It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood of the Martyr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What kind of cretin can attack a baby with a fecking sword ?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I understand religion, but this is taking it a step to far......isnt there some kind of human rights violation going on here???

Anyone who has the balls to cut there childs hair(head) with a sword, knife, spatula whatever is definately not in the right frame of mind IMO...I just dont see how the middle east will ever be more than a huge mess.

On a side note, Mycroft, you notice how that kids father or whoever it is holding the sword to his head has not a speck of blood running down his face....

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Religion?? That sure dont seem like any kind of religion that I want to be involved in. And were trying to bring some kind of freedom to those people over there, seems like some of them need to be losing some freedom, like locked up somewhere!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I agree with you tracer.......trying to free some of those middle easterners really gives me the heebie jeebies sometimes.....It almost seems like they are better off with a dictator being forceful with them. Seems like the message that they relate to the best.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
On a side note, Mycroft, you notice how that kids father or whoever it is holding the sword to his head has not a speck of blood running down his face....

I hadn't noticed that before you mentioned it, but in all fairness you can find plenty of pictures of adults doing this.

Intellectually, I know that even a small cut to the scalp will bleed a lot without causing real harm, but what I wonder about is the psychological effects of these celebrations have. Maybe it�s the desensitization to blood and violence this causes is part of the reason the Middle East is such a mess today.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You make a good point Mycroft, and could very well be correct. Children seeing real blood on massive scales like this is definately something I would refer to as desensinizing children. I also think this goes to show how far and how easy it is for some muslims to reach for the extreme of their religion rather than looking on the good side....Kind of giving them a skewed vision on the realities of being a muslim.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Salaam Alykum all,

This is very sickening indeed!!
Although i must express that this has nothing to do with Islam, this is as it says on the article, its for a MAN!!
This is a very big sin in Islam, i have no idea why or what made them even think of doing this!

Please keep in Mind that it is not the Teachings of Islam!

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How is this topic related to the war on terrorism? So now whenever any controversial muslim news story comes up its automatically regarded as terrorism? Thats sickening to me.

This thread needs to be moved to the other current events section.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
How is this topic related to the war on terrorism?

I second that. This is just a great story for all the anti-muslim swaying folks...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
While I agree the topic has little to do directly with the literal War on Terror, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's pure "spin" or anti-Islamic. Mycroft makes a thoughtful point...

Originally posted by Mycroft
Maybe it�s the desensitization to blood and violence this causes is part of the reason the Middle East is such a mess today.

Though it is more suited to an "other current events" discussion, no harm done here.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
How is this topic related to the war on terrorism? So now whenever any controversial muslim news story comes up its automatically regarded as terrorism? Thats sickening to me.

This thread needs to be moved to the other current events section.

Terrorism is a cultural phenomena and a rather recent one at that. I think it may be worth the time to look at elements within the culture that may encourage it and this may be one of the. While this isn�t a typical news flash of the latest atrocity or an update on the hunt for Osama, I don�t think it�s completely unrelated to terrorism either.

I can certainly see how this would be perceived as anti-Muslim, but I�d also be quick to point out that in certain parts of the world Christianity is celebrated in strange ways too. Islam as a whole is not the common denominator, but perhaps parts of it are.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would wager that most crying foul are avid pro-wrestling watchers. Remember those blood baths? A paper cut on your scalp will produce a fair blood spill.

Religion, all religions, are tied to blood sacrafices. Christian consumer the "body & blood of Christ" at every mass; hence, they must be desensitized enough to bringforth "Shock & Awe"?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Mycroft]

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by asala]
(Edited due to the picture shown being
of a disturbing nature which may affect our younger members)

I understand the logic of this, but I'm not sure that the inclusion of the sword makes it any worse than the first picture.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Both pictures have been removed.
i took a look back through the guidelines..and both were unexceptable.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

""EDITED due to the photo containing blood....The picture was of a blood soaked child. And according to ATS guiedlines this is not allowed...

7) No images containing blood or gore.

Yikes!

Shiite Muslim child Mahmoud Slieman after his mother cut him with a sword during the annual ritual to mark Ashoura Day in the southern Lebanese town of Nabatiyeh, Tuesday March 2, 2004. Ashoura day marks the Shiite Muslim's commemoration of the 7th century killing of their most revered Saint Imam Hussein. Al Hussein was a grandson of Islam's prophet Mohammed and is a symbol of martyrdom for Shiites. (AP Photo/Mohammed Zaatari)

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Mycroft]

I really don't see how this is different from other religions, like the orthodox jews who like to circumsise each other.

In this case, they should have used anaesthetics.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I saw the pic after some research. I believe cutting a child/baby is pretty sick.

By the way, the circumsizing by the orthodox jews is a one time event. They don't do it every year.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
I saw the pic after some research. I believe cutting a child/baby is pretty sick.
Well, babys that are just born, too, do get "cut" when they are circumcised, so really, there can't be really any difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, babys that are just born, too, do get "cut" when they are circumcised, so really, there can't be really any difference.

I think you might've missed my point. Circumsion only occurs once. They are not circumsized every year. This even occurs once every year and it is a "tradition", if you will, that males have this cutting take place.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You have voted tracer for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on 3/5/2004 at 10:42 PM by TRACER

"Religion?? That sure dont seem like any kind of religion that I want to be involved in. And were trying to bring some kind of freedom to those people over there, seems like some of them need to be losing some freedom, like locked up somewhere!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join