It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Reversal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Awesome post! This is a REALLY refreshing change from most of the "corporate elites/doomsday/sheep/911/nwo" threads we are usually exposed to on here. Comforting to find a thread where the OP has made a genuine attempt to help ppl become aware of this psychological phenomenon. No hidden agendas, satire, bait or politically motivated filth. It's posts like these that give ATS a good rep.

Thanks again

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Did I mention NLP?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree that 'shortcut' is perhaps the wrong term. And that 'awareness' is essential. A word about that: I think that the most commonly held idea of 'self-awareness' is actually detachment -- trying to 'step back' from yourself, objectifying your emotions and perceptions, removing your thought of yourself to another analytical place in your mind. I think there is more to 'self-awareness' than that: a unifying awareness of self, not dissociative, not alternating between 'acting' and 'observing' in self-reflection.

So the 'shortcut' isn't really a shortcut, it's more a transcendence of the 'long-cut'; a releasing of presumed dichotomies perhaps necessary at one stage of our mental developments.

Also, I don't want to evoke fear, but beware the possible dangers of the techniques mentioned in this thread! If you start to try and change your life by entering into a belief system where you draw from 'unlimited potential versions of yourself', that can very easily get out of hand and spiral into solipsistic projection. I, for one, don't want to live alone in a world of nothing but 'mirrors'! So if that sounds like a scary possibility, realize that the fear from such an internal 'unknown' may be holding back an awareness necessary to happy success.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I, for one, don't want to live alone in a world of nothing but 'mirrors'!

Okay, believe whatever you want to believe.

Perhaps now would be a good time to inform anyone reading this thread that it really is best if you start from the bottom and work your way up, at least that way you won't have to worry about any psychological delusions or self-inflicted loopholes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Where does the bottom begin? Visiting a psychologist? Might take a lot of years.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The bottom begins with nothing more than the awareness that human beings understand relatively little about the universe.

As such, a great many people have already begun treading their path.

From the beginning, it's all about discovering where you want your path to lead you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ahhhh great post! I agree with you there.

IMO the way to discover your path is to discover what brings you the most joy when you think about it. Doesn't matter is it's realistic (according to society standards) or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
One of my more recent or bizarre belief systems is that we live in some type of psychological mind control game where people we know or don't know are at times used as pawns to force us into irrational behaviors and actions. Some may appear to not even understand why they said what they did, which sounds unlikely until you can recall this yourself. "Why did I say that?!"

My free will response was as if hyjacked by another source; personality or entity. (Mkultra? possession etc.)

I've noticed personaility changes in some people at times that was repulsive or out of character. Some just say it was the alchohol talking or holy spirit........s.

I'm not sure why, but, I'm reminded of the movie 12 monkeys and the character Brad Pitt played and how some schizo people point to their heads also.

I think it's sad to think that some players have learned to use psychology for their own benefit while suppressing others like their partners.

So, some were paying attention is school, but, for the wrong reasons?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

For me, it would most probably be the kind of thing that makes your brain feel funny just by thinking about it.

Of course, over the years i've discovered i've had to move on to bigger and bigger things, but at the start there was always this sort of... buzz... whenever i thought about a specific problem or theory.

Last time i did something like that was when i tried to figure out how Hawking explained black holes a few months back (when i saw the video the first time).

You could say i have a thing about trying to wrap my head around bigger and bigger problems, steadily working my way up to the top, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

I'm not sure why, but, I'm reminded of the movie 12 monkeys and the character Brad Pitt played and how some schizo people point to their heads also.

I think it's sad to think that some players have learned to use psychology for their own benefit while suppressing others like their partners.

People often have great difficulty looking at the bad qualities in their personality, as if acknowledging that part of them will have some sort of negative effect on them.

P.S: You think that's sad, do you?

I feel great sadness when i consider the possibility that people are willingly allowing it, and infact propogating it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Cannon Fodder. They're burniee!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
(please forgive me, I forget how we're supposed to site sources here)

As per Wikipedia:

"... In general, NLP aims to increase behavioral and emotional flexibility and integration by instruction in using language, imagination, and the body in novel ways either by a practitioner/trainer, or by self-application. Some of the main ideas, many imported from existing counseling or psychotherapy practice, include:

-Problems, desires, feelings, beliefs and outcomes are represented in visual, auditory and kinesthetic (and sometimes gustatory, olfactory) systems.

-When communicating with someone, rather than just listening to and responding to what a person said, NLP aims to also respond to the structure of verbal communication and non-verbal cues.

-Certain language patterns such as the meta model of NLP can help clarify what has been left out or distorted in verbal communication, to specify thinking and outcomes, reframe problem ways of thinking, and set clearly defined achievable goals. In contrast, the Milton model language patterns are intentionally vague and metaphoric to allow the listener to actively engage their own imagination and inner creative processes to find their own solutions for problems.

-The actual state someone is in when setting a goal or choosing a course of action is also considered important. A number of techniques in NLP aim to enhance states by anchoring resourceful states associated with personal experience or model states by imitating others.

NLP remains supported by its practitioners in the psychotherapy field and has influenced other forms of brief and eclectic interventions. Its models and tools have been used widely outside of psychotherapy in business communication, management training, television media, teaching, executive coaching and motivational seminars."

... Whether or not you choose to call it NLP, that's exactly what it is. But I'm not trying to start a lexical argument here. The point I want to make is that this stuff has been around for quite awhile, and you don't have to pay to learn it.

(Covert hypnosis is another fun subject to learn as well! You should start a topic on that , too.)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Found a gem here on another forum:

Subconscious Mind Research, and changing your subconscious beliefs using recordings played during your sleep:

www.xtrememind.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join