It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Things Wrong With the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
You have a great deal of intelegence shadowflux, i however am only 16 and some aspects of what you say seam a little "alien" to me, but even me and the other youth today aren't blind to the problems going on around us, naturally most of us ignore it because we are young and naive, but some of us are not so blind, i beleive i have found 2 other faults in todays modern way of living, i dont know what the best and most convinsing way to word this is but my view is this...

[1]i have a girlfriend, and to me she is perfect, beautiful in evey way. And the problem is that she doesn't beleive me whenever i say so, todays media has seamed to brain wash todays public into thinking if a girl is not a size 4 waist a 32DD long (obviously fake) blonde hair and an obsessive flirt, then she is ot to be considered beautiful. and i wonder sometimes just how as an entire race became so incredably wrong about live, i dont know how long our race has existed for, but surely a one point we had it at least a little bit better figured out than we do now.

[2]Also another thing i beleive to be wrong with the world is in some way agreeing with "JOINTHERESISTANCE" why all the hate? as you said earlier, about a black man working for a racist boss, why does the boss have to be racist? how could he possably find a reason to hate an entire race of people, the truth is that people pick out the indevidual in the street, there is plenty of room for prejudice in the modern times, when your everage joe walks down the street and sees a yound black male wearing a hoody with the hood up, hands in his pockets and looking down, the man would naturally be causious of the hoodie, and thats is becase we have stereotyped, young blakc males as troublemakers, and what anoys me more than anything is that most of the time this isn't the case how do we know that the teenage boy isn't just cold and tryign to warm up inside his hood, he ha sensative eyes and the wind is blowing in them, but becuase we are traveling the oposite way we wouldn't notce the wind, what if the boy in the hood was, just like us, worrying for his own wellbeing, how do we know that he wasn't just trying to keep out of trouble aswell,to conclude my argument if people look for reasons to accept situations as when they could be then there wouldn't be a need to be causious instead of walking with a frown, walk with a smile. Who knows you just might feel a little better.

and just to put this to rest. Many people say that there are a lot of things wrong with the world today, but is there? is it the world thats wrong? or is it just us?
did the world create racism?
did the world stereotype the youth of today?
did the world cause any of the problems mentioned in this entire descussion?

NO, its us with the problem...

<< 1   >>

join