It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War. Iraq. Terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The war in Iraq. A terrorist attack prompted G.W. Bush to flip the US Military machine button to the 'ON' position.
I'll be the first to say while I ABSOLUTELY RESPECT OUR SOLDIERS, I disagree with the "war".
Yes, I used quotation marks on the word war.
What is the objective in a war scenario? Much like Chess. Capture the King in as few moves as possible. Now correct me if I'm wrong. The US did that didn't they? Quite early on. They defeated Saddam. They pulled his statue down to cheering throngs of people. They captured him. War won. Time to go home.

Now our brave men and women toil in a hopeless battle. Trying to keep peace amongst those who hate one another simply because they choose to worship in a different way.
UN-WINNABLE.
That will NEVER change. EVER.
Yes. A merciless madman (Saddam) was defeated, and brought to justice.
All that is happening now is the creation of newborn hate towards the US. As much as I hate to say this, it's a justifiable hate and distrust.

End this "war".

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The created war

Is not going to end, because the hold that corporate profits at the expenses of tax payer in America and our soldiers blood is reaping.

The corrupted and dirty profits of war for the companies that are in Iraq is too good.

Wait when the oil barons cement their hold also on the oil contracts, with their armies of mercenaries to protect their investments.

The struggle and war in Iraq will never end as long as the new formed elite that US has created cheat the Iraqis out of their natural resources and way of life.

I will give it a few years until the same thing that happen in Iran will happen in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
The war in Iraq. A terrorist attack prompted G.W. Bush to flip the US Military machine button to the 'ON' position.

A terrorist attack prompted G.W.Bush to flip the US military machine button to the on position for Afghanistan, where the alleged terrorists where being sheltered, and instead of focusing on the terrorist king there, G.W. had his eyes on another prize, there neighbors to the south. What followed was IMHO the worse foreign policy actions I have ever witnessed.

I'll be the first to say while I ABSOLUTELY RESPECT OUR SOLDIERS, I disagree with the "war".
Yes, I used quotation marks on the word war.

Agreed 100% here

What is the objective in a war scenario? Much like Chess. Capture the King in as few moves as possible. Now correct me if I'm wrong. The US did that didn't they? Quite early on. They defeated Saddam. They pulled his statue down to cheering throngs of people. They captured him. War won. Time to go home.

The objective was to secure our real reason for war, "Oil" and as long as oil is there we are not going anywhere.

Now our brave men and women toil in a hopeless battle. Trying to keep peace amongst those who hate one another simply because they choose to worship in a different way.
UN-WINNABLE.

The British learned this back in the 1930's, to bad we in America are so dumbed down to the point we no longer know or understand history.

That will NEVER change. EVER.
Yes. A merciless madman (Saddam) was defeated, and brought to justice.
All that is happening now is the creation of newborn hate towards the US. As much as I hate to say this, it's a justifiable hate and distrust.

End this "war".

End the corporation's control of America, or we will have many more resource wars.

End preemptive war, if your country has resources and might sort of be a threat to us, we will invade you.

join