It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 92% believe in God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Majority of faithful believe other religions lead to eternal life, too

It is astonishing to me to see this high figures specially for the United States, it only takes a few readings in boards like this to make you think that there are far less people that would believe in any sorts of religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
from what I've found its not that people don't believe in God, its that they don't neccessarily believe in organized religion itself.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret Shadow

Well thats a good point, I know many also (myself included) that have a belief in a higher power but do not involve themselves in any type of orgnize religion although it does not bother me one bit when my wife or a friend ask me to go to a particular church.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret Shadow

I'll agree with that. I, personally, believe in a higher power of some sort, but I'm skeptical of organized religion. Being kicked out for asking questions will do that to you.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ya I was raised a southern baptist and still am but it doesn't bother me to go to another church either.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ya personally, i never liked the catholic church....it always seemed hypocritical that they should adhere to a vow of poverty and yet they have the biggest churches with everything made of gold and jewel encrusted, not to mention alot of the things that they did in medieval times were pretty immoral. I guess you cant really hold what happened nearly a thousand years ago against them either though, but even now the notion that they just get to make up sins at the whim of a vote just doesn't seem right either

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
whoops...double post :shk::bnghd:

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Secret Shadow]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That's astounding that the figures are so high, I had no clue. You're right, after perusing forums like this often enough you begin to think that the entire world is the same way

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

That's pretty much how I see things about religion and God! My personal opinion is most people go to church to make themselves look better to the public. If you're fishing for phonies you can find them at your local church, spurt out scriptures and never even listening to the message!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
well...it all depends on how you define god, doesn't it?

i guess many believe in god in some way, even if they don't follow some sort of traditional concept.

there are many who just have some sort of basic spirituality, but nothing that seems "religious"

new topics

top topics

join