It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is a Human Rights Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
With the olympics coming up I would like to point out a few factors in human rights that china can not and should not undermine. China is one of the largest suppliers of weapons from to Africa and the middle east.

China’s claim that it’s doing all it can to help achieve peace in Darfur is fallacious so long as it is the chief supplier of small arms to the government of Sudan. If China is serious about helping bring peace to Darfur, it must first cut off arms supplies to Sudan,” said Betsy Apple, director of the Crimes Against Humanity program at Human Rights First

This touches base on what China and Human Rights are all about
External Link

And this article explains China's involvement in the Darfur genocide.
External Link

Does a country such as this deserve to be holding the olympics? I don't think so!. I doubt the chinese people are even informed about these issues. I doubt they even care or willing or even can do anything about it, if their government has anything to say about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
while i have a profound respect for chinese people and the history and culture i have to admit that i am troubled with the chinese government's record on human rights.

as to weather or not china should host the olympics I would say no but the world leaders have a tendency of holding meetings and events in many places that are not exactly bastions of liberty and justice.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I remember my sister telling me about how bill gates and steven spielberg are not attending the games as they were inviting because of their human rights atrocities.

My sister works for amnesty international and she was telling me about a campaign for the people who lost their homes and were left homeless as the government drove in to build the olympics where their houses were.

Plus you can get sentenced to death for stealing a cow

new topics

join