It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you tell your friends/family about conspiracy subjet matter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
one important thing - let them talk first, say what they believe about certain subject (make them talk, people enjoy to be asked about stuff) then, when they finish - if you are a good listener - you will be expected to have the right to also say your view. Never say "it is like this" or "you are wrong" but better say "o, my personal believe is this and this". Articulate the fact that it is your own persoal point of view, so your listener will not feel attacked by your point of view.
STY

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I talkonly to a very few people - just immediate family.

My husband is quite interesting in that, while he believes what I'm telling/showing him, he can't cope with really thinking about it. I just don't think he could cope with a normal busy life if he allowed these kind of thoughts in. He does however sometimes come home with a wind up radio he's just bought, or randomly ask me how deep a nuclear shelter needs to be! He also wants me to go to the archery club with him jand learn how to handle a bow - just in case I should ever need to.

My eldest has some military experience and knows enough to know that MSM doesn't report half of whats going on. She doesn't say much but I know she listens.

I'm thinking of sending pictures of moon anomalies to a friend/work colleague who lives a stonesthrow from me, kind of as an introduction to "everything you see and read may not be true". He's into JFK conspiracies but I'm not sure how he'd cope with anything else. But hell, he thinks I'm a fruitloop anyway so I don't suppose I've got much to lose!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cozcarter

Yea, I think that if people know how you are on a daily basis you won't seem so cooky. Slowly easing as other people posted is good also. Kind of like brand marketing, if they keep hearing about it eventually they'll buy into it.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I always start with JFK. Nobody I know thinks that there was only one shooter. Heck when we covered it in history lessons a few years ago my History teacher said he thought there was more than one.

Once you pick one they start to agree with, it's easier to bring them around to the other conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Yea that would be a good one to start with as it is older and not still fresh in peoples minds...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
People believe what they want to and need to believe. I've thought from day one that 911 was a "inside job" yet when I mention this to my friends, coworkers or neighbors they look at me like they're considering calling the men in little white coats.

People do not want to believe that our government is so underhanded. Most people (my humble opinion) just want to keep their heads buried in the sand and their tails sticking up to get smacked.

Don't even mention the possibility of A.L.I.E.N.S. or ufos, people really do look at you weird, it's almost a taboo subject in our area.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
People here like to talk about President Bush and how the war in Iraq is really an oil war. Everyone here in my state is a Democrat and one of the things we like to do is to make fun of President Bush's way of speaking, because, some of the things he says just are funny, you know like the Bushims he does. I've ran into a friend of mine who I met in high-school that openly talks about freemasonry, the illuminati, and, would debate some political issues. I feel pretty comfortable talking to some people about conspiracy theories. Of course there are some people that are going to not want to talk about conspiracy theories because they are not interested in them. They think they distort the truth. I think the exact opposite. It all depends on who I talk to really.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've always been considered a bit of a 'nut', with some strange ideas, so I have to bear that in mind when I talk to people. LOL!

Remember that everyone is different, pick the subject to match the person, listen to what they are complaining about or interested in. You can wait till there is something related on the news perhaps, they tend to believe the news, (oh dear.) Best to leave that can of worms till later!

I like to wait until we hear something about the government as a starter. For example, they did something sneaky 20 years ago and it's only just come out.... gasp! "they lied to us for all those years!" Then you mention something else they lied about, "they've done it once" you say, "it's entirely possible that they would lie again," works a treat.

I'm amazed how people are looking further these days, waking up I think. I have managed to get everyone around me interested to varying degrees, and I don't think they are just humouring me! But then..........ha ha

I suppose it helps that there is so much info surfacing now, here in the UK it's every couple of days we hear something, I shouldn't really be surprised at peoples willingness to find the truth.

Most people have suspicions or just little doubts, you just need to find out what they are.

I think the most important thing is having at least one person that you can discuss all subjects with, then the frustration you feel when people don't want to know is not so bad.

There's always ATS if it gets too much!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I just try to encourage debate and open ideas with my friends and family. The odd part is that every time a good discussion on conspiracy occurs, I find that everyone i know believes in some conspiracy whether it be UFO's, JFK or whatever! It seems to me that everyone is a bit conspiratorial if given the proper setting for discussion.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'M SO GLAD THAT THIS TOPIC OF HOW TO TALK TO FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES ABOUT THESE ALL TO SCARY BUT TRUE TOPICS CAME UP.A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO A STORY, YOU WILL PROBABLY REMEMBER, ''END OF THE WORLD SCENARIO" ABOUT THE COMET OR ASTEROID THAT WAS TO IMPACT EARTH SOMETIME IN JUNE OF 2005 OR 2006. THAT STORY TRULY SCARED BOTH MY WIFE AND I. AFTER FINDING OUT IT WAS ALL A BIG HOAX, I SWORE I WOULD NEVER BELIEVE ANOTHER STORY LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN. I REMEMBER THAT THERE WERE QUITE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE THAT WERE TRULY SHOOK UP ABOUT IT TOO, AND PROBABLY CAME AWAY WITH SIMILAR FEELINGS.SO, WHAT AM I DOING BACK HERE AGAIN, EAGERLY ANTICIPATING NEW FEEDS FROM THIS AWSOME SITE ABOUT CURRENT EVENTS THAT ARE TAKING PLACE TODAY? MAYBE THIS TIME THINGS ARE REALLY DIFFERENT. OVER THE LAST YEAR OR SO, TOPICS ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING,BILDERBURG,ALIENS,MARS, AND SO MANY OTHERS HAVE GOT ME LOCKED INTO RESEARCHING AS MUCH AS I CAN SO HOPEFULLY I CAN PREPARE FOR WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've listened to several people introduce others to 9/11 theories and one mistake they all made was to insist that every statement they made was complete and utter truth. They left no middle ground for the other person to occupy. It's like suddenly the two people are standing on opposite sides of an ominous black cavern. I don't think any of us made the leap from black to white in one step, it took a stroll through the grey area and quite a lot of time to work it all out in our minds.

Give them a bit of information to ponder and then follow up another time to see where they are at. Ask leading questions and let them advance at their own pace. Give them a nudge in the right direction from time to time. There is no need to club them over the head with the whole nine yards at the very beginning. Many people feel the need to 'convert' a person in the course of a 1 hour conversation. Take your time, weeks or even months are more appropriate for such a change of viewpoints to take place.

It's important when intoducing a possibly disturbing new theory to someone that you start slow, and give them time to reach their own conclusions. When they reach the point of overload, you need to back off, give the topic some time to sink in, time for them to process the information.

Imagine having the ground washed out from under your feet and going into freefall, that's what it can be like for some people if you push them too far too fast. It's not a pleasant sensation and they are likely to avoid the subject next time around.

I always make it very clear to people that I am willing to be wrong about everything I say, but I go on to explain why I believe it. How many times have you seen a thread title on the board claiming "100% proof of blah blah blah etc."? I dont even click those threads because I really dont care to enter into a discussion with someone who is not willing to be wrong. On the other hand, if I see a thread title asking "what do you guys think about this"? or "could something like this be possible?" I almost always will have a look because I know I will be talking with someone who is flexible in their opinions.

Take care to be flexible in your own opinions, it will go a long way toward engaging others in your conversations.

Last thing I want to say is that some people are just not equipped mentally to handle the truth. Such things may be too disturbing for people and you should carefully consider their personality, beliefs, etc. before you take them down the rabbit hole. It's sad, but some people are just better off to be left asleep. I'll tell you what, sometimes I wish I had never learned of some of the things I believe. At times it can be almost more of a burden than I can cope with.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Then when I start to lay out the facts, they start looking at me crazy and then I back up.

Exactly. You back it up and they have no other choice but to sit there and accept it until someone can come up with a better truth to replace the one you just enlightened them with. It's all about back in it up baby. Gotta love the the truth. Can I get an AMEN!!!!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
to-systemik. thank you for your intelligent advice.youre input is a comfort. it justifies my feelings about what i am dealing with in, well, how do i put it? this new reality i can't help but be overwhelmingly drawn towards as more and more and more information is given by those who reveal it in order to inform us of the true existance that we are "ALL" a part of. i have watched videos on the bilderburg group and dr bill deagle that have left me feeling allmost insane with surprise and fascination !!!! i can sense a newfound fear that i know is real. i am more tense , and wary. thank you anyway for this topic because , i really scare my wife when i bring up subjects that i am learning about. and a funny thing about those who don't want to believe what is going on, my supervisor is a female the same age as me, and anytime i try to talk about global warming updates that i see on the news ,,, she acts kind of like i didn't say anything. i definitely get the feeling that she does not want to hear it. i guess i will back off. I DO UNDERSTAND HER FEAR. SHE HAS A 7 YR OLD SON. NUFF SAID!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join