It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We allow the Government to control us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Most of ATS deals with how the government betrays,lies, cheats, steals, controls, and manipulates us along with millions of other things that the government does that irritate us. However, we the American people are the problem. We jump, yell, holler, scream, curse, etc. because the injustice we see but we seldom confront. Sure, every now and then we write our representatives only to receive a thank you letter from their aides. But it makes us feel good that we tried to make a difference. Unfortunately, the situation stays the same.

Politics is nothing more than a number game and the majority is being controlled because we are all divided. America is a divided melting pot. Each race looking out for his or her own kind. Yes we mingle, socialize and work together, but when it comes to government issues we tend to side with our own race. Blacks won't vote for Mccain because he's white and whites won't vote for Obama because he's black is a prime example. The government realizes this and intends to keep us divided. This is the only way they can control us. This is the reason we are always bickering about race issues instead of the issues. This is the reason we stereotype each other. Do you mean to tell me that we Americans, regardless of race, have no common ground? We all have the desire to live the American dream, the desire to take care of our family, the desire to live in a peaceful environment, the desire to get ahead in life, in addition to millions of other things we all have in common.

Could you imagine having 250 million Americans demanding Congress to give us their prestige health care plan or one of similar fashion? Could you imagine having 250 million Americans demanding Congress to give us their retirement plan instead of the measly social security plan we have? Congress would have no choice but to give us what we want. Why? Because 250 million people represent all walks of life who have united based on common grounds and or beliefs shared by all races. The government wouldn't be able to conspire so easily against us, tax us to death, get rich off our labor and all the other absurd things they do that don't benefit us as a whole. Currently, the system is broke.

Only a few people or entities benefit from each legislation that is passed. It's all about the money. We as Americans have got to quit bickering over race and unite based on common grounds. This system of what can you do for my race is not working. Have you ever notice that politicians seem to mostly speak to segregated groups, Irish community, Black community, Hispanic community, Asian community, etc. And to each community they make a separate promise based on what that race is asking for. Ultimately, neither race gets what was promise to them.

Common grounds shared by all is the only way the American people will control the government rather than the government controlling the people. Which do you desire? I say it's time to unite.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
no, it's the government that allows corporate influence, the central banks and foreign lobbies, all those should be illegal in a real free society.

it's the greed of a small group...

Grey Magic

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Umm...I'm white and I'm voting for Obama. So is my wife. So is her family.

I hear what you're saying, though. I just think a bigger factor is simply that the majority of people don't care anymore. They get up, go to work, go home, eat dinner, watch TV, and go to bed...then repeat. They don't want to rock the boat. Are they happy? Maybe, maybe not. But they're comfortable, and don't want to take the chance of losing that comfort.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

The example I stated does not apply to all. What it means is that the politicians and news media are always stating what race is going to vote for which canidate. As a result we get baited into the race issue. I agree with your point about not caring. They don't care because politicians are filled with broken promises.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
LOL You think voting for Obama is going to change anything?Its just going to make America even worse.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by alienstar]

new topics

top topics

join