It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49% Say Government Should Regulate Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

I hope you are right. I think the internet is a godsend for mankind. Knowledge is power.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You’ve got your lies, your damn lies, and your statistics. You can add to that list poll numbers. Figures don’t lie, but liars do figure. This is an early trial balloon in the inevitable attack on internet freedom that’s coming, IMO. You don’t want to be the outcast loner looser dead ender looney tune that doesn’t agree with the majority do you? Better get on board the tyranny train, or you won’t be able to get a date.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Why must we always rely on the Government to protect us, i wonder?

Because 'us' are mindless apathetic sheep that don't even know when the Ocean receeds quickly a Tsunami is right behind... 'us' is out there picking up the pretty sea shells while the natives say "Boys... no fishing today. we will go to the temple on the hill and worship"

The Gov says 'terrorist' attacked us... we say okay and shell out at the pumps and send our kids to their death

Mindless Apathetic Sheep

So exactly WHY are we paying Saudi Arabia 137.00 a barrel for oil when Venezuela offered us cut rates?

Repeat after me

MMMAAAHHHHHHHHH

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I prefer to say Baaahhhhhaaaaa. But to each one in the herd his own.
. I agree. Do you think people will ever learn.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The only regulation I support is Network Neutrality. But will that happen? Never in my lifetime....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Who knows? Sometimes I think the only reason things are so controlled is because we act like things are so controlled. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy if you will.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Were do they get these %'s at?

I never got something in the mail or never get to vote in any of these %'s.

I think people just come up with these statistics.....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
hmmm...Regulating the internet I think would be a task too broad for the Government to handle...at least that's my 2 cents : )

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yeah im sure they are just trying to make us believe half of us want that.

Like we want it regulated but nobody asks how it will be regulated. I think things have to be specified first.

Yea statistics schmatisitcs. Theres no way thats right.

What are they polling all the senior citizens who cant even use a damn computer. Anyone over 65 shouldnt even be able to vote on this lol. Let them vote on what happens to newspapers.

Fear Fear Fear...my god. Everything that happens in life is apart of life and is on the net. Accept that as life and deal with it. Why do we need to censor life? Children can handle lots, just not stupid old people.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
How could they regulate the inernet? The concept is a logistical impossibility. The internet is global, and most of which is contained outside their jurisdiction.

Even if the world governments decided to sit around and nitpick the internet, it is growing faster than they could censor it. It is a living entity.

Now they could maintain a free internet as they are already doing. Which I think would be more likely to occur and more widely accepted.

Not entirely true.. They can control the main hubs and transparent bridges. Sure, they can't control every network plugged in, but it can get to the point where it takes so many hops (going around the main hubs because our favorite sites will be blacklisted) that it will take hours to surf a couple of pages. Its entirely possible to take a foothold on the net, provided the ISPs comply with the government.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, I suppose that they could easily regulate what we can see on the internet via the service providers. Whilst it won't say that a page is blocked, methinks that one can easily screw with the US-based search engines such as the ever-popular Google in such a way that sites they deem "dangerous" would not even come up on a search. However, this may or may not include ATS; the amount of "lolol hay guiz I sawr an alien" threads there are is enough to convince the general public that we're all nutcases.
Well, lots of us are, but there's also the percentage of us that have intelligence and don't go around saying that we saw/conversed with/deeply insulted an alien just to screw around with the gullible ones here.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by LiquidTheBrit0]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join