It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what company(s) do you hate the most?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The interesting aspect of the free market is your right to NOT do business with these firms. Conversely, many firms are striving to make it so that you HAVE to do business with them.

To look at curbing the issue realistically, we need to look at one can or cannot do without and whether or not its convenient to do so.

As I have seen stated in another post, we quibble over our diets, while in other nations, its a fine line between bountiful harvest and lying dead along a dirt road. We rage over our ISPs and cell phone service providers and make it appear as a life or death.

An Offering of a service becomes acceptance, and usage become expectation. When expectation becomes a lifestyle, then enter the lifestyle of DEMAND.

When the fences between getting what the average man needs or demands to support his family get too complicated and a system of red tape that breeds frustration like you see here, the boiling point comes and things begin to change.

Greed and the right to practice unregulated free market economy is starting to show its ugly side. We demand the service, they demand he money, and both of us have the right to do so. Welcome to capitalism.

Things are only going to get worse as resources diminish and population increases.

The price will go up, even when there is plenty for one simple reason.

Because they can.

Peace

[edit on 24-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Citi Financial - notoriously greedy, crooked predatory lender

Beneficial Mortgage - predatory lender, they target low income and uneducated borrowers, 10% + interest rates and closing costs that scale the edge of usury

Dun & Bradstreet - made billions extorting money from small business owners

Haliburton - obvious reasons

Any company who does research using dogs and other animals for means of torture and cruelty in the name science

Every insurance company and credit card lender out there = ALL crooks

Equifax, Experion and Transunion - privately owned, for profit organizations who rate and purposefully damage personal credit ratings in order to allow lenders and credit providers to fleece consumers by issuing unfair terms and conditions

the Internal Revenue Service - the extortion branch of the US government

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

The military/industrial complex and all the Federal branches... And notice I am not saying a federal government because in reality they are not a government over any real population but themselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
Don't forget about Bechtel. They definitely deserve to be on the list right up there next to halliburton.

You're absolutely right. Both corporations are controlled by interlocking directorates that also privately own the Fed. Bechel is based in San Francisco, and San Francisco is supposed to be an 'aware' city.

Goes to show you, ATS folks are aware, it seems everyone else might just be ignorantly serving their time.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownfrost

AT&T
Hey...I got a great idea...once we get dissolved because we are a monopoly, lets just start buying back all of our parts again!
FEMA

Nice post on AT&T. As I recall, they were originally part of IT&T. And, let's add FEMA because they're such f&ckups.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

No it's not that they make a butt-load of cash.

It's because they lie. They deceive and manipulate the public in order to increase profit. Sometimes even at the expense of our health!

I realize you are trying to be loyal and proud. Nothing wrong with that, except when it shields your eyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

Well, if that's the case, I would strongly suggest that you sell the computer and go out and buy some food, my friend.

What makes you think this is my computer?

Considering the replies you've posted for other comments, I find it more likely that you're just some bleeding-heart libbie who drives their Toyota Prius to the Supermarket to buy their MorningStar vegan patties for dinner with their multi-cultural, token minority friends.

Wow. Now I see why you have only negative points.

Do you love George Bush? You sound like it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenskeptical
Carlyle Group, Halliburton, Nike, Starbucks, Blackwater, The Federal Reserve, Viacom

Yep -- this are certainly in the top ten to nuke, in my book.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The absolute worst companies are the cigarette and beer makers. Their products have killed millions and they laugh all the way to the bank.

You know who else sucks besides the cigarette and beer makers -- the auto industry. All of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well, I'm glad that is not a reason you would hate a company. But I feel for some here, that is a reason.

It's because they lie. They deceive and manipulate the public in order to increase profit. Sometimes even at the expense of our health!
I realize you are trying to be loyal and proud. Nothing wrong with that, except when it shields your eyes.

At least you are giving some reasons unlike some here who just spout gibberish. Look, nothing is shielding my eyes because I never said that all companies are innocent little babies.

However, the OP was asking why you would HATE a company and some of the reasons posted make no sense. For example: Someone hates a company because they don't put their product in a glass bottle or because they feel Taco Bell is not real mexican food. I mean, are those legit reasons to HATE a corporation?

What companies did you have in mind when posting that they deceive and manipulate the public at the expense of their health?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Very intelligently and philosophically written.

However, I'm not sure there IS a free market, since the largest corporations buy up or destroy the smaller ones, then the largest ones merge.

It's really a monopoly, not a free market ... except for small fry hunters and gatherers.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would have to say my least favorite company is Comcast they are robbibng me blind!!

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Citi Financial - crooked predatory lender; Beneficial Mortgage - predatory lender, they target low income and uneducated borrowers, 10% + interest rates and closing costs that scale the edge of usury; Dun & Bradstreet - made billions extorting money from small business owners; Haliburton - obvious reasons.

Any company who does research animals for means of torture and cruelty in the name science; every insurance company and credit card lender; Equifax, Experion and Transunion - privately owned, for profit organizations who rate and purposefully damage personal credit ratings in order to allow lenders and credit providers to fleece consumers by issuing unfair terms and conditions the Internal Revenue Service - the extortion branch of the US government

Wow. This is great. So well thought out and so true and heartfelt. Ten stars. Thanks for contributing. Will show up at the top of the final list when I put it together.

And, do you mind if we crucify Equifax, Experion and Transunion?

And, I never stopped to think about EE&T (above) -- so busy being persecuted by them.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by counterterrorist]

[edit on 24-6-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen these one show up either

BASF
AVENTIS
BAYER
AGFA
DSM
UNILEVER

greets,

Grey Magic

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

This is an excellent point. Thanks for making it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
However, I'm not sure there IS a free market, since the largest corporations buy up or destroy the smaller ones, then the largest ones merge.
It's really a monopoly, not a free market ... except for small fry hunters and gatherers.

Really?
Then why do small business account for 52% of all U.S. workers?

Source

Many visitors from abroad are surprised to learn that even today, the U.S. economy is by no means dominated by giant corporations. Fully 99 percent of all independent enterprises in the country employ fewer than 500 people. These small enterprises account for 52 percent of all U.S. workers, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Some 19.6 million Americans work for companies employing fewer than 20 workers, 18.4 million work for firms employing between 20 and 99 workers, and 14.6 million work for firms with 100 to 499 workers. By contrast, 47.7 million Americans work for firms with 500 or more employees.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unite_life
reply to post by counterterrorist

The military/industrial complex and all the Federal branches... And notice I am not saying a federal government because in reality they are not a government over any real population but themselves.

Yes! the military/industrial complex and their federal branch demons.

And, you're quite perceptive in saying the federal goverment are not a government over any real population but themselves ... have you seen www.teamlaw.org... ??? I just can't figure it out. Maybe you can.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Charter Communication.

They should go down in flames.

And it would serve them totally right that as they're going down, they call 911, and get an automated operator that asks them 20 questions before they get to talk to a real person.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Why would you hate any major corporation? It makes no sense.
They provide jobs and money to lots of people. They also provide goods and services which you use and want. So what is the problem?

I would add Dell to the list. You want to know why the owner is the 12th richest man in the world? Because he took a homegrown American company and outsourced it to India and the Philippines. Any places that were open in north america are either closed or closing. Does that answer what the problem is?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

However, the OP was asking why you would HATE a company and some of the reasons posted make no sense. For example: Someone hates a company because they don't put their product in a glass bottle or because they feel Taco Bell is not real mexican food. I mean, are those legit reasons to HATE a corporation?

Buddy, you're the only one that said anything about glass bottles. Just because you might hate Mexicans and might be a racist doesn't mean they can't like homemade Mexican food better than Taco Bell, does it?

What's you're family background, anyway? What country are you from? Where do your ancestors come from.

Are you educated?

Do you work? What do you do?

I don't really dislike you at all, just think you might not be enjoying life as much as I'm not ... which would be a shame.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join