It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could I get some meditation ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have wanted to start meditating in the last few months, but I just cant seem to figure out a good way to do it, I guess I honestly have no idea how this stuff happens. I would like to experience oobe and concious oobe and all that stuff, but, I dont know how.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There's a thread with some ideas over in the Philosophy forum:

Looking for mind (consciousness) expanding exercises

There's probably many many threads on 'OOBE', if you search thread titles here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I could be wrong on the exact word, or the whole idea itself, it was told to me by a knowledgable aquaintence. A certain culture of monks or some people of sorts, I can't remember exactly who, meditate chanting the word (spelling this phonetically) Ahm-Shanta. This cutlure believes that every word you speak or think creates an alternate reality, universe, whatever be it. They believe the word that created the Earth to be Ahm-Shanta. So by chanting this word and focusing their minds on only this word, their vibrations harmonize with that of Earth and they strengthen one another. I've been doing this myself for about a month now and I've been feeling more aware of subtle things, and more empathetic towards others. Just my two American pesos.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

Try this, it worked wonders for me:
Lay on your bed in a darkened room. Make sure you are comfortable and are not distracted by any noise. Close your eyes and concentrate on what you can see. You may immediately see light shapes, small movements darting about. Keep focusing on those shapes and if you see absolutely nothing, then focus on that nothingness. Do this for several minutes.
Now stop thinking. Allow no thoughts whatsoever into your head. If a thought appears, disregard it and re-focus on having no thoughts.
It takes practice. Sometimes you will be bombarded with thoughts, you know, everyday trivia, imaginary conversations... just stop them. You may even drift off to sleep, but please persevere. Practice every night and things will start to happen for you. I have experienced prophetic visions which I put down to meditation. It doesn't cost anything to try this method and I believe you will be amazed. Good luck and please, please let us all know what results you have.
I would also strongly advise that you keep a written record, time, date of meditation and results.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Meditiation,derives itself from the word mediate atleast in some circles of study.

Now in some ways the art of meditation is being used by everyone at almosty all times,it is a way to become balanced to create a unity between yin and yang within ourselves..

Within our life many people have different outlooks on exsistence.In some circles of study in mediative teachings.We find that every action event thought person place and thing,has energy waves and these waves are like influenceing forces that effect us,bad memories happy thoughts all make up the general energy forces that we thrive and fall upon.

Now within ourselves we are made up of our memories and experiences,at times bad memories can sometimes make us depressed.Or even good memories caN make us long for better times.

Many aspects of this form of self alignment go with the ability to create a core self which encompasses our general self,and we use this as a way to have a foothold in all the different forces that influences us,this is why you will hear stuff like clear your mind and what not when dealing with this kind of study.

Mantras as some call them are a focus point of energy and concentration usually used in a sort of focus as to let all other thoughts dissolve into the backgriound,some alos use visionary points of focus,usually in a way as to picture something in your mind.Meditation has many different angles and aspects of which you can explore self alignment and understanding,but alos goes further into differnt forms of travel and perception of our reality.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello,

I luv the name btw Shaved Yeti... Awesome.

Anyway, back to topic. I find personally the easiest way for me to meditate is to have something to focus on. This could be due to my ADD, but i find thoughts and distractions just burst in whenever I try to calm myself down and quietly meditate with eyes closed and silence. I will usually either burn a candle and watch the flame in silence or lie down and listen to Solfeggio frequencies with my eyes closed.(with headphones for full effect) After I can get my breathing and thoughts to slow down, I feel free. I can think clearly on things that need attention, or can simply relax. (I recently achieved my first OoBE while using the frequencies while meditating.)

Hopefully this may give you a place to start.

Best of Luck to You!!
Chey

Oh and...
If you want to try some Solfeggio works, I suggest YouTube-Quadrant; music & Solfeggio frequency 639 and the others by JezebelDecibel on YouTube. You can set them up on a quick play list and listen to them back to back if 6 min is not long enough for ya

top topics

join