It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the Iraqi's feel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There has been a lot of talk about the war on Iraq, but what about the Iraqi people? How do you think they are reacting to this?

I have a seen Iraqis on CNN and FOXNEWS happily walking around tearing down Saddam's statues, but that is T.V. news, they only say half the story, the half that sells.

Do you suppose that there are people that fell that their life before the war was better than right now? Not Saddam's followers, but others.

I am pretty sure there has been many innocent civilian casulties. They must feel that their life was better before the war, right? assuming that Saddam hadn't caused them any trouble.

Your comments please?

Note on the EDIT surfup: changed "fell" to "feel"

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm sure that any Iraqi who had even the most casual contact with Uday is overjoyed that sudden bowel evacuation is no longer a concern.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think that the majority of Iraqi citizens are having their lives ruined. The majority of Iraqi citizens are children. The total number of Iraqi citizen deaths as a result of the Gulf wars and this past attack number in the millions. I've read that many of the citizens were left alone by Saddam to go on with their lives, but they were destroyed by the bombing of their villages etc.

The news is controlled to win favour of Western citizens to support the war, but they don't tell the half of it, the citizens' dead bodies, destroyed families, mutilated bodies.

Fascism supporters are waging these wars.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How would you feel if the land you lived off was radioactive? and is going to be for many many lifetimes
How would you feel if your child was born with no eyes , no limbs or brain damaged?
How would you feel if youre countrys children were dying by the thousands because of sanctions?
How would you feel if the standard of liife suddenly dropped a few notches and you had no water job or money?
Cancer rates in Iraq are the highest of any country in the world , they never used to be so go figure
Now i know saddam was a swine and mass murderer, like many of the US supported countries still are
but depleted uranium is a WMD no 2 ways about it,
that makes the US and UK terrorist nations , or axis of evil whichever you prefer

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i live near dearborn, michigan, which is the highest arabic population outside of the middle east in the world and when the news came that saddam was in captivity it was a party down there. literally.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
The total number of Iraqi citizen deaths as a result of the Gulf wars and this past attack number in the millions.

Millions? Are you sure? I'd love a source for that.

I'm sure this whole Iraq thing sure cramped the lifestyles of the Baath party members. They were certainly better off but I think the good side of Iraq is way under-reported! Yeah, Im sure there are some hardships BUT I think the common Iraqi will have oppurtunities they once could only dream of. Not to mention the billions that are being donated to Iraq by the US and many other nations.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

Millions? Are you sure? I'd love a source for that.

Well, as a result of all the forced sanctions, bombing, broken/poor infrastructure since the gulf war, up till today, the numbers are staggering.

Many more deaths will be visited prematurely upon the children and perhaps adults, too.

Link

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's certainly not in the millions.

Don't make up stuff.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer

Don't make up stuff.
In cases of attacks on countries with poor resources, the truth is difficult to swallow.

I'm calculating the death rate on the basis of the Gulf wars and operation Iraqi freedom.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well, as a result of all the forced sanctions, bombing, broken/poor infrastructure since the gulf war, up till today, the numbers are staggering.

Many more deaths will be visited prematurely upon the children and perhaps adults, too.

Staggering numbers IF you can believe the Iraqi information.
Sure, UNICEF & the UN Food Organization, etc have some big numbers - but did they count the numbers or did the Iraqi ministries do the counting?
I have no doubt that the US led war and UN sanctions had a great impact on the Iraqi citizens - mainly because Saddam, like his asian pal Kim Jong Il prefered to give the food shipments to their military or turn them around and sell them for hard cold cash with which to further fund the military.
There was plenty of "Oil for Money" and illegally sold oil flowing to keep Iraq's children healthy, but alas, Saddam chose to do other things with it. And that I guess it is the UN & the US's fault that Saddam mismanaged his money by buying arms, gps jammers etc instead of feeding the children.

No, I dont for a minute think that the US is squeaky clean, I know civilians died in the war. But I would consider the numbers gleaned by any Iraqi information bureau to be more than suspect, after all they had EVERYTHING to gain by ending the sanctions and they also new how to manipulate the press.
If "Bagdad Bob" is any indication of the truthfulness of such reports then the only thing they are good for is toilet paper in an outhouse.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It also bears mentioning that Saddam killed 1 million of his own people (if you consider Kurds his own people), and in the Iran/Iraq war another 1 million were killed. Nice guy.

Hey just cuz he's all cute and cuddly and looking like someone's pet gerbil now don't mean he's a littel frickin angel.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sure saddam was a real bad CIA guy who became expendable, switching his currency reserve to euros finished him off, we all know hes a bad guy, but where was the US during IRAN/IRAQ war? ah yes they were selling him lots and lots of arms
Where did he get the chemicals to gas the kurds?
ah yes the good old US of A again,
What was the response of the US to chemical attacks on kurds?
"Its an internal problem"
What was the response of USA when troops were amassing on the boarders or Kuwait first time around?
The US embassy in Iraq told him no problem and promptly went on vacation!
A bit of diplomatic pressure and the puppet Saddam wouldnt even have invaded.
There are lots of bad regimes around the world , some of them worse than saddams Iraq , but i dont see the US invading mineral poor countries do you?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Keep in mind the emotional states of these people. How would you feel, as an American, if we were led by a horrible dictator (insert easy joke here) and we had to have help come in and destroy his regime and then help us build our nation back up again? I'm sure their morale is pretty low in respect to their own power as a people.

Meddled

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here's how one guy feels- WARNING- this bloggers photos are graphic and very disturbing
hammorabi.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I dont know how to post a link or i would,but according to the headline story on drudge right now they are not to happy.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by EliteXizer

Don't make up stuff.
In cases of attacks on countries with poor resources, the truth is difficult to swallow.

I'm calculating the death rate on the basis of the Gulf wars and operation Iraqi freedom.

Those death figures you gave were based off the sanctions but those are only a result of Saddam being a hardline despot.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ash just copy and paste the link,
with you reply...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Do you suppose that there are people that fell that their life before the war was better than right now? Not Saddam's followers, but others.

I am pretty sure there has been many innocent civilian casulties. They must feel that their life was better before the war, right? assuming that Saddam hadn't caused them any trouble.

Your comments please?

Women... but no we don't care about that do we, so never mind.

Saddam caused a lot of people trouble. But anyway, just because people don't like Saddam means they appreciate Bush.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com... on=

first time ever.this might work

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mo0se
It also bears mentioning that Saddam killed 1 million of his own people (if you consider Kurds his own people), and in the Iran/Iraq war another 1 million were killed. Nice guy.
It also bears mentioning that this doesn't give the right to another military force going in and adding to that civilian death count.

new topics

top topics

join