAIN MAYBE YOU CAN NOT MAN UP AND ACCEPT MY APPOLOGY AND REALIZE I WAS ***NOT***
YOU!!~JKrog

[edit on 6/29/2008 by jkrog08]

You must be joking. You must have known that every member who follows internos' work here at ATS - and there are many of us, because he is a valuable asset to this forum - would understand at once which thread and which Concpiracy Master you were ranting about.

To me, it seems like you targeted internos intentionally. Perhaps it would be a good idea to stop posting now, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Well all I can say then is WAY TO MANY people let emotions interfere in logic.That is a major flaw in humans,that I see(one I tend to supress for the good of man).If you feel I was intentionally attacking Internos(someone one my friend list) than you are mistaken(as is he),I woulda used Springer,you,Mikesingh,JohnLear,anyone..............but his thread had the most examples,sorry.If you and him(and ATS for that matter)cant understand that than I am sorry,but I dont sugarcoat things just because a member is popular in ATS!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a wiseman once told me;

it's the internet, screw everyone.

edit: I just read through the thread...

ROFLIES!

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Nobody is asking you to sugarcoat anything. But I still think that you targeted internos, and that you must have known that the members here would understand who you were talking about. I am not saying that you don't have a right to your opinions, but I think you could have made your point without "outing" a specific member the way you did.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Look...........Im done,I wont respond anymore to anything.This thread is closed as far as Im concerned.....

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
a wiseman once told me;

... to each their own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If one has or feels an issue with a fellow member, it's always best to address such via U2U or the Complaint/Suggestion feature.

The resolves to such typically involve far less responses and ultimately prove far more amicable in the end.

-thread closed-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join