It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trouble on main page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I cannot click on the "create an account or login" section

it is covered up, partially, by the tinwiki.org logo

any suggestions? i've looked for other links, but this is the only one i can find.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Edited for stupidity and nearsitedness.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Use this link to create a new account. The first time you create an account you must type in your password twice.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Actually I've experienced this problem, too. But I'm not sure what resolution and/or browser I used when it happened. Normally I don't have the problem. I use the Firefox browser right now and my resolution is 1024x768.

Perhaps there should be some 'backup' link on the Main Page?

Optimist

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yes it does take a rather higher pc educated person
to get it right the first time

but we don`t expect everyone to be an intellectual here..

no shame there...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
I cannot click on the "create an account or login" section

it is covered up, partially, by the tinwiki.org logo

folks, the problem with this member is not his inability to creat an account. it seems he's got a button overlap or something.

can you give us a screen shot of the issue?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

the screenshot button does not pick up my cursor, but my mouse hand is over the "create an account or login" text

and the alt information for "main page" pops up from the tinwiki logo

im running windows vista IE 7.0.6

Resolution: 1680x1050

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yer i had that problem alot when i first went on it. if you postion your mouse really carefuly yu should be able to just get the linl, i think theres about 2mm out in the open. Or go to the site via Mozilla Fire fox site works perfectly using that browser.

Fox

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow, Maya, Really? I fail to see how anything you just said is called for, being as how my knowledge of a computer, and/or the internet, plays no role in the issue at hand.

As the wonderful Crakuer has beat me to pointing out - it has nothing to do with my capability and everything to do with IE or the website its self.

I feel like i have my own paparatzi with you following me around from thread to thread. Good to have fans i suppose

so does anyone have an idea as to what is happening?

In the meanwhile i can just use my link, but it also appaers this way to me on my laptop and my work PC

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Andrew, I think it is because transparent parts of the image there over - lap some of the links there. I usually do not have a problem with it though, because it displays my ip over the image and the links then get moved over to the right. The only person who can fix it is SkepticOverlord, and he may not have the time to give it his attention for a while. What I am going to do is place a link to log - in lower on the page for now. Sorry that you have been having this trouble.

new topics

top topics

join