It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

loosing my favorite cable channels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was watching frisay night stand up on comedy central as usal, and a marquee posped up in the middle of the scree. It said the viacom channels nickeloedon, comedy central, tv land,mtv, vh1 and other were going to be removed and put on digital cable. So I hafta pay extra for them !!! Bull frockin #e! This whole thing is because of viacom getting sued for the jannet jackson thing on cbs. Viacom said soon after that they were going to adjust the content of their channels, I didn't think they would take them away. Man this sucks.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This happened to me a couple of years ago. All the channels started getting removed because they went digital. So I had to pay extra for them. Now my cable bill is 40% more than what I used to pay. The cost of progress I guess.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I strictly remember it only saying people with Dishes....and it didn't say anything about loosing it on normal cable....

Atleast I hope it didn't.....I can't live without funny movies or Comedy Central....or (Most) of MTV! WHY JANET JACKSON!!! Why did you have to pull that stunt! No please let it be only people with Dish dishes!

That is just crap! if they do that then all that will be left is....the golf channel! NOOOO! well there will be Turner chanels...but still...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yes i was laughing my a
off when i saw this it went by as i was watching the x-files last night man i feel bad for you guys thats why i stick with cable
now we know whos better...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i don't have cable simply for the reason i don't want to pay all that money. (but yet i own over 250 dvds. go figure!) i only have 8 channels. also, doesn't cable just give you more channels to flick through?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
I strictly remember it only saying people with Dishes....and it didn't say anything about loosing it on normal cable....

ah...just saw another one today. You're right, its people with dishes, but I could ahve swore it originally said cable. oh well, at least im notr loosing my channels. Sorry for the alarm everyone.

Peace, TSK

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah on Dish Network I saw the exact same msg, but dish network is trying to block it but sometimes it gets through, they attempt to put a huge black bar at the bottom to cover the scrolling msg.

It tells you to call 1800333dish

and when you call it tells you to call president of CBS I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yes I too remember this being stricly for Dish Network users. I have cable so I get all the channels without any problems and possible cancelations. I see the marque every now-and-then though. I was watching mad tv at the time when I first saw it and thought it was just part of the skit. Later on I see it on mtv and wondered what in the hell was goin on.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
We do not even have cable because everytime we get cable, it starts out as a nice low rate.......six months later, you are paying as much for cable, as it would cost to make a one time payment for satelite equipment. True, you still must pay for the service but, that is a steady, affordable payment per month.

Just my two cents

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
I was watching frisay night stand up on comedy central as usal, and a marquee posped up in the middle of the scree. It said the viacom channels nickeloedon, comedy central, tv land,mtv, vh1 and other were going to be removed and put on digital cable. So I hafta pay extra for them !!! Bull frockin #e! This whole thing is because of viacom getting sued for the jannet jackson thing on cbs. Viacom said soon after that they were going to adjust the content of their channels, I didn't think they would take them away. Man this sucks.

Thoughts?

You should sue Janet Jackson, its her sluttines that causes this!!
Call Johnny Cochran
or what ever his name was.
JANET MUST PAY!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People act like they've never seen tittias before.

new topics

top topics

join