It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Reversal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Have you ever experienced a time when you...

Could not get yourself to study for an exam that you know you had to pass?
Could not get yourself to perform as well in sports in public venues as you would do in pickup games with your friends?
Could not get yourself to approach a girl you were absolutely sure that she liked you?
Could not touch a perfectly harmless animal that you were afraid of? Or any other totally illogical fears?
Could not get the motivation to do a simple chore or job that you know would benefit you?
Can't seem to get yourself out of having an argument or a fight with your significant other, relatives or friends? Trouble follows you around?
Have you ever procrastinated?

If you have ever experienced any of this or anything similar, which you most probably have, you will have experienced psychological reversal. Where you can't get yourself to do something, unless you have a very strong will. You have subconscious beliefs that lie under the radar . These beliefs you have accepted as fact usually since since your early childhood (before the age of 7). It is from this time that your mental map of how the world works comes from. Where your character is determined. (Forget the astrology and the genes for now).

When you were a child, you were constantly adopting new beliefs from your parents, your relatives (and society by proxy) based on how you see them react to different situations. And everything revolves around you at this age. If you saw relatives arguing with each other, and hurling insults at each other, or you see them crying, you thought that it was all because of you, which caused an emotional reaction within you, became a new belief on how stuff works in this world, and tainted your whole world view for the rest of your life.

Based on these early memories, which are infused with emotion, you are programmed to react automatically in certain ways to different situations you encounter to your life. In other words, you are listening to a 5 year old your whole life, unless you do something about it and change those beliefs and early emotional issues.

Often we can't even remember what the memory is that caused us to feel those emotions, but they are still triggered when we encounter situations that are similar to the original one. Here's where we often experience psychological reversal.

So now you encounter a situation or problem that may be small if you look at it logically, but you may blow up to immense proportions because of your subconscious programming. This in turn forces you to sabotage your own efforts at achieving something you want to achieve, but simply can't.

Now I'll just leave it at this for now, and will come back with some solutions to solving the psychological reversal later. (Yeah, yeah I know...
)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Aw, come on Bandit!

I experience this all the time and I was really looking forward to hearing what to do about it.

Then you give me this "to be continued" stuff.

Out with it already...

I get this reversal when it comes to folding laundry. I gotta really psych myself up for it and it's hard to get me to do. I tell myself, now I am not gonna let those clothes wrinkle. Nope. Not this time. As soon as that dryer buzzes I'm gonna be hanging those up.

The next morning they are still in the dryer. Then I cuss at myself while I iron.

Fix it Bandit!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Very interesting. I look forward to your next post.

It goes well with an idea I've held for a long time - You don't get to pick your parents and they don't get to pick your life. No matter what has happened in the past that may influence you, only you actually have control of yourself and your future.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OP has done well to spread awareness of this subconcious phenomena, flagged.

I'd love to see him do a few examples of individuals who 'live up their own backside' and work tirelessly for nothing more than to gain authority over others, that's a damn good example of a psychological reversal.

And everything revolves around you at this age.

It changes from person to person, and the kid doesn't always consider it to be their fault.

For example, i took the time to learn about how cruel the world is.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
there have been quite a few occasions where i've been given a task that i just KNOW is going to be drawn out and complicated so i put it off. eventually i'll buckle down and make myself work on it and find out that it was a lot easier than i anticipated.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok here it comes.

One important aspect of this is the following:

A thought + an emotion = a belief. Remove the emotion associated with a thought and it will not make sense or feel real to you anymore. It will feel alien if you properly remove the emotion that your subconscious associates with it.

There are numerous ways to to do this, so you change your beliefs and eliminate psychological reversal. I will name the free ones here.

EFT: This is a popularly used method where you can remove trauma and emotions connected to thoughts. You do this by using a statement that describes your belief and tapping meridian points. It is similar to TAT and TFT etc..

ESR: (Emotional stress release): This is a simple technique that we often use unconsciously. Whenever you are feeling stressed or down. Focus on those feelings that you are having at the moment and place your fingers on your forehead about 1.5 inches above your eyebrows where the slight protrusions are. Within 1 minute your feelings of stress and upset about the subject will disappear, more than often never returning again.

BSFF: This is an advance version of EFT. What you do is read some instructions out loud to your subconscious mind and assign a cue word. Your subconscious will carry out these instructions, eliminating whatever emotions or beliefs you have told it to eliminate by directing your attention to it, and saying or thinking your cue word. Lifelong trauma's can be eliminated with this method.

Zpoint process: It's very similar to BSFF, but with a different twist to the statements being said before the cue word, and the way the cue word is being used. This one is powerful when used properly and I have actually been able to use it to change the way other people behave in their interactions with me.... Yes.. I did say change other people's behavior.

And then there is the method Skyfloating has mentioned once in one of his threads which you can see here.

IMO it's one of the most powerful exercises any one of us can do. If done properly, you can bypass the need to use any of the above mentioned exercises. It is similar to the Borrowed Genius method of Win Wenger, and IMO also very similar to ancient shaman's usage of shape shifting. There are other mentions of it's use on the internet, but they are difficult to find, because everyone has a different name for this exercise.

Basically the theory is this. There are millions, if not billions of versions of yourself living in alternate universes. There is a version of yourself for every thought you have had about yourself and your reality. There is a version of yourself who may be a world leader perhaps, and award winning author, a scientist, a professional athlete, a murderer, a thief, a bum, an alternate self who loves Soca music, who loves alt rock, who may be gay or who may be straight or bisexual. Who at your age has already achieved everything you desire.

It is obvious that some of the issues that may be bugging you now, would never be an issue for some of your alternate selves. So it's actually a shortcut, a cheat code if you may to achieving what you want. If you allow it (your life) to change after you do the exercise.

In borrowed genius, people have been able to dramatically acquire new skills, such as learning the guitar or the piano, bypassing obstacles just by imagine themselves stepping into Mozart for example or Jimi Hendrix, seeing or feeling themselves as that person or as their alternate selves performing that exercise, dramatically improving their skills in the process.

Furthermore it is possible to step into the skin of other people, feel what they feel and to alter their perception of certain things, including your self. You can directly influence how people view you if you are skilled in doing this. Yes, this is mind control, and is fully within your power.

And it is possible to alter the reality that you are living in. In fact you will be in an alternate reality the moment you finish doing the exercise. You will have a changed identity measured by how well you have done the technique Skyfloating mentioned. How well you have been able to silence your mind to do it. You will have changed yourself (I think being able to do so down to altering your DNA is possible) and the world around you.

See the world as a mirror of yourself. Everything that happens to you or to others around you is based on your identity and the beliefs that that identity has about reality. If you believe the world is cruel, you will live in a cruel world where bad things happen all the time and you and others are a powerless victim of your circumstances. Remove that belief and the world will become a much nicer place to live in. Remember... The world (how people treat you, and how everything happens and reacts to you) is a mirror of what's going on inside you, inside your mind and your feelings. It's a mirror of your identity. Change your identity and your world will automatically change to accommodate your new identity.

There are lots more different ways to change your core beliefs, but I have only mentioned the free ones here. There are more, one which I have paid for and used with success. But I will not mention it for now (because you have to pay for it of course :duh

[edit on 23-6-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
S+F

for completeness sake I´ll add that awareness is somewhat of a pre-step to everything you said. To be aware that a belief is a belief and that it can be changed.

So rather than "thats just the way I am", "Ive always been this way", "Cant do nuthin´ bout it", "thats the way things are", an issue is recognized as having an underlying belief in something as fact.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Great thread S+F, however iv tried these techniques many of times as i suffer from depersonalization disorder and yet they still dont seem to work, any ideas what i may be doing wrong?

[edit on 24-6-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Ha ha Mr Bandit, that is a nice thread you got there. Flag and stars for both posts.

Unfortunately since I got this.

Could not get the motivation to do a simple chore or job that you know would benefit you?

I'll just have to leave this thread for now and come back later.... hopefully.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
for completeness sake I´ll add that awareness is somewhat of a pre-step to everything you said.

One is under the impression that awareness precedes a great many things to do with the human mental structure.

Indeed, it is awareness that human civilisation is built upon, with respect to the imagination - it is, after all, only because of awareness that we can understand the meaning behind the imagination.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So it's actually a shortcut, a cheat code if you may to achieving what you want. If you allow it (your life) to change after you do the exercise.

Here's something my family always told me;

There are no shortcuts.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I recommend the works of Daniel Quinn. A quote from "Ishmael"

What does it matter that I’m weary of living as a murderer of all the life around me? I know good and evil, and this way of living is good. Therefore I must live this way even though I’m weary unto death, even though I destroy the world and even myself. The gods wrote in the world a law for all to follow, but it cannot apply to me because I’m their equal. Therefore I will live outside this law and grow without limit. To be limited is evil. I will steal the fire of life from the hands of the gods and heap it up for my growth, and that will be good. I will destroy those kinds that do not serve my growth, and that will be good. I will wrest the garden from the hands of the gods and order it anew so that it serves only my growth, and that will be good. And because these things are good, they must be done at any cost. It may be that I’ll destroy the garden and make a ruin of it. It may be that my progeny will teem over the earth like locusts, stripping it bare, until they drown in their own filth and hate the very sight of one another and go mad.

We humans were not meant to live in this "modern" way, working like machines to survive. And we know it, somewhere in our subconscious mind, but most of us do not trust our "inner voice", and we ourselves admit that we are "lazy". The reality is that we are waking up.

I'm not saying "stop working". No work means no money which means no food these days. We cannot really go back to be hunter gatherers, there are too many of us. But to try a simpler life, taking from nature only what we need, not destroying everything with the purpose of selling it, and stop behaving like we are "our job" or we are "consumers", this can be done

The myth of never ending technological progress and happiness we have been following for the last 10000 years is beginning to fade. It has brought us separation, and sadness. We have all this, all these modern toys, but we are not satisfied at all.

Like in the story "Lord of the Rings" we have chosen to keep the ring and we are consumed by it. It gives us power, it's true but it transforms us, we are no longer humans.
Each of us can chose to be a human after all, by himself. I hope one day there will be more that do that, and then we will be more than the sum of our parts
Here is a tribe that did not take the "ring" :
www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk...

FIVE tribesmen from the South Pacific Island of Tanna, one of the most southerly islands of the nation of Vanuatu, visited Britain recently to observe the country's tribes working class, middle class and upper class

Visiting their first British city is an exciting and eye opening experience for the islanders but they are saddened to discover how many homeless people are living on the streets.
How, they ask, is it possible for a city with so much wealth to contain people with no home or family to shelter them?

Seeing how we live crowded in cities but with no real communities must be strange for them. Each man looking for his own comfort, we are like a swarm of locusts not a human settlement.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
More on topic : look at how bored most of the kids are in school. Are they lazy ? Not, let them free and they will build "houses", go hunting , do stuff and invent the most crazy games.
Not only that but lots of children, will read lots of books, whyle not being able to read anything the school makes them to
They are not lazy, they just feel something is not right with the system.
Later they will believe there is something wrong with them for failing to integrate.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Later they will believe there is something wrong with them for failing to integrate.

That's something that has been implanted in every single person's mind on this planet.

You don't "Fail" to integrate, such thinking in of itself leads one down the path of self-destruction.

There is no such thing as failure, at least while you're young.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow this is so disturbingly true, a while back, I couldn't help but stop myself day in and day out from exploding on the job... like I dont know what got into me, but even the simplist things i'd get really mad over and start smashing my desk and my computer, maybe it was because I watched too many office rage videos on youtube, but I really think its because I seen the way my own father reacted to his own building projects and things that he called work when he was around me, he'd definitly send things flying and smash everything and yell around by himself... oh well its embarrassing and entertaining at the same time, but yes it is also a psychological problem, im sure I can do things perfectly fine if I didn't have so much rage in me, but its like passed down rage from my father cuz I really aint that mad at anything... I donno, I think im rambling here... k bye

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

There are no shortcuts only if you believe that.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Well, that would depend on your understanding of the word 'short-cut'.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Shortcut meaning being able to to switch parallel universes to the one where you have already achieved what you really desire to achieve.

If you release all mental and emotional debris that you have accumulated in your life, my opinion is that these will be easy, and life will feel like a video game of which you have the cheat codes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
"There are lots more different ways to change your core beliefs, but I have only mentioned the free ones here. There are more, one which I have paid for and used with success. But I will not mention it for now (because you have to pay for it of course :duh
. "

This is beginning to sound like an advertisement for Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). I believe it is against policy to advertise on ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
All I've noted is the "Complaint Section", where deviations concerning deviants lead to much chiding, and call for replacement.

Her-m-a-phro-di-t-e is a term these so called: Mythos Bound : scientists often iterate my general direction. Being a being of extreme engineering; be it humankind, what have you.

They call for the explicit in the broken-down sense of the characterized word I symbolize:

Her=Conception; with Child
m=for morph (realm of Inet and computer technology==see mo')
a=absence from; shorthand for ab-,=newer livelihood
phro=terminology for aphrodisiac/hidden desire. Missing elements [a,di,si,ac]
===a for non-inclusive,di for in agreement with prior, si for inclusive argument,
ac for 'accounted for' medical transcribe, there
***note, much hacking going on right now, per typical for me. Peoples' #ty.
t=time constant
e=encompassing. As in, all feel like them, so they are not disordereds.

Nothing but a big fat ass'ed Muppet Show, so there...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
and life will feel like a video game of which you have the cheat codes.

Unfortunately, my life at the moment seems to be a case of having saved the game before the mid-game boss battle and i have no other way forward available to me other than to play from that save file.

I'd hate to have to start over, after all.

You can only take so many shortcuts before you arrive at your destination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join