It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Chief: Iran 6 months to a year from producing nukes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
So when you say, "There is no reason to believe any iranian weapon would be used differently than in a purely defensive manner", you are certainly correct. Iran possesses her weapons for defensive purposes only, now all she has to do is get us to attack her. Provocation after provocation.

You must live in a strange, nationalistic, nineteenth-century style world if you think a "provocation" can rightfully trigger a war costing hundreds of thousands people's lives.

And by the way, Israel and USA are the top threats for world peace, therefore provoking and insulting them on an official level is the only sane and correct way to treat them.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
The question is not whether Iran attacks someone. Iran has shown in the past 300 years that it didnt stage any conflict

I guess you mean besides the Iraq/Iran war and Iran's current involvement in Iraq by providing men, arms and money right?

Oh, and lets not forget their support and funding of terrorist groups like Hezzbolah and others.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Looks like America beat them to the nukes by about 63 years. Oh, and don't forget....

America is the only nation, of the 8 known to have nukes, and the 1 believed to have nukes, who has experience in actually nuking people.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

IAEA didnt make this statement, if you simply quote El Baradei.

This is very humorous because I'm confident that if El Baradei would have said something to support your argument, like Iran has never had a weapons program, you would be screaming bloody murder about how you were correct and quoting his statement in bold.
Thumbs down for being disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
CIA 'ignored Iran nuclear evidence'

A former CIA agent has alleged that the US intelligence agency ignored evidence Iran had suspended work on a nuclear bomb, a US newspaper has said.

The man's lawyer told the Washington Post that the ex-agent was told on "five occasions" to either falsify his reporting on weapons of mass destruction in the Near East, or "not to file his reports at all".

Details of the claims emerged after the ex-agent filed a motion in a US federal court last week asking the US government to declassify legal documents which he said described a deliberate suppression of findings on Iran's nuclear programmes that ran against the CIA's view.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
So when you say, "There is no reason to believe any iranian weapon would be used differently than in a purely defensive manner", you are certainly correct. Iran possesses her weapons for defensive purposes only, now all she has to do is get us to attack her. Provocation after provocation.

You must live in a strange, nationalistic, nineteenth-century style world if you think a "provocation" can rightfully trigger a war costing hundreds of thousands people's lives.

And by the way, Israel and USA are the top threats for world peace, therefore provoking and insulting them on an official level is the only sane and correct way to treat them.

World Peace? What world are you living in? There is no peace in this world and Iran loves it that way. Instead of playing a stabilizing role within their own region of the world in order to neutralize the potential for spreading conflict, they prepare for war. The Iranians are purposely being ambiguous as to the nature of their nuclear program in order to create suspicion.

Iran is accumulating the most advanced weapons systems so that they can particpate in war. For what could Iran possibly need the weapons it is buying? To protect itself from Iraq? Afghanistan? Armenia? Azerbaijan? Turkemenistan?

Your views of Iran are inconsistent with normal behavior. What kind of peaceful person stockpiles weapons? Americans are warlike, this is our great pleasure and the serious nature of our business. Iran needs to sit its butt down and be a quiet, more suportive wife. Or we'll put the b1tch down!

Hundreds of thousands? You keep taking life as a joke and I promise you that you'll live in a world where hundreds of thousands dead will seem mild.

Iran's next big provocation will come in late August, when they try and kidnap the true King's new born Son. After they fail, you'll see what's real and the irrelevance of your every thought.

Samoa is peaceful. Bermuda is peaceful. Iran is a psychopath.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by Cyprus
Iran was 6 months away from building nukes 5 years ago. Elections are coming up and the Repulicans just want to reinforce the homeland security issue thats all.

I love how an Egyptian that is working for the IAEA through the U.N. is now a Republican.

Get a clue. Bush has nothing to do with what the U.N. or its inspectors say.

Lol... You are in denial, UN is controlled by US / israel / and some other rogue nations, UN is about dragging the nwo over your head, hence why they gave palestinian sovereign owned land to the jews, my question is, why not give them a piece of germany instead since it was these suckers who jumped the jews in wwII. Why do we need to overrule a sovereign contry and steal their land to put in jews in a muslim area, if not to make the whole scenario unstable?

Iran is imo only gearing up to protect them self, they have no intention nor any gain in attacking any nation or israel around them. Its their rethoric and it has always been that way down there.

Best regards

Loke.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

The question is not whether Iran attacks someone. Iran has shown in the past 300 years that it didnt stage any conflict

I guess you mean besides the Iraq/Iran war and Iran's current involvement in Iraq by providing men, arms and money right?

Oh, and lets not forget their support and funding of terrorist groups like Hezzbolah and others.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

terrorist groups like Hezzbolah ??????
spoken like a true N.W.O`er my man...

everything you have just used as an example
are ALL PROPAGANDA ...

Iran's current involvement in Iraq by providing men,
arms and money right?

more fox news/MSM style PROPAGANDA to use an another excuse
to attack Iran.

Iraq/Iran war

I am not educated at all on this war..I can`t even comment.
I `ll try to look into researching it some.

now if ya wanna talk about STAGING CONFLICTS
well then look in your own backyard...your leaders are the kings of
CONFLICT... but your people are beautiful souls and are not to blame.
but you gotta wake up........

same here in canada and the world, but you poor guys have it worse.
good luck to you and us all...... peace for all mankind ...ALL

like EVERYONE......EVERYWHERE... PEACE and LOVE

(ahh rats... I`m gonna get called a Hippie Liberal scum again)
oh well.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join