It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s New Presidential Seal Likely Illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dont know what people think of this one.Its either funny or makes sense in a way to have your voters imagine you as President.

Just in case you didn’t think the Obama campaign couldn’t get more arrogant, the Obama campaign unveiled a new Presidential Seal in his run for the Presidency. I’m not sure if this is just supposed to be a cheap campaign gimmick or we’re supposed to actually take this seriously. Is Obama really supposed to look more “presidential” sitting behind this thing?

The hilarious thing is that this silly seal might just land him or one of his staffers in jail for 6 months because it’s an obvious rip off of the Seal of the President among others.

blogs.trb.com...
Story
www.neoconstant.com...
[edit on 23-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Pfffff. I don't think it will do much at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think we should take a closer look at that seal and make sure there

is not a hidden message of Anti Christ in there. This doesnt bode well, and it makes me gag.
Something is not right.

I dont get it and it gives me the creeps.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
what is so offensive about obama using the seal in his new logo?

You make it sound like the man has intentions of changing the national identity and putting his face on the 5 dollar bill.

How is what he did any different than

This

Or This

or Bush's manipulation of the star field in the flag Here

Whats the difference?
Oh thats right - there are laws that say you can't manipulate and desecreate the flag

there arent laws that say you can't use the eagle from the federal seal in any imagery

he's embracing the image
not disgracing it.

Here is a good side-by-side comparison shot of the two images in question.

What are the resemblences?

1.) They both have an eagle (not the same eage. just an eagle)
2.) they eagle is holding an olive branch and spears (though not the same olive branch and spears)
3.) they are both round
4.) they both have color

Thats it. That is the only thing that is the same about these two images.
Since its not a copy
or a reprint
its not illegal.

nice try.

another factory produced, run of the mill, attempt to debunk the man who challanges the very foundation that conservative values stand on.

Sorry that the 'right' is so against Obama, but this kind of garbage simply isnt the way to go about it.

think of it this way: when you create your custom avatar for the ATS forums - and you use the ATS logo as a part of your avatar, do you do it because you think that putting the ATS logo in your avatar makes it a better logo? do you do it because you think you should be running ats?

or do you incorporate the image into your avatar because you love ATS?

its funny to watch political adversaries dig up dirt on obama
they start getting desperate and spewing filth like this ( not aimed at OP, just whoever brought up this garbage in MSM to begin with)

they really should learn how to investigate, as they are a great disservice to the research community at large.

If Obama is for it, it must be illegal and wrong.

period?

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
to me its more than arrogance..

looks to me he want to try to change America....can you say 1 world leader budding.

not even president makin his own presidential seal.

flat creepy and should be illegal because he is running for president..yet again disrespecting our seal to change it to fit his need.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
so do you also get offended when you see someone wearing an american flag hat
or american flag boxers

how about an american flag 2 piece, very revealing, bikini?

because all 3 of those, technically, violate the flag code.

i think this is hilarious that the right is resorting to these types of attacks

cant just leave it at the mans religion and skin color
not we have to attack his artistic work too

notice how not a single attack has been aimed at his policies and voting records. Why? Because to reveal such things about the man makes mccain look horrible. they dont want to HAND the election to obama, do they?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I dont care if he made a seal with donald duck on it.I just found the news link and thought it was interesting.

18 USC Sec. 713 …
(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The latin phrase "Vero Possumus" means:

"Yes we can"

It looks like NERO Possumus, but is actually Vero.

Hey! Sure beats the heck outta "Novus Ordo Seclorum" !!

[edit on 6/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This "illegal" rumor is being discussed (and debunked) here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like my new Logo?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I dont care if its illegal,

I just think its creepy. What happens when he leaves office? Or is the implication that he wont??

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont care if its illegal,

I just think its creepy. What happens when he leaves office? Or is the implication that he wont??

He's not even elected yet! He's not changing the seal, he's just borrowing some of its own imagery for his campaign logo. Most people seem to be concerned about our current president's willingness to leave office, and you're already speculating about the next guy? Talk about in over your head.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Office? He's not in office. It's not like he's going to use this seal if he becomes president. It's just a little graphic, just like the little rectangle that said "CHANGE" on it.

What's got everyone so freaked out? It's ROUND now? It's got an eagle on it? It's blue? What's the problem?

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't see a problem! Obama is just pimping his new ride, the white house!
getting rid of the boring old logo that has been around forever!.

just the equivalent of putting some chrome 20's with the spinners on a Denali!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
here's the funniest part of the code

Whoever, except as directed by the United States Senate, or the Secretary of the Senate on its behalf, knowingly uses, manufactures, reproduces, sells or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seal of the United States Senate, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

as an article for official use of the government of the united states. Last time i checked, Obama is a senator. Senators are one the largest bodies in our government.

--- although ---- you could argue that this is very vague description of official use of the government. So onto my next point

As a side note - i'd love to once again point out that i find it HILARIOUS that this seal has made these people so angry. I seriously want you to picture this in your head

One of these neo-con whackos setting there watching TV, listening to Obama, as he makes them look bad by talking about their past voting records, their blatant disregard for the american people, and their lust-affair with big business, and BLAM!!!!!!! here comes the logo.

instead of attacking obama on the battle field, they pull out the 'your momma' insults in the form of "OH MY GOD!!! HE USED THE SEAL. SHOCK"

but refer to my post earlier in this thread for links to Bush dessecrating the flag (by flag code anyways)
personally, i see nothign wrong with displaying the american flag in the form of boxers or bikini's. I believe this shows one love for the flag. you'd have to have love for the flag to wear it - because lets be honest - its not really a fashion statement that you're going to be seeing on new york run-ways any time soon. - ANYWAYS - they fail to talk about that, i've brougth it up numerous times in thesse discussions and the room clears out, because they dont want to face up to it. Its not illegal for Obama to do what he did. Go read the code for yourself, i beg of you to do so.

/end rant
/start rebuttal

Shock note #1 GASP, DISBELIEF, AWE!! They have a blue eagle too! Clearly - if using an eagle is a treasonous act worthy of JAIL TIME, we could be building more jails just for this offense:

Narcotics Agency

Motor Makers - this one has a circle too!!!!

A big lending agency Oh my god. Do you think if its found illegal to use the seal like this that John McCain will want to bail out this bank too? * WARNING * this link will leave you breathless and distrought if you're anti-obama.

Them darn recreation centers!! they just dont know when to stop breaking the dang law

Maybe those high schools just havent learned about this "seal" law in American History class yet, ya think?

Those metal workers must have been too high on welding vapors to have remembered that you cant make a logo that resembles the presidential seal!!!

Shocking

and my personal favorite group of criminals?

Hollywood. They totall ripped off this sacred emblem and made MONEY off of it in a Recent Movie when they replace a bunch of spears with a scroll!!!
you can't be serious!!

/end sarcasm

All of those examples aside, the code its self, that has been referenced twice now in this thread, refutes the claims from desperate neo-cons to arrest Obama.
Go read it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

*snip* [edit by Andrew] Sorry - ObamaMamma, i didnt recognize the sarcasm

Why do some people take offense when a person decides to take pride in their country?

Its certainly more honorable than George Bush signing an American flag (reference flag code if you need clarification of why this is wrong)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I don't see what your problem is here. we are on the same side fella.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
you really arent contributing anything of any value to these threads.

I'm not sure that's fair to say.

I liked his/her post. I laughed. Sometimes a little comic relief is just what a thread needs. How about if we let the mods decide who's not contributing enough?

Besides, I can't get enough of ObamaMomma's avatar! That's hot!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If your comment was out of sarcasm, then i apologize and take back what i said. But if it was a serious notion that "hey he's just pimping out the white house" then i stick to my guns.

Same side or not.

There are many obama supports who are defeating the cause by saying "yeah i like obaam, BEACUSE HES BLACK" and other equally "trolling" comments that just give ammunition to the enemy.. There are idiots on both sides of the debate.

I am against idiots on my side, just as much as i am against idiots on McCains side.

If you were being funny - i apologize.
If you werent, maybe you should rethink who's side you're really on.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Sorry a bit of sarcasm, just voicing out what i think most Obama haters are probably thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What's got everyone so freaked out? It's ROUND now? It's got an eagle on it? It's blue? What's the problem?

i am voting this post for quote of the day!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join