It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Echelon Key Words

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I do find this sort of thing very interesting though. A little skeptical over the list because it says "a, b, c, d" are all targeted. Seems a little strange.

Some people said the list was old so a new list would be good. What with supercomputers these days I bet they can process a list 100 times larger than that one at a tenth of the speed. The list must be enormous.

Who remembers the film "Seven" where Morgan Freeman says that governments flag certain books in libraries. I wonder if that is true ...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well I assume that 95% of any phone call or email or whatever that anyone has ever done has been flagged then.

Cant say I care though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
if I post a specific subject on a thread here it comes up in the google search engine. I was amazed to find one of my threads on there the other day for the whole world to read!!! After this thread isn't the government definitely going to find out about this thread, then the entire website and begin even more hardcore monitoring of it?? Also, why would the government watchout for the word Lacrosse?

Lacrosse is a city in west central wisconsin. apparently it has some interest for them.

Maybe they just like the sport?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Some people said the list was old so a new list would be good. What with supercomputers these days I bet they can process a list 100 times larger than that one at a tenth of the speed. The list must be enormous.

But remember that too big lists would be a bit useless. I mean, the bigger the list, the larger the amount of websites, emails, etc. that are caught by it, until soon you will be having "all the web pages + all the emails" (etc.). So you may as well just not even use a list at that point.

So the size of the list is not the issue - even an old computer can easily "process" a huge amount of plain TEXT - text doesn't take much space or processing power to display or "process" (whatever this means). Bandwidth comes to question sooner, but with just text, even that is not really an issue. The usability of a list is more important. I mean, what's the use of having a list with every single word of a given language on it? It'd be completely useless!

So the bigger the list, the more useless it becomes, because even adding just one word will immediately expand the 'suspects' or 'targeted individuals' by a great amount. People write a lot of text into the internet, and they do write strange and disturbing things as well as trivial and humorous stuff, and anything inbetween - there's no point in including all of that into 'texts to be intercepted'.

By the way, I have mentioned it somewhere before, but there was a prediction about everyone's all information being stored in a supercomputer in France. This prediction was made in the early-to-mid-90's, according to my memory. Now there IS a supercomputer in France, to my astonishment (I didn't believe the prediction at the time). Maybe the LHD was just an excuse to build a really powerful computer system... who knows.

This supercomputer was supposed to also be used together with the microchips to control people, but this hasn't obviously happened (yet). And I don't see that happening in the near future - obviously 'their' plan hasn't progressed in the linear fashion that they probably originally envisioned. The rise of the internet probably slowed them down quite a lot.

I am a bit skeptical about this sort of lists as well, because .. where would an ATS poster actually get such a list from?

And secondly, why would TIE FIGHTER be on the list? I mean, come on! That's a fictional spaceship in a science fiction space opera movie series!

I mean, when you look at that list, you are bound to scratch your head a bit over some of the words and wonder why would they include such a word..

.. still, who knows. It is a crazy and weird world.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lordlefty

I purposely sought out this thread to flag it, bring it back to light and to add this to the list.

Nearly 14 years later and all # has broken loose. You know, I lurked this web site for a decade before I joined and many, many people on ATS are suspicious AF. I'm not talking about disagreement. I'm good with not everyone being alike or thinking the same way. I'm talking about mimicry, deception, disinformation and the tendency for a certain group of members to rely on gang bullying as if the verbal strongman attack works against anyone smarter than a pencil. Give me a # break.
For those of you who are participating in these activities, I see you. You aren't fooling everyone. And, if they are the best the IC has to offer, we are all #ed. Js. You are terrible at your job.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

So much for France. Now we know that ALL internet activity goes through an internet firehose of sorts directly to the NSA. It isn't stored in the CPU there, just go to Utah.

If someone had suggested that in 2004, they would've been laughed at and bullied into submission.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am screwed. I am a cat Lady and one of my cats is named Merlin. Oh well

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lordlefty

Bubba, the love sponge? I've heard his show....but, then again, there's lots of just regular everyday words listed too

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
"a Bomb of broken"

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Okay, I'll bite: why was 'Trump' a flaggable keyword in 2004?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sugeshotcha

All threads on this site are accessible to everyone
edit on 19-5-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thirteen years ago.........

If you believe it might true, why did you post all of them here? Do you have something against ATS?

Wink
Buck

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join