It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Resolution Demands Bush Act on Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Our Japanese oil embargo, our seizure of all Japanese assets, and the fact that we were supplying the Allies with money, weapons, and supplies.

Mainly the oil embargo.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Ah, so they lack refineries. OK, I'll give on that one, thaks for the info!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by groverHouse Republican Rep. Birantus, a Greek Orthodox Jew, Republican-Neo-Con of Florida is one of the sponsors for this. AIPAC has many members of Congress which pass bill that cause conflict in East, due to this powerful, bias Jewish Lobby. Joe Lieberman is a more will known, dual citizen of Israel. He's also trying to condemn Turkey for sending troops to save the turkish population in Cyprus, as the UN repeatively refused to help them. Now they are blaming Turkey, whose people would have been completely anniated had their Army not intervened. Greece still wants "All of Cyprus" and has strange ties, with Israelite Ashkenazis, there is some blood connection but, one must trace history way back, to the 750-1000AC to understand it. Astara

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well for for the sake of facts, the resolution clearly says it wont be used to invade iran "Whereas nothing in this resolution shall be construed as an authorization of the use of force against Iran:"
thomas.loc.gov...:H.CON.RES.362:

hmm i posted too slowly

[edit on 22-7-2008 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Yes, the wishes of the American people are truly being pooped on today. They know that they will never face repercussions for disregarding us, because we don't truly elect them. The millions they make from these wars are just bones, and the dems and reps are just dogs - being fed those bones by their masters in corporate America who are making BILLIONS from the same war deals and twisted lies. It's those corporations who are eating the steak from which the bones are pulled.

People in America don't want to see this. Sure, I know a lot of people who want to see Achmedinuts put to sleep, and I believe we have the power to win a war there, but I don't know anyone who really thinks we should be over there bringing war to the whole nation. And I don't either.

This is just terrible news. Out of curiosity, does Obama support this? I'd sure like to know if he really is about "change," or if he's just talking to dumb people who like to fall for buzzwords with all that crap (I have a hunch it's the buzzwords.)

well...he's in israel today.

and

he's already said he'd attack iran. a few times if i remember correctly.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is nothing but a dog and pony show. Just a bunch of politicians on both side trying to fool us, Americans, into believing that they are really serious about Iran. This is the kind of feel good legislation this Congress has been passing for many years. This is the reason we can't move this country in a positive direction. A fart in the wind has more power than this piece of legislation.

And for those of you who talk about Bush taking us into another war, please inform yourself about the War Powers Act and the constitution. It might help you realize what Congress is also responsible for the Iraq war. Probaly even more than Bush.

The War Powers Act of 1973 (Pub.L. 93-148), also referred to as the War Powers Resolution, is a resolution of the Congress of The United States of America that stated that the President of The United States of America can send troops into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States of America is already under attack or serious threat. The War Powers Act requires that the president notify Congress within 48 hours of committing troops to military action and forbids troops from remaining for more than 60 days without an authorization of force or a declaration of war.

source

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join