It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon ruling may prompt 'Islamophobia'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Cartoon ruling may prompt 'Islamophobia'

www.news.com.au

THE Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC), a league of 57 Muslim nations, said a Danish court's rejection of a suit against a paper for printing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad could provoke "Islamophobia".

Last Thursday the High Court for western Denmark rejected a suit against Jyllands-Posten, the newspaper that first published cartoons of Islam's prophet, leading to deadly protests in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow. Is their faith so fragile that a cartoon can hurt them?

Another perfect example of why the planet should be cleansed of all religions.

This is plainly ridiculous.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

"Cleansed of all religion" So what you are saying is since the Islamic religion is bad, we should kill all the Jews, Christians, Hindu's, Catholic's, Muslims, Scientologists, Satanists, Luciferians, ect?

That amounts to about 90-95% of the people on the planet. How do you suppose we should be killed?

Maybe you should be the one that gets "cleansed".

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
"Cleansed of all religion" So what you are saying is since the Islamic religion is bad, we should kill all the Jews, Christians, Hindu's, Catholic's, Muslims, Scientologists, Satanists, Luciferians, ect?

Fantastic post, well done. I see that you have managed to type something that I never wrote and you went with your own interpretation.

Where did I mention killing billions of people? That's right, I never did. I mentioned that religions should be cleansed. Next time, stick to what's written and forget about adding your own fictional editorials.

Back to the topic, it's pretty damn obvious that religious councils who take offense at a comic are showing the levels of hypocrisy that they will take, by wanting to appeal in higher courts! What a joke.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I love the Danes. Anyone who has a bit of backbone and say "deal with it" to anyone making ridiculous demands over something as paltry as a cartoon gets my vote!

new topics

top topics

join