It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike Lee predicts Obama win (Messianic reference)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Spike Lee endorses and predicts an Obama win. No surprise here. But heres to some that don't believe people think he is their messiah....

uk.reuters.com...

"It's going to be before Obama, 'B.B.,' and after Obama -- 'A.B.' -- and some folks need to get used to this," Lee said.

He is actually comparing Barack Hussein Obama to Jesus Christ.

Oh, there is more from Spike Lee.

"We need a real Chocolate City,"

New Orleans mayor (D) Ray Nagin got hammered for this remark, but I guess it left a real impression on Lee.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
At least Spike Lee is used to supporting losers (NY Knicks)

So at least Hussein Obama's loss won't be something he is unfamiliar with!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Spike Lee is just another race-baiting hack:
Spike Lee slams Clint Eastwood over (lack) of "representation of black soldiers"

CANNES, France - Spike Lee is slamming Clint Eastwood over his two recent Iwo Jima movies, saying the filmmaker overlooked the role of black soldiers during World War II.

Of course, his idocy is refuted here:

So, why aren’t blacks featured more prominently in the film? According to Professor Latty (and USMC records), a total of 700 African-American Marines served on Iwo Jima during the battle. But her opinion piece omits an important point, those black Marines represented less than one percent of the 80,000 who fought to take the island from the Japanese.

And, because of segregation, they were delegated to support roles. Most of the African-Americans on Iwo Jima were assigned to the 8th Ammunition Company and the 36th Depot Company, which landed on D-Day and handled the vital tasks of moving equipment and cargo ashore.

Refutation here

"We need a real Chocolate City"

Can anyone here imagine the outrage if the aforementioned Clint Eastwood, or some other white director, wanted a "vanilla city" on supporting McCain, or the former Presidential candidate Hillary?

Ah, yes, I forgot:
The First Law of Politically Correctness:
European -and those of European descent - cities, cultures, countries and even people have all the "excitingness" of boiled potatoes and water without "diversity" - of course, it'd be racist to ask that China, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe etc "diversified" their "boring, monocultural" cities, right?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I got one question for Spike Lee when is year 1?

I guess January 2009 would be considered January 0001 AB since he would be taking office in January 2009? Or would January 2009 would be considered January 0000 AB since we haven't completed a year yet. I think that latter would be more appropriate.

I think this will cause alot of confusion, so maybe Spike Lee can tell us how this is all going to play out? After all, "Some folks need to get used to this."

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hope, Change, Future! No wonder why Spike Lee thinks this guy is the next messiah.

Strange that no Obama supporters even care to dispute this?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
RRconservative;

The mans full name is Barack Hussein Obama.

Most people refer to him as Barack Obama.

No where, outside of paranoid right-wing posts with an agenda, do people choose to omit the mans first name.

Now if you want to try and scaremonger by omitting the mans first name and playing on paranoid fears and word association, then thats your problem, but please remember how crassly shallow it makes you look, and how weak it makes your supposed "politics" appear.

This is ATS. We deny ignorance here.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Spike who? I mean, really, who cares who he endorses? Now if you said Samuel L. Jackson, I might care.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
RRCon...

"Barackaphobia [sic]" means "fear of Barack", right? So you're giving him power, then, by fearing him so, so much. Which is fine. We still have a First Amendment [unless the NeoCons have wiped that out as well], so you are entitled. However, don't you realize how much power you're giving this man, for spewing out so much vitriol and spite? And the name thing seems petty. That's on you, though...

I have no doubt that he'll win; seems like he's the 'chosen one' [or is it anointed?]. For several years now, the African American male has been the alpha in commercials [rolling his eyes at the plodding caucasians in tow], television shows, and Hollywood films, as well as the long reign above pop music and athletics. Meaning that CORPORATE AMERICA supports this idea. And not because they want to empower minority youths. Or anyone, save for their own aces.

Airframe Shock Test, anyone?

Obama may be yet another shill. Or, maybe he's the real deal. Time will tell...

I'll paraphrase a Whitney Houston song [she used to be such a talent...]--"You get SO emotional, baby...every time you think of him". Admittedly a cumbersome, quip, but I hope you'll get my drift.

I'm not trying to insult or demean you. From one American to another, I'm simply pointing out my observations, namely that your obviously emotion-fueled antipathy only lessens your reactionary arguement. I'd bet that you're smarter than this.

Who's the enemy, RR? And what is your solution? I hope you're wiser than suggesting McCain, who has learned to dance the Republican way. Maverick? Used to...

Back to the corporate factor--which elected official in DC is NOT a corporate whore?

Somewhat off-topic: why are the stars on the official GOP logo upside-down? When did this happen? And, of greater import, why?

At the end of the day, no matter how divided and diseased and evil this world's infrastructure may continue to become, I still have love in my heart. And I'm grateful to God/Life/the Universe/Everything/Everyone/You for being here. It wouldn't be the same without.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
RRCon...

"Barackaphobia [sic]" means "fear of Barack", right?

How can you [sic] something that is not even a word? Does it have a proper spelling? I checked the dictionary...no help there!

Barackaphobia is a word made up by Barackaholics to make fun of people who refuse to accept Barack Hussein Obama as the next messiah.

I think the people who coined this term just wanted to use it as a codeword for racist. Because it seems that any opposition to Barack Hussein Obama is deemed as racist.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
No one is fearing Obama, it's just the he be a flip-flopping fish out of water. Not just little ones either, but major flip-flops.

He undermined your support yet again by voting in Verizon authorized phone tapping.

It isn't even the general election yet and no one has stepped on their own feet so much as Obama has to date. No one before him, not even John Kerry, flip-flopped and made a fool out of himself this much.

Yet, Obama has that "sympathy crutch" though he is "embarassed" by Americans like you.

If you need someone to worship, stick with the lame movie stars. You do not need to build-up such an unworthy, disrespectful, selfish man who wants nothing but power so he can carry out his agenda, whatever that may be. We sure don't know, because he never takes a true stand on anything.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He was warmly received by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who called him "a leader that God has blessed us with at this time."

Just like he blessed us with Jesus?

Another Messianic reference.

new topics

top topics

join