It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool UK is this city on a spacial rift?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Liverpool UK, My home city, famous for many things like the Beatles, the Ferries across the Mersey, the last place most immigrants to the USA saw before they left for the new world, its own kind of stew (scouse) and the butt of jokes by most of the rest of the UK, best of all though its sense of humor.

This thread i thought i would point out the increase of strange events which seem to be increasing in our city center.

Word has been traveling through the city over the past 10 years or more, of strange events and happenings involving people walking along minding their own business then suddenly finding themselves 30 or more years in the past,

The latest one i have heard is a man walking down a main street in the city talking to someone on his mobile phone, suddenly he lost his signal which often happens in this area, he then finds himself in the 70's, he notices the change in the shops, the cars are different, and it occurs to him this is Liverpool when he was a kid, the Liverpool his mum would take him clothes shopping in at weekends.

He later recounted the panic that began to build within him as it sunk in where he was, he told of the thoughts that ran through his head and his fear of getting back home, he had heard stories of this kind of thing but had always put them down to peoples imagination, he decided to retrace his steps and suddenly found himself back where he belonged, when he tells his story he has a million things he would do differently which at the time he just wouldnt think of doing at the time.

For instance he had a mobile phone with him, one of the latest models, he could have made a fortune with that technology alone, he says he could hve placed bets on sporting events he knows would have happened and the results he knew for events decades into the future, but he panicked like the rest of us would, luckily he found his way home or it could have been different for the rest of us, Paradoxes and all.

There are reports of Ghosts introducing themselves to people and asking questions, like a local well know full bodied Ghost, who is rumored to be buried in a local graveyard, inside a pyramid, sitting at a card table holding a winning hand in cards, think that is untrue? something i or someone else made up? think again because it is 100% true he is sitting inside his pyramid, at a card table holding a royal flush.

You can find the story of his Ghost Here

There is also a story on that site about the little girl who was abducted and taken into a bombed out church ( St Luke's church ) by a ghost, and found herself part of a full service with lots of people dressed in Victorian clothing, wont spoil it for you.

The point im making is the stories ive pointed out are just the tip of the iceberg, Click here for a little more information
on a paranormal study currently running to discover why these things are so rampant in this part of town.

Ive lived here most of my life, travelled the world working for a time but this was always home, and i have never come across anywhere like this, where it seems in the area i have written about something happens every day, it also scares me that someone will go looking for this supposed time rift, and use it for their own benefit, and to start a new life for themselves, and well rip our lives apart, or even make it so a lot of us wont exist.

It would only take the knowledge of what is to come, if they slip back far enough they could alter the future as we know it.

Are there other places like this? does anyone know? why here in Liverpool?

Any Dr Who or Torchwood fans will know about the spacial rift used in those shows in Cardiff in Wales, some of the stories told by people here remind me of that, while i remember there is another tale told about when they where building on the site of Liverpool castle, appaently a coffin was discovered containing the body of a very very well preserved man, the coroner was called, but instead a home office vehicle turned up and took the body and the coffin away, the occupants of the vehicle said they where from the British Museum, but when Liverpool University tried to track down the body, no trace could be found, and never was, ill try and find an online source about this and add it later.

Thank you for reading, your comments are most welcome, and i would love to hear your theories, or own stories from you home town.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Its to hard to believe the story your telling.

I believe when people can (if possible) go back in time, when they alter something a different universe will start so our current one stays the same.

Think about the grant father paradox if you could go back shoot and kill your grandfather how could you have gone back in the first place?
That can only happen if a alternate universe is formed when you shoot your grandfather.

I believe that, only if you don't change the past you can return to the universe u left.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thats why i posted the links i have, it seems very hard to believe to me also, that does not change the fact that this is happening, and has been for quite some time, and no doubt will continue.

You know there are stories going back over a century about strange events in this area, hard to find online but the information is there, one source for these stories is a guy called Tom Slemen, a local paranormal investigator and writer, while i dont trust him 100% because he plagurised himself when he used an old story from one of his first published stories, changed the city, the names of those involved and a few other details, and inserted it into one of his latest books as a different story about the same thing, if that makes sense?

I know for a fact that paranormal events do happen in this area of the city, whether its time travel or not well your guess is as good as mine.

But if you like the paranormal and a good mystery, then look into this story, its fascinating and crazy.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johndoeknows
Its to hard to believe the story your telling.

I believe when people can (if possible) go back in time, when they alter something a different universe will start so our current one stays the same.

Think about the grant father paradox if you could go back shoot and kill your grandfather how could you have gone back in the first place?
That can only happen if a alternate universe is formed when you shoot your grandfather.

I believe that, only if you don't change the past you can return to the universe u left.

I agree with you 100%, however because we think that way does not mean it isnt true, after all we are held down by gravity, nobody can see it, we can feel it, we know what it does, but there is not a single scientist in the whole wide world who knows why or how, still one of the biggest mysteries of the universe still.

You watch the comments now i can see it, of course they know about gravity etc, all i can say is nope they dont, go and research and see for yourself.

top topics

join