It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what company(s) do you hate the most?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I would add Dell to the list. You want to know why the owner is the 12th richest man in the world? Because he took a homegrown American company and outsourced it to India and the Philippines. Any places that were open in north america are either closed or closing. Does that answer what the problem is?

You are blaming the wrong person. You should be blaming the government for increasing corporate taxes and regulation so high that they are forced to move in order to stay in business. I understand your frustration but you are not blaming the correct people.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

why do small business account for 52% of all U.S. workers?

You're quoting the dam* government ... what do you expect them to say. usinfo.state.gov...

Now, I'm convinced you feel everyone is happily working and everyone is making lots of money and everyone is happy and we have the corporations to thank -- what do you make with this in your meat grinder:

The new world order which comes hand-in-glove with the merging of Communism and Capitalism into globalist practices ... is a house of cards without any real sustainability. It’s a fact, 200 multinational transnational corporations control ... and their shareholders own ... over 95% of all private business which is not owned by individual privateers, and are reaping most of the benefit.

The flipside of this coin is that all of this economic activity employs only 0.3 per cent of the global workforce.

~ Big Oil & the War on Drugs and Terrorism, by Siegfried E. Tischler, PhD, excerpted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 11, Number 4 Jun-Jul 2004

[edit on 24-6-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Rook1545
I would add Dell to the list. You want to know why the owner is the 12th richest man in the world? Because he took a homegrown American company and outsourced it to India and the Philippines. Any places that were open in north america are either closed or closing. Does that answer what the problem is?

You are blaming the wrong person. You should be blaming the government for increasing corporate taxes and regulation so high that they are forced to move in order to stay in business. I understand your frustration but you are not blaming the correct people.

Nope, I blame the company because they moved to a place where they could get cheaper employees. Also because they are now screwing every new employee they get by making it mandatory that they waive all rights to severance pay and unemployment benefits. When they are making over $2 billion a year in profit, I hardly think they are having issues staying in business.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
Buddy, you're the only one that said anything about glass bottles. Just because you might hate Mexicans and might be a racist doesn't mean they can't like homemade Mexican food better than Taco Bell, does it?

Huh? What?
Do you comprehend what you are reading? Apparently not.
No, go back and read some previous posts and you will see a poster talking about glass bottles and Taco Bell. Plus you totally missed the point.
How on Earth you gather I would hate mexicans is beyond comprehension. Please focus and try and comprehend what you are reading, please.

What country are you from.

If you cannot tell by my avatar and comments under the avatar then you are not very perceptive.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You're quoting the dam* government ... what do you expect them to say.

** SIGH **Those are official numbers and are not in dispute. Please show me numbers that refute those. Good Lord.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody
I would have to say my least favorite company is Comcast they are robbibng me blind!!

Me too. I hate 'em. BUT, if you go in to one of their offices and make friends with the person who takes your money, then ask them for the phone number to call that has those people who can reduce your charges.

I got them to reduce mine from $45 to $20 for three months. OTHERTIMES I quit the service and turn in my modem for three months. then I sign up again as a new customer and get the $20 fee not the $45 for internet.

The only reason I keep it, primarily, if for ATS.

In fact since Comcast LOST all the lost all the tags in their hook-up room at my apts and they don't know which line goes where on most of the hookups, every time I quit for 3 months they charge me connect fees all over again -- except they never disconnected it in the first place so they can't connect it because they don't know which line is mine since they're not marked, so when I tell them this over this phone, usually they removed the new hookup charge.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This was posted twice somehow by mistake, so I removed the text.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

"I say let Bush invade Iran!
...just as long as it is him alone. In a ford pinto. with a watergun. wearing a clown outfit. " - TheRepublic

I totally agree with you. Except, can't we just maybe cut off his *ick since he and his father have had several hundred civilian Iraqi slaughered AND BECAUSE 6 U.S. SOLDIERS COMMIT SUICIDE EVERY DAY!!!! -- for a total of 30,000 so far -- compared with "4,000 U.S. war casualties" TOTAL HORSESH*T.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

You're quoting the dam* government ... what do you expect them to say.

** SIGH **Those are official numbers and are not in dispute. Please show me numbers that refute those. Good Lord.

Exasperating isnt it? This thread is comedy.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Did anyone mention ExxonMobile yet?

Or BP?

Or Chevron?????

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Exasperating isnt it? This thread is comedy.

You just figured that out? Of course major transnationals are in a black comedy to exterminate us ... I'm sure you've noticed that. Although I doubt you got a laugh out of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
McDonald's for being one of the first companies to really exploit our children by targeting them specifically in ad campaigns.

WalMart for destroying small town America

The government- yep one big company to me- for being so completely incompetent and making me feel like David facing Goliath...except I have no slingshot and they sold me some sand telling me it was a rock.

The FDA- for making Columbia look like a humble walk-in role in a Cheech and Chong movie

Haliburton- do you think that when Dick Cheney throws back his bed covers in the morning that toads spill out?

Taco Bell- for being so deliciously addictive!

Banks- for being just a bad idea in general

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

If you cannot tell by my avatar and comments under the avatar then you are not very perceptive.

It looks like you're from the country of '___'. One thing's for sure, you're behaving like a raving nationalist, and believe in drawing little lines around pieces of real estate and defending them to the death rather than sharing all wealth equally for all human beings.

What about that? What about caps on personal wealth? What about caps on corporate wealth? What about the fact money is make believe in the first place and just an excuse to enslave others. Who made you God, anyway.

I personally don't dislike you -- it's just that you've got to realize there are 6 billion others on the planet who also have just as much right to happiness and health and security as you do.

Limited natural resources is a lie. Limited food resources is a lie. There is only a lack of love.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's funny that people cite McDonald's and Wal-Mart, yet everyone empowers them by spending their money there.

I have several companies on my list, but the big ones I can't stand are the tobacco companies that make cigarettes. Phillip Morris for example. They create a product that they know will most likely kill people and engineer it to be addictive. Then they have the gaul to air a few television ads saying they sympathize with the fight against lung cancer, as if that makes it all right, yet they continue churning out their little sticks of death.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I hate Bush's oil companies, Mosanto, and most hated of all
Lockheed Martin

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Did anyone mention ExxonMobile yet? Or BP? Or Chevron?????

BP! is up for weedwacking. (Other two were mentioned.)

Thanks for mentioning BP.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I hate Bush's oil companies, Mosanto, and most hated of all
Lockheed Martin

Bush's oil companies are a score, not mentioned till you did.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hate burlington coat factory. From my personal experience. They offer benefits for full time employees but when you try to get these benefits you find out that its all smoke and mirrors. They refused to give me a vacation on a technicality, they never give raises, or sometimes fail to even review people and give them a show of maybe giving them a raise. They don't pay the employees who have gotten a pay increase for becoming a supervisor, mysteriously the extra 70 cents per hour just doesnt get applied to the check due to payroll errors or whatnot. Senior employees continue to work at lower pay while new employees recieve a higher wage and as I've said there will be no raises ever for anyone except the management who seem to get raises and multiple paid vacations per year.

The world we live in disgusts me. People think that some professions shouldnt pay a living wage yet these are vital jobs that if they werent filled the economy would collapse. Its greed and its inhumane. I can't even afford medical insurance because the medical benefits were 40% of my pay. Its ridiculous. How is anyone supposed to live like this.

Im so sick of this pyramid scheme civilization. I think we should take to the streets and pretend its "grand theft auto" in real life. But thats just my opinion, Anarchist to the bitter end. I want to see it all burn to ashes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Phillip Morris

I have a post for you that you might enjoy, it's about the European Union and South American suing Reynolds Tobacco for laundering heroin money with Camel cigarettes -- it's written by a former director of HUD who was forced out of private business by the same firm that represented Camels, )which was the same firm that started the private prison industry).

It's No 3 at this address 'The top 3 unknown conspiracies of our lifetimes': www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
I hate burlington coat factory. From my personal experience. They offer benefits for full time employees but when you try to get these benefits you find out that its all smoke and mirrors.

People think that some professions shouldnt pay a living wage yet these are vital jobs that if they werent filled the economy would collapse. Its greed and its inhumane. I can't even afford medical insurance because the medical benefits were 40% of my pay. Its ridiculous. How is anyone supposed to live like this.

Im so sick of this pyramid scheme civilization.

I'm sorry they're cheating you. I know what it feels like. The pyramid scheme civilization is totally discusting and revolting -- and fosters war and genocide.

Just keep in mind you're one of the few good people. If I had it to do over again, I'd go to a trade school and be a plumber. Sh*t, we're already up to our necks in it, anyway -- why not get paid for it.

There are some other good trades out there available in trade school. Usually a bunch pop up on yahoo when I sign on my email.

Once I went to corporate headquarters for Good Will in San Jose and they have a trade school there and cover the tuition. All of the Good Wills are supposed to offer training, but it's probably only at corporate they offer secretarial and computer and electronic assembly.

I'm totally sympathetic about the health care issue. Keep up your hope. Try to see a little bit of beauty and good in each day in the meantime.

I just hope you're in a loving relationship ... that's all that seems to really matter, beneath it all. I wish i was.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join