It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Traveling Rant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Oh wow. I thought I could handle traveling with 2 dogs, a bird, 3 teenagers, a husband and my mother!

A 3 hour trip turned into 7 hours.
I’m not joking here. We got a late start to begin with. And then we needed to get to the bank . So ok we go to the bank get all the business done there no more than 10 minutes. Good timing you would think! From there to fill up the tank put air in the tires etc.. make sure ready for a 1100 mile trip. However, first day was only from Miami to Orlando to do some business there. So here we go from gas to the kids screaming they are hungry. Ok we just got on the road but they are dying from starvation now so they have to eat. All together and hour and half there!

Get back on the road 30 minutes later one of the kids need to go to the bathrooms. Ok we stop but now not just one kid but all of them and my mom. Not too mention the 2 dogs who also just went 30 minutes ago!

Back on the road now during this whole time I’m having to listen to my mother rattling plastic the whole time. Somehow she managed to bring coke, popcorn, candy, and plastic bags. And she literally made them rattle or had something in her mouth the whole time!!!!! I thought I would scream.

On top of this I had to hear 3 teens different music. 2 with ear phones that was coming through and one without.

I couldn’t stand it no more. So I dig through my purse and find earplugs I sometimes use at night. They did not do the job not with 3 different peoples music and another non stop rattling or chewing.

I thought my 3 hour trip which turned into 7 hours was never going to end.

Oh and tomorrow starts the real 1100 mile journey. I’m not going to make it. :bnghd:

Hey everyone I forgot to say for you guys to add your traveling adventures. It would be nice to read some of yours. So please go ahead and post them. When I come on later tonight I’ll be able to read them.
See if mines the only one this bad. :bnghd:

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hahahaha!!! I swear I did NOTHING!!!

btw.....have fun tomorrow! mwahahahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Evil!!! I tell you, your all evil!!! Oh how am I going to make it tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
lots of benedryl in your coke?......

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
HA!

my bro sits next to me when we go on trips, he listens to his music and i can hear EVERY WORD in his screaming rock songs, then i tell him to turn it down and he says its quiet!

may i suggest buying a book and some industrial strength ear muffs?

best of luck with your minnie devils (excuse my stupid pun)

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh that is so funny, “Minnie devils” Yes she is the leader of them all. This I do know. LOL.

Now where can I get industrial strength ear muffs before 7 am?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how many stops we will make in an hours time tomorrow! Today we stopped every hour on the hour.

I don't know why, I wasn't driving! I was the one Silently losing all control.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
mind telling me where you're going? might look up a map of hardware shops in your track

and if ya want a book i suggest Garth Nix or Matthew Reilly (both Aussie writers)
Asala also reads Reilly she likes them too. serious about your mental health here, block those wretched Minnie Devils out! (
to you Minnie!
)

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

two words:
Luggage Rack!

It worked for Aunt Edna
Great for luggage too!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Oh wow space that was a funny movie. They had it easy compared to me. LOL On top of this he has just informed me we have a flat on the cargo trailer that is pulled behind us and now he has to change it. :bnghd: This trip is just starting out. It hasn't started off well so far. I have faith.
tomorrow will be better. Although, I'm not a bit tired and were leaving in like 5 hours to get on the road again. Lets bet we won't leave till noon. Another late start. :bnghd:

Maybe I will sleep through it all tomorrow, I doubt it though. I'm hiding my moms bags that rattle and her popcorn and candy. mwahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It'll be fine.
tomorrow, just when you are bored out of your gourd, you'll fall asleep.
All the things that might break late at night, on the freeway, are breaking now.
Instead of at a bad time or place.

you're working the bugs out first, that's a good thing.

Put everyone that annoys you on top of the car, and strap em down.
They can work the bugs out of their teeth later. LOL

You hear that Minnie?!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It was funny during one of the stops. I turn around look at my kids and say, “ oh my gosh! I’m not going to make it. They immediately all started laughing at me.” They knew what I was talking about with my mom’s rattling of the bags non-stop and snacking. I’m not joking. Oh my gosh somehow it takes her 15 minutes to fold up a popcorn bag. Then she starts with the candy. Then back to the popcorn. I’m screaming in my head.

My ears were hurting. LOL. The kids have their music and they are so ignoring it all. I’m also hearing their music. They are in their own world. However, my mom gets back in to the car and Minnie text’s me. Making fun and saying, “ I give you tomorrow before you snap. Mahaaaa” She’s laughing at me. “ I text’s her back I give me a couple of hours.” LOL.

I didn’t snap yet. So far I made it. Tomorrow I think I may keep a log of the events to keep it funny. LOL. Maybe then I will handle it better.

Yes on top of the car is the best place for them all. Then I have a peaceful trip. “Who was that, um, someone just flew off the car.” LOL. I’m so mean.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Hey!! So far Im the LEAST annoying!!!
Ive got to say, my grandma has been pretty annoying. lol
My sis ties with her though!

ALL the whining about our bro poking her or looking at her!! or anything like that!!! omg! ARGH! :bnghd:

I sit in the very back minding my own business!

Half the time if im not on the phone talking or texting my bf then im asleep! lol T_T

so, HMPH!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by minnie

LOL, ok then.
You're in charge of strapping them down, securely (or not).
Tell them it's like one of those double-decker buses in London.
Open-air style.
Make sure you mention something about not spitting into the wind, that's always good advice.

(note to self, invent silent cellophane bags)

[edit on 24-6-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Make sure you mention something about not spitting into the wind, that's always good advice.

(note to self, invent silent cellophane bags)

You mean they should be spitting into the wind, to see who's spit goes futher, right?! Haaaa Haaaa That will teach them.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
open her food at home and put it in SILENT freezer bags with a wire tie on the top

that or seek revenge by doing something she hates BWAHAHAHAAHA

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

hmm, good idea, a contest..makes the traveling time just fly by!
Better than slug-bug, or Cadillac whack..too many bruises.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The annoyance continues for pete's sake! omg! :bnghd:

Finally my sis fell asleep so she quit complaining about me being on my comp... but mamma keeps snoring!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Oh minnie that is funny. She's snoring. I'm laughing how you going to go to sleep.

Goodnight minnie I'm logging off tonight for a little myself. Have a good night. ROfL

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Ok here we go day 2 of this trip. Lets see already going to be starting off way late. Husband is still asleep as with everyone else.

I woke him and reminded him of the tire that still needs changed, he was too tired last night to do it. Plus we still have the business we had to do here. He wants another hour of sleep.
I said ok.

So looks like another late start today. I’m going to give an estimate on the road today at lets say 2 pm. That’s my prediction after everything is done. If I’m right that is extremely late start. So now only time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join