It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO meeting with Sr. Air Force personnel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hahaha so how was this with military "bigwigs"?

I'm just not seeing this being how you are trying to present it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

It's not obsidian. I honor your opinions.

There's a part of me that wants to go easy on you and not bash your story because I do truly believe you had this meeting, but there are some big red flags here:

1) Incredibly LOW resolution pictures of your UFO fragment

This is a big one for me. Someone with something they believe is truly extra-terrestrial would take the time to photograph the object(s) at high resolution, and then post them at high resolution. Your pictures (links) are so low resolution that its hard to make any conclusions about them either way. This is common place in hoaxing. Sorry. Just being honest.

2) Lack of details about meeting

Just as your counter-parts were taking notes and asking questions, you could've (and in my humble opinion, should've) taken notes and asked the names and/or affiliations of EVERYONE in the room, and the contents of the meeting. This is an important meeting right!? This would have gone a long way toward making your story more believable.

3) Going out of your way to "keep certain details private".

Another common place practice in hoaxing. This is usually a ploy for attention. When you finally did reveal what you claimed was private, you mentioned that it revolved around you asking a question as to why military aircraft sometimes fly over houses. How on Earth is that a private question?

Again, I'm not trying to bash you. I thank you for posting and I have even starred your post for having the guts to call a meeting. I just feel you could've been more organized. The MJ12/SOM101 Docs are widely available on the internet. ATS is not the place to come to the table without all your ducks in a row. But again...I applaude you for sharing. I think its better that you did post.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The images were taken with a SONY digital cam. I don't own one so a guy from the Open Minds Forum drove to my place and took them.

I have tried my best to post as many details about the meeting as possible. Like I said, it was 99% me talking for 1 hour while getting sketchy looks.

I am not keeping any secrets. Page 2 I posted what I wanted to keep private just so that nothing is questioned.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Anything stating MJ-12 is basically a hoax. I turn off when I see those words along with some others.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Holy. Cow.

The way I see it there are a few possibilities here, either:

A) These guys are all very much in on whatever cover-up exists and agreed to meet with you to evaluate whether you had any real evidence that could compromise the situation. But if that's the case why would they need 10 men? They could've easily set you up with Butler alone while the other 9 watched from "behind the glass". I'm sure you would've been much more comfortable and willing to disclose more information in that setting.

B) You are close to some element of the truth (perhaps because of your contact with Ricky) and they are purposely f---ing with you to lead you down the wrong path and/or make you nuts in the long run (a la Paul Bennewitz). This scenario makes much more sense to me than the first. It explains why all the elaborate fuss with the 10 men and the Lockheed-Martin representative. It explains why they made comments about the MJ-12 documents - almost like they were tantalizing you to believe that stuff - like "have you written any books?" (*cough*...maybe you should...*cough* wink, wink)...MJ-12, look into that (and become another paranoid drone/unaware disinfo agent).

C) These men are NOT part of the cover-up, but they themselves believe in it and are very interested. That would certainly explain comments like this:

perhaps the U.S. Military doesn't know what UFOs are, or there is an organized cover-up.

That scenario would certainly fall in line with the theory that there is a growing dissension within the US military about the UFO phenomenon.

...and finally:

D) I don't even wanna say this one because I don't want all the wishful thinking goofballs jumping all over it - but perhaps this is part of the new policy put together in that alleged secret UN UFO meeting from last February. I remember reading that the "policy" was they were going to stop denying stuff and start quietly encouraging people to investigate and open up to the phenomenon. So maybe you just became a pawn in that game, uforeality

Anyway, whichever one it was - I would always keep "B)" in my back pocket just in case (and to hopefully keep you a bit grounded). But the one thing I take away from all of this is that no matter what the scenario - this certainly does contradict the "official" US military stance that since Blue Book they don't investigate UFO's.

So very nice work!! :up

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
According to Wikipedia:
"Obsidian consists mainly of SiO2 (silicon dioxide), usually 70% or more."

Well that's one Silicon atom for every two Oxygen atoms so it's still not "mostly" Silicon.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
The images were taken with a SONY digital cam. I don't own one so a guy from the Open Minds Forum drove to my place and took them.

If I had 3 pieces of a UFO, the FIRST thing I would go out and buy would be a digital camera. If you're pieces are authentic, they would be worth much more than the $300 you paid for the camera. Also, why didn't you ask for the high-res pictures from your friend? I find this a bit weird.

I have tried my best to post as many details about the meeting as possible. Like I said, it was 99% me talking for 1 hour while getting sketchy looks.

Did you take a pen and paper with you? Thats not too difficult right?

I am not keeping any secrets. Page 2 I posted what I wanted to keep private just so that nothing is questioned.

Why did you want to keep the question of "why do military aircraft fly over houses sometimes" private? what is private about that? please help me understand if i am missing something here.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not everyone can shell out $300. Right now I'm not one of those who can.

I didn't take a pen and paper with me because I wasn't there to take notes, I was there for them to take notes of what I was presenting TO them.

Everyone is welcome to spin this as they wish. I take no offense. Just keep in mind that until you walk in another man's shoes and have been through what he's been through you should not rush to judgments or have a pretense.

It's just something I wanted to keep private, nothing more nothing less. I felt like it was something I wanted to keep to myself.

I'll be back on later.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And none of this is to "promote" the radio show I will be co-hosting soon. Everything I do as far as UFO research is concerned is because it's a cause I feel strongly about. I don't care if I make a single penny or get recognition.

Ever since my grandfather told me about his UFO encounter I've always wanted to find the truth.

Here is the National UFO Reporting Center report I filled "for" my grandfather with Peter Davenport's permission because my grandfather isn't good with computers:

www.nuforc.org...

I also had the Altamont Enterprise news paper article mailed to me from the Altamont public library talking about the sighting.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting thread. No I don't doubt your meeting occured. You have come off as a man of action. You get in there and do what needs to be done to further your goals. Not many can say the same. I applaud your efforts and I sincerely hope that you make more progress in a forward direction in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
UFO reality, im eagerly awaiting your response to my post on the bottom of page 3.

your grandfathers story is awesome, another account of credible eyewitness.!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
accidental double post

spiderj

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Lockheed Martin, possible "Skunk Works" rep; hmmmm!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hi Ufo Reality,

Can you present us with the same lecture and provide the board with the same info?

I'm sure many of us here are very interested to hear what you had to say on the ufo subject including viewing the other pics you have.

Talking about a meeting that took place is one thing but letting us all know what was said is another. I think it's pointless talking about a meeting unless you disclose what really took place inside.

We are interested in hearing about the info you have other than I met with some big guys yesturday.

Thanks

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ET_CONTACT]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Your question was "what are you UFO heros?" I have several...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Lastly, what would have you done or said differently.

[edit on 03/06/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs

Lastly, what would have you done or said differently.

[edit on 03/06/2008 by LordThumbs]

Nothing. I didn't bring any notes or write anything down. Everything I said during the hour was from my "heart" and off the top of my head. I wanted it to be that way. I think that impressed them. One guy asked me if I had ever written a book on the subject.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Would have been nice to get a roll call/attendance for the meeting. Could it be that it is protocol for the presenter to request it and if not them it is skipped.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding their cards and just determining what information you had. I meeting with public occasionally would support their stance of openness if ever questioned.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"Everything I said during the hour was from my "heart" and off the top of my head."

Can you perhaps do the same for us now? Try to re-cap all that was said if you can and start a new thread!

As you said it's not about the money or fame but sharing the information with others!

Looking forward to it including any other pictures you may have!

Regards!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
another story with no proof of it happening.

it "looks" like obsidian to me, you cannot deny the fact that it "looks" like obsidian, to disagree is being ignorant.

Whether it is or not, doesn't matter. It "looks" like it.

as for the story, sounds like you wasted your time going there, what did you accomplish? nothing.

hard to believe this one, so i just won't try. good luck though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join