It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra-terrestrial exposure law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Already Passed by Congress On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal.

According to a law already on the books: (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has been "extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by court order.

Here's the link to read the whole story: www.karenlyster.com...

(mod edit all caps title)

[edit on 22-6-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That's not very good....

I remember seeing this law. It's official and on the books.

Government: "but there aren't any aliens..."

Seems to me that Johnny C. could get you off by arguing that you couldn't possibly have had contact with that which does not exist, according to the same government trying to convict you, hehe...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So who was on ATS back then? good god, i would have imagined at least 3 pages of threads, anybody know why this wasnt that discussed?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So you'd get in trouble for talking to an alien? lol. What about abductees?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
you know its news like this that puts a smile on my face

great post!

i wonder if anyone has ever been detained with it?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Haven't you guy's seen the movie , E.T. , where the Government comes in and quarantines the Family and their house and E.T. too?

Same thing , that scene was based on this Law.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
anybody know why this wasnt that discussed?

Maybe they read about it on Snopes

the law allowed the government to prevent the possibility of biological contamination from pathogens carried to Earth by men and objects returning from space by enforcing a quarantine on any people, plant or animal life, or other material that had "touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope of any other celestial body."

Note that Title 14, Section 1211 did not make it "illegal" for "U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; it simply required those who had such contact to submit to a quarantine at the request of the government.

The fine and imprisonment don't come from contact, only if you "disregarded the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer."

[edit on 6/21/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh yeah and there is a similar situation portrayed in Close Encounters of the Third kind too.

Where the government comes in and quarantines the whole area, they bring in the scientists at that point. It's been a while since a watched the whole movie.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
That is why me and Zorog (my alien friend) moved to Australia. We are inseperable - well he is using my body as a host

Seriously though, isn't in NASAs best interest then to visit, contain, quarantine every experiencer / abductee ???

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There are a few schools of thought on this, and I certainly cannot pretend to know them all, but here's my take on this:

1. If the government has already had contact with these aliens and are working in collusion with them, then why all of the "illegal" stuff? Maybe for control of the population until they decide to disclose?

2. IF the government has already had contact with these aliens and they know they are pathological in nature and a public health threat then they need to pass laws like that. Wipe out the whole area if they are a risk to the human population on earth or risk said population. (The needs of the many far outway the needs of the few, and all that.)

3. If there are no aliens and just a couple of gullible senators and such pass random legislation as we all know they can and do.

Maybe it's all a waste of time, maybe it's not. But what can these laws hurt until we all know for sure?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How can the gov. know if an american citizen makes a contact with an alien or their craft?
I mean, there's this law with jail and fine penalty, someone makes a contact and goes running to the nearest police station begging to be locked up, taken to NASA's admnistrator who will determine if he really made contact. And after that he goes in for an year and pay 5grant.

What about the aliens? Are they known criminals? Have any of them ever been prosecuted and put in jail? Even paid 5000? Since when are aliens criminals? What is their crime?

So, if someone in abducted and probed will have to pay 5000 and go in for 1 year. What's he's crime, to sleep too much?

geeez

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Note that Title 14, Section 1211 did not make it "illegal" for "U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; it simply required those who had such contact to submit to a quarantine at the request of the government.

The fine and imprisonment don't come from contact, only if you "disregarded the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer."

It's not illegal to have contact with aliens. It only provides for a quarantine after any possible contact. The criminal penalties only come into play if you evade the quarantine.

Plus, the law was passed before we went to the moon and didn't know what to expect.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I believe that law was passed so that regardless of any situation arising,(i.e Astronauts talking about what they saw to the public when back to earth, or simply many other situations around some type of disclosure maybe?); it gave them absolute power to deal with the situation in anyway they saw fit.period. There is no argument to the contrary, let`s not forget that they were already monitoring the situation within their circle, especially after the Inferiority complex kicked in when our friends flew over the white house in 53.
It was the first time publicly that they were going into space and the world was watching, so that scared the hell out of them, they put in that law, so that now they were able to monitor people and not just the heavens, and then after the public pressure of Roswell became to overwhelming to handle they started publicly moving away from all things relating to extra-terrestrials, including publicly stating that-that law had served its purpose,... after 22 years?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
aliens on the vehicles? coolio. that sounds neet. thats all the evidence i need. believe and they shall come

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
""with or without a hearing "

That's not very good....

I remember seeing this law. It's official and on the books."

If you have been exposed to foreign microbes there is no telling how dangerous an individual can be. Lot's of people say they talk with greys etc. perhaps there is a reason why none have been arrested and prosecuted. Like maybe the government knows greys don't exist.

new topics

top topics

join