It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has brought me to Anxiety!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
[If this is in the wrong area please move]

Hello to all ATS members and Staff.

My name is Scott and I have been a member of Above Top Secret for a few years and I have had a good time so far. But for some strange reason I have come to the point of anxiety just by reading the topics on the main page. I have a pretty strong mind and a strong belief (meaning I know what to believe and what not to believe) but for some reason, I look at this stuff now and it just bothers me. But I have to admit I come back for more. There are just a lot of negative talk about Obama and other things that could damage humanity as we know it. My opinion on Obama is that he will make a difference in this world. We will be happy again. I still believe in the TRUTH behind 9/11 and all and that things have changed dramatically, but we will over come it.

What I like about ATS is all the smart people that actually put the effort in bringing new things to every ones attention and how much time you put in all of this. But I think for my health and insanity I should not always jump into conclusions and automatically believe everything I read or hear on here is true. You have to admit, you would feel better to if all of this was just....there for us to read and not all was true.

Soo, I think I will chill out about ATS for a while and get on with my life and I feel fit. You guys are the best kind of researchers there are. As far as I know, ATS will bring the truth out to the world. Thanks

Scott.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
the truth !!!! you cant handle the truth

... joking, have a good one

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Delerium

Ha, Thanks a lot. I see that you are new? You are going to have fun. I will be visiting ATS some more but just not all the time like I have been.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why cannot members criticise Obama? Have I not recieved the newsletter yet
Jesus, maybe we should all post "I love Obama" threads instead

I am still struggling to understand your anxiety, there is nothing on ATS to cause it. No offence, but most posts tend to be insane rants about how the US government is plotting to kill all of us or threads designed to attract the most attention possible.

But I think for my health and insanity I should not always jump into conclusions and automatically believe everything I read or hear on here is true. You have to admit, you would feel better to if all of this was just....there for us to read and not all was true.

I'm sorry, but some of the stuff on ATS is far from the truth or even fact. Certain topics cannot be proven, just have to be taken at face value. You have to be very paranoid if you believe everything on the internet.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I dont believe everything I hear on this page that's what I am trying to say but just with everyday issues and responsibility, its like you cant handle the stuff you read on here. That is what I am trying to say. I don't believe everything that I read on the internet either. I don't worry about that. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Think about it this way, as it helps: Of all the things that can kill only one will end up actually doing it, so why worry about all of them?

ATS is great and there's a lot of truth between the lines, but there's also a lot of not so smart people, a lot of missinterpretation of events, a lot of lies and disinformation. In this context it pays to have an open mind tempered with skepticism, because while there is indeed a lot of bad things in the world, there is also a lot of good things cancelling them out. And the future is all you want it to be.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It may be due to the nature of the world today, but definitely there is a majority of negativity, both in the topics and the responses. I understand these are crazy times, no doubt. It is just refreshing once in a while to get some positive messages in this forum!

Not all is bad and corrupt. It's too bad those things are not as interesting.

"Eye on the TV cuz tragedy thrills me / whatever flavor it happens to be"

- Vicarious by Tool

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I do sometimes find despair when i look to the internet, but that is only natural.

Being unable to see how one's words have an effect on the procedings is an unfortunate perspective to have, no matter who you are.

Rest assured, however - no matter how small the word, someone will hear.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would read and watch other things besides ATS.

Just keep in my mind that everything has its slant and every "news" outlet is owned by somebody with a point of view to get across.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Relax dude.... your not using the net right thats all....

Don't let life get to you, nor the net. Lifes too short mate.

Prep your BOB and sit back and relx a bit.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I get what you are saying, many feel the same way. It's sometimes difficult to face everyday life after reading some of the threads on ATS. I mean if even a third of this stuff is true, how does the world keep spinning? It also makes one question the nature of reality. Is reality what you experience in your daily life or what you read/see as substantiated and explained on the web?

If all of us focused on the reality that is our daily lives, the world would get better and better. I would say you have a pretty healthy outlook...all things in moderation. So if it is a problem, let it go for now. But before you opt out, I would suggest you read Skyfloating's thread on the Nature of Importance. It may help you sort through things.

Peace

[edit on 24/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

top topics

join