It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Teams Drill For 'Crowd Control'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Police Teams Drill For 'Crowd Control'

www.mlive.com

The newly formed Mobile Field Force is made up of 102 officers from around the county. It marks the first time each of the 11 police agencies in Washtenaw County is sharing personnel and resources for the same team, said Ann Arbor Police Sgt. Matt Lige, the team coordinator.The force will be called on to keep the peace during large rallies, sporting events and visits from controversial speakers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Seems to be a recurring theme in recent months. We've got military excercises taking place in urban environments, blackwater operating on public soil, and now multi-jurisdictional "crowd control" excercises such as this. Shaping up for something soon? You be the judge...

Notice the last sentence in the OP? "Controversial speakers"...Such as? Former Whitehouse staffers perhaps? Folks like Rove, or Rummy?

"There is a mob mentality that plays into this when a situation begins to get out of control, and (that is) when we'll try to intervene early to prevent the rally or event from becoming civil unrest,'' Lige said.

The team has access to specialized equipment and will train regularly on tactics of responding to multiple large-scale scenarios, officials said. Funding comes from a $133,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

I found this last sentence to be particularly interesting, and yet another recurring theme: DHS funding these "crowd control" exercises and groups...Hmmm....

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well I guess this is needed for us "Criminals" that love to enjoy going to a sporting event or other function. I think the "Drills" should be conducted in Iowa and all other states that are in dire need of help.
I think something big is going to happen, and soon. I have noticed the local county sheriff's deputies are on the move more now in my area than in the past.. Even though they cry that their budget is low..
With the price of gas and food now so high, and in my area there are no jobs to be found, I think that this is the tip of the iceberg for what is to come. So the "Drills" will be needed to keep the starving masses in check..Just IMO

join