It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Networks Putting Iraq On The Back Burner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Major Networks Putting Iraq On The Back Burner

www.huffingtonpost.com

The New York Times has a piece today on the dwindling amount of time US news networks are spending on Iraq and Afghanistan:

According to data compiled by Andrew Tyndall, a television consultant who monitors the three network evening newscasts, coverage of Iraq has been "massively scaled back this year." Almost halfway into 2008, the three newscasts have shown 181 weekday minutes of Iraq coverage, compared with 1,157 minutes for all of 2007. The "CBS Evening News" has devoted the fewest minutes to Iraq, 51, versus 55 minutes on ABC's "World News" and 74 minutes on "NBC Nightly News." (The average evening newscast is 22 minutes long.)

A post on the blog, Obsidian Wings, points out that Tyndall's numbers mean Americans are getting about "two minutes of Iraq coverage, per network, per week."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
THAT... is why people are beginning to think that the so-called surge is working... the media is playing everything Iraq and Afghanistan related down.

And we turn to the media to be an informed electorate.

HA!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thats sick. Clear evidence that the Bush regime has total control over the media.
Election time is coming up, can't let the republicans get dirt on them from anything as trivial as hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children dying.

Disgusting.

When will people wake up, stop watching the MSM, and turn to outside news sources. Those news companies can only survive if you watch them... get your news from ACTUAL news sources, not this crap.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I honestly believe it is because people are so war weary they don't want to hear about it anymore. They just want a quick rundown. It has been six years now, no one is sitting in front of the television watching word for word on what is happening. All the bombings and death get depressing.

There is more news happening on the homefront that need to be paid attention too, gas prices, an election, global warming and the weather related issues.

I hear so much about the election, that people are focused on it wondering what is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am constantly struck by the disparity of the news between what I read here online and in magazines, newspapers and the like and what I hear on television.

It's almost like a alternative universe.

new topics

top topics

join