It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

thinkprogress.org

On Fox News Sunday this morning, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said that President Bush is more likely to attack Iran if he believes Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is going to be elected.

However, “if the president thought John McCain was going to be the next president, he would think it more appropriate to let the next president make that decision than do it on his way out,” Kristol said, reinforcing the fact that McCain is offering a third Bush term on Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Another disgusting and treasonous statement by Emperor Bush's cronies. Not only is bombing Iran an even worse idea than the Iraq Invasion was, for the American people to just shrug this off shows our true complicity under this corrupt administration. Why can't we listen to Dennis Kucinich? Oh, because we're too brainwashed by TV and whatnot to look at the real problems.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by evanmontegarde]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
that's pretty F*'ed up. so because obama might have the decency to leave them alone, bush will create the problem for us anyway - you know, just in case. super. thanks, ass.

as a US citizen I would like to ask the world community what they think we can do about this. seems like no matter what we do we're going to have another term of bush policies - either because one candidate wants to or because one candidate was forced to.

i have to wonder how long it will be until the international community gets sick of our crap and "liberates" us...pretty sad when the land of the free needs to be freed.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'd like to see Obama take an open stance against Bush, although it would mean he'd be rising to his bluff.

The question is, whether Obama realises Bush is bluffing or not.

He doesn't want to bomb Iran, but if Obama rises to his challenge he's going to have to.

At which point, we impeach Bush.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Despite your silly, radically biased posts and links, I have to wonder:

Did you just fail to read your links, or am I missing something when I read it?

The link says that this statement was made by "Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol."

However you, evanmontegarde, said it was, "Another disgusting and treasonous statement by Emperor Bush's cronies."

What's going on here? Did you even read the link? What am I missing?
Or are you so blinded by your zealous political bias that you didn't stop to read?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
First of all, the author of this thread broke one of the guidelines for posting in BAN: he distorted the original title.

The original title was

Kristol:Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

but the author deliberately left the name Kristol off of the beginning of the title.

It is obvious why he did it: to make it seem that these were Bush's words and not Kristol's.

An obvious fabrication. A lie to elicit more Bush-bashing.

But a lie nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
*boos the op for changing the name to avoid condemnation

This was a one-line post.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

I know
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
President Bush would probably attack Iran........if Senator Obama was there on a fact finding tour. So lets keep Barak Obama out of Iran until he is president.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Do you even know the who Bill Kristol is? Do you know what a "Neocon" is?

Have you read the "Project for a New American Century" (PNAC)?

PNAC is the doctrine that the Bush admin is following. It is the plan to take over the ME and hand it to Israel.

Neocon=Modern day Nazi

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Yeah. I hope that means I pass.
But seriously, I know who he is and what his leanings are.

This has nothing to do with the OP's attempt to lie and slander Bush. I know that the administration has ties to the PNAC, but it doesn't warrant implying that this was said by Bush or a member of his administration. That would be a lie; propaganda.

And I don't think it would be correct to state that the PNAC shares the same beliefs as the old Nazi party of Germany, because I doesn't. That's another propagandized attempt to slander it.

Christ, I don't like Bush or the PNAC, but I find real reasons.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join